Dr. Paul Heimbecker, MD

Dr. Paul Heimbecker, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Dr. Paul Heimbecker, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Sanford, NC and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, gynecology, and more.

127 N Steele St

Sanford, NC 27330

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CHAMPVA
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Heimbecker

See how frequently Dr. Heimbecker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Hysteroscopy

Dr. Heimbecker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Adolescent Gynecology
  • Gynecologic Surgery
  • Gynecology
  • Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
  • Urogynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Florida Atlantic University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Saint Louis University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • St Johns Mercy Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • St Johns Mercy Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Heimbecker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Heimbecker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heimbecker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Heimbecker's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Heimbecker to family and friends

Dr. Heimbecker's Performance

Dr. Heimbecker is a caring doctor who is very sensitive to my health needs and understands the private manner in which a woman's health issues should be addressed. Because I want to help you in your quest to find the right doctor, please know that he and his team is truly dedicated to enhancing a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I honestly wouldn't recommend for any of my family or friends to go see him. I feel like he doesn't really follow up and go the extra mile to help his patients ( at least in my experience) & when I kept calling about test results or any concerns I felt like his staff were annoyed . I also feel like...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Sanford is so lucky to have great doctors like Dr. Heimbecker. He is so friendly and follows up to make sure you are OK. His staff is so wonderful too!! They went the extra mile when my insurance company was having issues the night before my surgery to make sure everything processed right.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Heimbecker is extremely professional and personable. I would recommend him as a physician because of his attention to detail, extensive knowledge and experience; and lastly but just as important, his kindness. The care I have received has been nothing short of exceptional. The other office...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Bc I FEEL DR PAUL HEIMBECKER; OF SANFORD,NC HAS TO MUCH ON; HIS PLATE AND HE IS NOT NOT NOT NOT; NOT A PATIENT DR; & NOT NOT NOT NOT A COMPASSIONATE DR AS HE USE2BE(B4 HE GOT HIS OWN; PRACTICE) I WOULD NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT RECOMMEND DR PAUL HEIMBECKER OF>^>SANFORD NC!!!!!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I'm sorry this patient had a bad experience at our office. I can certainly say that this is not the normal experience. I stopped delivering babies 14 years ago and opened my own GYN office in hopes to be able to focus on complex gynecologic problems with less interruptions. I feel I spend a lot of time with my patients and I try not to make them feel rushed. I have been complimented on several occasions as to the time and detail I take in explaining medical conditions. We will try to improve.