Psychiatry  |
Male
Dr. Paul Gross, MD
Dr. Paul Gross, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Allentown, PA. He has been practicing for 45 years. Dr. Gross is affiliated with Sacred Heart Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest.

401 N 17th St Ste 304

Allentown, PA 18104

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Gross

Dr. Gross' Experience

Dr. Gross' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry

Dr. Gross does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Antipsychotic Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Lithium Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • University Of Pa Health System

Dr. Gross has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gross has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gross does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gross and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gross' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gross to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Gross' Performance
    GOOD
Allentown, PA |
Absolutely rude staff and the so called manager who refused to give the doctor my letter and said I could no longer get refills on my meds cause I missed an appointment. She wouldn't even let me schedule appointment. I'm so disgusted how she spoke to me and how she could even work there. Especially people on medications. I'm all out of my meds and going through withdrawals. Horrible horrible place!!!
in Walnutport, PA |
Dr. Gross has been my Dr. for 18 years, treating my Bipolar Disorder. He has shown great concern in helping me manage my condition with counseling and medications through the years. His staff is very helpful and professional in getting me seen or getting medication changes or refills. I have always felt confident that he would get me feeling better. If you need help I highly recommend him. He and his staff have always helped me get through the bad times.
in Bethlehem, PA |
When i was a patient the Dr took very excellent care of me and did overtime. I highly recommend him to anyone.
Slatington, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Gross for many years. From my first visit, he explained my condition, worked diligently to find a medication that would be well suited for my symptoms. That particular medication gave me my life back again, and to this day I can enjoy a life that I once knew. He has always been very kind and concerned, and a dedicated Physician. I would sincerely recommend Dr. Gross to anyone who is a candidate for his services.
in Allentown, PA |
I have bipolar illness, and have been a patient of Dr. Gross for 28 years. He has always been kind and compassionate. He is astute in altering medications according to fluctuations in my illness. He is concerned to manage me so that I can function well in society. In times of crisis Dr. Gross has always been readily available. His staff is efficient and pleasant. I would highly recommend Dr. Gross as a psychiatrist.
I have been Dr Gross's patient all my adult life. He has tried many different medications. Without him I would not have been able to hold down a full time job and do all the everyday tasks that must be done. He also has the only TMS center in the area. I highly recommend TMS it got me through a very difficult time.
in Allentown, PA |
Dr. Paul Gross is an outstanding psychiatrist. He is very perceptive. Moreover, his treatment plan worked great. I am doing entirely better because of him. I highly recommend Dr. Paul Gross.
Allentown, PA |
Dr. Gross and his staff helped me tremendously.
in Lehighton, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Gross since 1996. There is no other psychiatrist I would choose for myself in the entire Lehigh Valley Area.He is kind,intelligent and compassionate.His knowledge of medication's ,their interactions and uses are superior.I have referred family and friends to him.No one has expressed any dissatisfaction with him to me either.I would always tell anyone asking for a reference that he is the best !!! He will always be my doctor until he retires.
in Alburtis, PA |
I have been diagnosed for years with what was thought as moderate panic attacks and anxiety disorder. When my current doctor left the practice I was switched to Dr. Gross. After a quick evaluation he decided that the anxiety medication was not the answer, especially since he said I was on it for years with the same symptoms, "why take a medication for years if it isn't working. He diagnosed me with Adult ADHD, placed on medication for both that and for a sleeping disorder. What a miracle!!!!
Elizabethtown, PA |
I have been going to him for over a year and a half. I didn't like him or his assistant for several visits. I started to like him once I opened up to him on what I was going through. Dr. Gross only comes in where he is needed, and his assistant for most of the time works with me. One time in the past I asked why doesn't the doctor come in to see me, and he said if I want the doctor in all I have to do is ask. I do talk to the doctor when I need a change in medicine. I like him,
in Allentown, PA |
How can it be my one hour meetings were more like 15 minutes? It seemed as he never knew I was there and was always shocked to see me sitting waiting in his office. He typed instead of listening. He did not ask much or say much. Seemed like a huge waste of time and money on my part.
in Allentown, PA |
Over medicated my father to point of convulsing. Met this man first time for a family meeting to discuss transferring my father to assisted living because they bilked insurance for all they could and wanted him out of Sacred Heart Hospital in Allentown. They filed for Guardianship, refused to release him to my care though I had Durable POA. Do NOT let your loved one enter the care of this man! My aunt dealt with same man, similar situation with her mom and had to PAY to see him & get answers!
in Allentown PA |
1st of all I saw the man twice for a few minutes, I see a P.A.. I was in patient in the worst psychiatric unit ever, saw him 1 time..and he asked if we met. I was sent home after a 4 day nightmare with a follow up with the p.a. 10 days later. Still very depressed and anxious and very confused. They messed up my meds, and I feel afraid to trust what they say. I just don't know what to do.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Gross, MD?
Are you Dr. Gross?