Dr. Paul Jo, MD

Dr. Paul Jo, MD

Urology | Male

1901 SE 18th Ave, Ocala, FL 34471 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Jo specializes in Urology and practices in Ocala, FL. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Jo? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Jo's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Jo's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Urologynull

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Jo

Dr. Jo accepts 23 insurance carriers

23 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Jo has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Jo

Dr. Jo's Review Details
      4.2 based on 69 responses
      Experience with Dr. Jo
      Dr. Jo's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (68)
      Ocala, FL |
      Dr. Paul Jo is probably the BEST specialist i have had the pleasure to be with since my move to Florida 9 years ago. I wish him continued success, and good health.
      Ocala, FL |
      He is the BEST !!! Always taking GREAT CARE in his patients !!! in My opinion: Paul D. Jo is the best in every way. I grade him an A . PS.... At the least he has extended my life, one might say that he, " saved it." It's difficult to fine the right words to tell you just how much I respect his practice.
      Ocala, FL |
      Dr. Jo is the most caring , competent, and reassuring Dr.in urology I have found in Florida since my retirement. I pray God gives him many years for his work, and many more for his personal enjoyment. Excellent Christian Doctor
      in Summerfield, FL |
      Dr. Jo has been excellent in his treatment for prostate cancer. I have been cancer free for the last year and Dr. Jo did a wonderful job with my treatment.
      Ocala, FL |
      kind-hearted, which is rare in md's. to the point quickly and listened attentively. was not condescending, was light-hearted simultaneously while being utterly professional.I left feeling happy to have found a gentle physician who represents the best qualities of his profession.I feel relieved that he will thoroughly monitor my health while avoiding any ego issues which sadly is rare in doctors. thank you also for a kind and effective and gentle staff. such a good experience. may God bless Dr. J
      Bellview, FL |
      in Ocala FL |
      I hate hospitals and any invasive procedures to myself. Having said that Dr. Jo has prepared me mentally & medically, prayed with me, visited me, then performed the prostatectomy surgery. My oldest brother bragged about his prostatectomy surgery a few years ago and how he was up on his feet after only 3 weeks. Wow! I went to visit Dr. Jo the day after surgery to give him my good news. I admire, respect, and have the greatest confidence in Dr. Jo and love the spiritual atmosphere in his office.
      Beverly Hills, FL |
      Besides being helpful, I was very impressed with the doctor's overall attitude. The doctor's office seems to reflect his cheerful demeanor.
      in Ocala, FL |
      I had a negative experience several years ago with a different urologist.This visit was the complete opposite and while I don't relish doctor visits;I have to say this was a positive experience.Dr.Jo is an asset to his profession.
      in Dunnellon, FL |
      I am pleased with the care given to me. I feel comfortable which is important to me. Dr Jo, treats my husband also! I go to him with complete confidence! A Suberb Doctor!
      in Ocala, FL |
      Dr. Paul Jo is a gentleman and a doctor that cares about his patient. I have found Dr. Jo to listen to me and respect what I have to say. I would certainly recommend Dr. Jo and I have already done so. Dr. Jo is the best! Caring, compassionate, and one of the kindest persons I have ever known.
      in Ocala, FL |
      I thought he was a exceptional Doctor. He was very knowledgeable and his bed side manner was very caring and informative. I would recommend him to all my friends and family. Thank you for treating me like a person Dr. Jo. 100% Love his positive attitude. Love the Christian influence--music, pictures, etc.
      in Belleview, FL |
      If I had read the other reviews before going to see Dr. Jo I would have been very uneasy about going but my experience with the whole staff has been just 180 degrees from theirs. I have been to see Dr. Jo several times and everyone there has always been very professional. I guess the only ones who review anything is when they have problems. I am here to say that Dr. Jo and his staff are great and I would recommend them anytime.
      in Stafford, TX |
      My mother went to Dr. Jo and first off, they left her in the examining room for over an hour. Then Dr. Jo walks in and just asks "What are you here for?" Then once she was told what she needed and given a prescription, she went home and started taking the prescription. She had a severe allergic reaction from it. She went back up to Dr. Jo's office and asked if the nurse could just come out and quickly look at the rash that had spread all over her body. The front desk receptionist was rude and co
      in Ocala, Florida |
      Accused me of having a venereal disease and told me to go back to see my gyn, who referred me there. I laughed. Hint: I do not actually have STDs or STIs. I am diagnosed interstitial cystitis and was in pain as we spoke but he told me he couldn't do anything for me. Ridiculous office wait time for a short visit. Rude man.
      in Ocala, Florida |
      Had my mother wait 1.5 hours for 10 minutes of his time only to dismiss her and tell her there wasn't enough to go on. Told her to go see the doctors that referred her there again instead. Waste of her time and money.
      Horrible!! He has seen my father twice and has done a surgery on him both times. Dr. Jo brought a specialist into the surgery to help, the specialist messed up (per Dr. Jo) and wrapped some wire around my dads kidney and Dr. Jo was not able to finish his surgery. After my father vomited blood my mom called an ambulance to come get him and after Dr. Jo made a plan for my dad to go to Shands, Dr. Jo now claims that he has never seen my father and doesn't know him. Dr. Jo has refused to treat him.
      Have you seen Dr. Jo?
      Are you Dr. Jo? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Jo

• Bladder Diseases
      • Bladder Diverticulum
      • Bladder Infection
      • Bladder Stones
      • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
      • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
      • Chronic Kidney Diseases
      • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
      • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
      • End-Stage Renal Disease
      • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
      • Erectile Dysfunction
      • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
      • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
      • Hydronephrosis
      • Hypospadias
      • Interstitial Cystitis
      • Kidney Cancer
      • Kidney Disease
      • Kidney Infection, Acute
      • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
      • Kidney Stones
      • Male Infertility
      • Male Sexual Conditions
      • Neurogenic Bladder
      • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
      • Overactive Bladder
      • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
      • Peyronie's Disease
      • Premature Ejaculation
      • Prostate Cancer
      • Prostatitis
      • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
      • Sleep Disorders
      • Urethral Stricture
      • Urinary Disorders
      • Urinary Incontinence
      • Urinary Stones
      • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
      • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
      • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
      • Ureteroneocystostomy
      • Urethral Dilation
      • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
      • Uroflowmetry

Parkland Hospital University Tex Med Center

Completed in 1991

University Tenn Med Center

Completed in 1997

Dr. Jo has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Jo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Urology
      • Board certified in Urology
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Jo

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Jo's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Jo

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients