Dr. Paul Jacob, DO

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Jacob

Oklahoma Joint Reconstruction Institute

9800 Broadway Ext Ste 201 Oklahoma City, OK 73114

Dr. Paul Jacob, DO is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Oklahoma City, OK and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Ohio Univ College Of Osteo Med in 2008 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Jacob accepts

Dr. Jacob accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Assurant Health
CHAMPVA
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Jacob's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Jacob's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hip Replacement

Dr. Jacob performs Hip Replacement more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Jacob performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Hip and knee replacements are two of the most successful surgeries in all of medicine. Dr. Jacob is highly subspecialized in the field of hip and knee replacement and focuses his practice solely on this area of orthopedic surgery. Whether you are a f...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

1.2048192771084338%

Dr. Jacob?
Dr. Jacob's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Paul Jacob, DO
Dr. Jacob is simply the best, from bedside manner to surgical skill and knowledge. I can't speak highly enough of my experience and 5 stars are certainly not enough! Dr. Jacob made me feel like the most important person and truly cared about my surgery and outcome. He is honestly the most caring surgeon I have ever met and although he is busy, you would never know how busy he is by how much care and attention he gives to his patients! He knew I was an anxious person and he was always there to answer my questions, provide evidence based information to help me and encourage me! I felt great from a week out and it gets better and better! Everything about his work, his process and his outcomes are stellar! Thanks Dr. Jacob for giving me my life back as a young hip replacement recipient who was so worried about the future (those worries are gone). I wish everyone could know about him and receive care from him because I have no doubt he is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
Bad experience. 0 stars. I was a private pay. Had initial visit, a ct scan and x-rays. Surgery scheduled for next Mon(Vets' Day, obs). Arrived to find Dr. Jacob cancelled because they couldn't verify ability to pay(bank holiday). Spent an hour previous appt. asking how they wanted to be paid with no answer. Now they want $2700 for services costing about $600 private pay. Talked to office 3 times. Turned over to collection. Offered to pay the $600. Refused. Only concerned with money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
I had run out of time and options and desperately needed to have my hip replaced but at the age of 42, there is a lot at stake. Dr. Jacob and his team are phenomenal. My recovery has been very smooth and quicker than I had even dared to hope for. I was back to work, attending my kid’s band concerts and basketball games 2-3 weeks after my surgery. I’m so thankful to be able to return to my busy life pain free!! Thank you so much for an extremely successful surgery and outcome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
WOW Dr. Jacob is a rock star in the OR and out!! He is truly gifted in what he does! The staff as well have been wonderful and caring. I never felt rushed or confused about what was going to happen. My pain has been kept under control. The hospital was amazing to let my husband stay all night with me and he even ate the same meals I ate. Everyone is so wonderful. I would recommend Dr. Jacob to anyone and if I need something fixed or tweaked in the future, his office will always be on speed dial.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
At 36yrs old, I was referred to Dr. Jacob by his coworker who was un-able to help me, after seeing my x-ray. He & his staff immediately helped me 1) to understand my situation; 2) gave an effective, temporary solution for my debilitating pain through a procedure that froze my nerve endings 3) referred me to a rheumatologist (vs keeping me on a gazillion pain meds) 4) found the RIGHT prosthetic for ME & executed my surgery and aftercare flawlessly. I am now as active as I want to be again! :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
Dr. Jacob is very thorough with answering questions as well as explaining exactly the procedure he does. He makes absolutely sure there will be no room for infection following surgery! I loved that he uses a medicine that bums the surgery area for several hours so that walking is a breeze!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
Ive had both my hips replaced by Dr. Jacobs and his team using robot assist. The first was in 2016, the second one was just three weeks ago. Recovery on the first one went great and was hoping the second one would go as well. My expections on hip #2 were exceeded - from the day/night of surgery to present. Was able to stop “pain medications” 10 days after surgery and already walking several miles/day pain free. Couldn’t be more pleased with the entire process from diagnosis to rehab.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
In November of 2017 I had a Total Hip Replacement and it was the smoothest procedure and hospital stay ever. From the minute you enter the door for surgery until you leave. Very top notch. I was a young person needing this procedure and was concerned, Dr. Jacob made it very easy to make the right decision. The recovery was very little down time, and pain was very minimal for me. Dr. Jacob took his time to answer all my questions and explained everything for my husband to understand & to feel ok.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
My entire experience with Dr. Paul Jacob and his team was over the top. From the initial appointment, through the surgery and rehabilitation process, to my one year follow up visit, they told me exactly what to expect and spent more than enough time with me to explain the process. In addition to Dr. Jacob and his team, the entire medical staff was exceptional. I would highly recommend Dr. Jacob for any type of knee or hip surgery and will certainly visit him again if I have similar needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
Hip replacement went amazingly smooth. A year after the procedure I am doing everything I was doing before; gardening, hiking and in general just living without that awful debilitating hip pain! Dr Jacobs is excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
One year ago today Dr. Jacob performed my right TKR. Surgery was a great success; he is a great surgeon. I came to him using a walker, in extreme pain and dependent on family. He worked me in within 30 days. 16-week? recovery and a year later I am walking normal, pain-free and independent. My quality of life is great. His bedside manner is like no other. His compassion, attentiveness and accessibility during my TKR to now have? been priceless to my family and I. So grateful to him and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
Dr Jacob is a great conscientious doctor. Right from the beginning you know he is dedicated to his patients and everything being a success, I had hip replacement surgery but was referred by a person who had knee replacement surgery. His staff is the best. Very great people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
This was my best doctor/patient relationship ever! Dr. Jacob is so great at explaining every little detail so nothing was a surprise to me. He really listened to my concerns from a surgery I had with another doc and addressed them all. He was quick to respond via email. He showed great kindness in the hospital before and after surgery. The surgery was great and recovery has been super. I would recommend him and his staff over and over.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
I have never (20 lifetime surgeries) had a better surgical experience. Dr. Jacob and his imminently qualified staff are the "Gold Standard" of care and expertice. Dr. Jacob diagnosed my problem where teams of other "experts" could not. He provided me with answers to my anxious questions and most importantly he LISTENED without talking over me. Dr. Jacob made me feel important and cared for in the highest degree. If you need surgery and want the very finest in care, Dr. Jacob is it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
Dr. Jacob replaced both my hips, one on 9/26/2016 and the other one 12/28/2016. After my first hip replacement, I was back riding my bike within 6 weeks and was riding strong up until I had my second hip replaced in December. Dr. Jacob did an outstanding job, virtually pain free and now I'm on my way to being better than ever. Will be racing in my first MTBIKE race, post new hips, April 30!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
Dr. Jacob and his staff are excellent people. They are very knowledge about their work and explain everything thoroughly so that the patient understands. Very courteous and accommodating. After doing my knee replacement, I have felt better than I have in over 20 years. I did everything Dr. Jacob asked, and I have had a speedy recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Jacob for knee replacements!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
After my last experience with knee replacement, I was prepared to do my research and find a quality physician who could meet my needs and address my concerns. Dr. Jacob and his staff met all that and then some. From my first appointment to my last visit, I was treated as an individual patient and not another knee replacement on the books! He took the time and explained the difference of his process and procedures. My hospital visit was just as good and I recovered in a shorter length of time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
I had my right knee replaced and then about four and half months later I had my left knee replaced. (TKR) I could not have been in better hands. From start to finish, including pain management and physical therapy, I had the best care that one could ask for under his guidance. Dr. Jacob's skills are unquestionably the best. Thanks to him and his team, my new knees feel like they are my own, I am no longer in constant pain, and I have my life back again. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
I left a review earlier. But, I regret some of it. I do believe that Dr. Jacob actually had my husbands best interests at heart by referring him to a different more qualified doctor. I just wish he had let us know sooner than a few days before we thought we were going to have surgery so I wouldn't have set up other things in preparation for the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
I carefully researched all surgeons within 100 miles. I settled on Dr. Jacob and I'm glad I did! I liked the fact that he was always jovial, cordial, and easy-going. It was easy to see that he is a very confident man. He performed a Makoplasty partial knee replacement and my recovery has been outstanding. It speaks well of him that all of the hospital nurses think so highly of him. I will soon go back in for my other knee and I have supreme confidence in Dr. Jacob!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Jacob?

Oklahoma Joint Reconstruction Institute