Dr. Paul Fadale, MD

Dr. Paul Fadale, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Paul Fadale, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine doctor who practices in Providence, RI. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Read his story

2 Dudley St Ste 200

Providence, RI 02905

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Neighborhood Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Fadale

See how frequently Dr. Fadale performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Knee Dislocation
Knee Disorders

Dr. Fadale's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Fadale's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Fadale "Dr. Paul Fadale is Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Chief of Sports Medicine at the Alpert Medical School of Brown Universiy and Sports Medicine Fellowship Director. Dr. Fadale is a board certified trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in Sports Medicine specializing in knee and shoulder injuries. Dr. Fadale is the Head Team Physician for the Providence Bruins Professional Hockey Team, Brown University Athletics and previously the U.S. Figure Skating Finals. He has taught and lectured at AO (trauma), AANA (arthroscopy) , AOSSM (sports medicine) and AAOS (orthopaedic surgery) surgical educational courses. He is a "Top Doc" in Sports Medicine winner for the state of Rhode Island. "

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Shoulder Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine
  • A/O Intl Switz
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Union Memorial Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Fadale has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fadale does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fadale and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fadale's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fadale to family and friends
Dr. Fadale's Performance
Johnston, RI |
Extremely professional and places patient's well-being over everything else. Dr. Fadale and his staff provided quality care and made me feel like family throughout my injury and recovery. They explained in detail the diagnosis and the surgery and helped me make a well thought out decision. Dr. Fadale's reputation as a leader among his peers is well deserved. Highly recommend.
in Warwick, RI |
I RECENTLY HAD A KNEE ARTHROSCOPY DONE BY DR. PAUL FADALE. .THE PROCEDURE WENT WELL AND I AM SO PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS. WITH PT AND A HOME PROGRAM I CAN FINALLY GET BACK TO GETTING ON WITH MY LIFE. I JUST WISH I HAD DONE THIS SOONER. DR. FADALE IS A GREAT PHYSICIAN AND CARING PERSON.
in Providence, RI |
Dr. Fadale is exceptional. Specifically, after previous MCL; PCL and ACL surgical repairs 30+ years prior, I re-injured the knee. Post X-Ray and MRI, Dr. Fadale meticulously walked me through the viable options available to me based upon the obvious damage in play. I am now 12 days post surgery with a superb result. Dr. Fadale's surgical expertise is matched only by his personal attention to his patients. In addition, Jessica and Candice (nurse team) are absolutely top notch performers!!!
in Providence, RI |
Dr Fadale is an amazing and caring physician. He is beyond talented and truly knows what's best for his patients. I would trust no one else with my or my families health. Truly the best surgeon !
Providence, RI |
I had some crazy things going on with my knee, some of which didn't show up on my MRI. Dr. Fadale was able to make decisions during my surgery that left my knee in a better place than before my injury.
in North Kingstown, RI |
Dr. Fadale operated on my left ACL. I had an incredible experience with him. He truly gave meaning to the word "Doctor" by educating me on the complete process of the surgery and recovery. He provided excellent options of how best to recover for my lifestyle and the role that I played.
in EP, RI |
Dr. Fadale has a great bedside manner and definitely knows his craft. I appreciate his forthcoming nature and ability to break down the surgery (ACL) as well as recovery. As a parent he eased my worry. I would highly recommend Dr. Fadale
in Smithfield, RI |
I cannot say enough about Doctor Fadale and his staff. I Recently underwent knee arthroscopy for two meniscal tears and other bone/cartilage issues. Pain after surgery was minimal, mostly due to swelling. I was pain free within four days and walking comfortably. I would recommend Doctor Fadale to family and friends.
in Foster, RI |
I had broken my wrist in two places and went to University Ortho and had the pleasure to have Dr. Paul Fadale as my specialist. He is upfront and honest, (blunt even-which I love) and gives it to you straight. I could not have asked for better care and he answered all my questions and treated me great. I would definitely recommend him and his team to anyone Mike in RI
in Kingston, RI |
I was involved in a unique situation with workers compensation which delayed my ability for surgery. Through the entire process Dr. Fadale keep my best interests first and continually encouraged me. The staff at University Orthopedics are very knowledgeable and compassionate in all aspects of treatment. I truly felt at ease through the entire process, from my first visit with the doctor to the last visit with the physical therapist. This is my third procedure with University Orthopedics.
in Providence, RI |
In March 2016 I had surgery on my knee from a different doctor, from a different practice. In October of 2016 the same knee failed. After seeing the P A, at this same practice I decided to get a second opinion. After meeting Dr. Fadale for the first time, I knew he was the guy that I wanted to do the surgery that was needed. It's been 3 months and I feel great. I,m starting to resume some of my outdoor activities again. I highly recommend Dr. Fadale and his wonderful staff
in Warwick, RI |
I ruptured my left achilles tendon in September 2016 which in turn led me to Dr. Paul Fadale at University Orthopedics a day or two later to discuss my injury. From the very beginning, Dr. Fadale made me feel very welcomed and comfortable under the circumstances. He recommend surgery and and ten days later I was scheduled. Dr Fadale and his staff kept me informed prior and after surgery with exceptional care. I would highly recommend Dr. Fadale. In addition, Jessie, (asst.) was fantastic!
in North Smithfield RI |
This doctor is a no nonsense doctor. He is informative and to the point. My knee surgery went very well and healed quickly. I would definitely recommend him and his staff to my family and friends.
in Bristol, RI |
Went a few months ago with bilateral knee pain. Was told the doctor would only treat one knee at a time. One knee per visit. Was told that my knee was beyond his scope of practice, I had "bone on bone" and that I needed a "total knee replacement." Made appointment with knee replacement surgeon who said I have bone spurs on my patella--no surgery at all. Was given cortisone shots in both knees (at the same appointment) No pain, no problem since.
in Warwick, RI |
Proactive. Tells you exactly what to expect and gets you prepared for your procedure/surgery. No unexpected surprises on day of. Everything ran smoothly as planned
in Cranston, RI |
I was seen by Dr Fadale for a torn meniscus. I found him to be very professional and thorough in his explanations of my condition, what options I had and the surgical procedure I selected. He was patient and direct In answering all my questions and addressing my concerns. On the day of the operation he put me at ease. The post operation period went smoothly and quickly and with very minor discomfort. I have great faith in Dr Fadale. He is highly qualified and does excellent work!
in Pawtucket, RI |
I just had an ACL reconstruction two weeks ago with Dr. Fadale. First, I went to see another surgeon referred by my primary care, but after I did some research, I decided to see Dr. Fadale for a second opinion. After a consultation with him, I decided to do the surgery with him and I'm so glad I did. He was really clear explaining the procedure I was getting done and he was so sweet and supportive on the day of the surgery. :)
in Providence, RI |
I have a history of blood clots. First thing Dr. Fadale made sure was how to avoid another bad situation - and if not cleared, no surgery to repair my ACL. Dr. Fadale is one of the best orthopedic surgeon's I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. His reputation succeeds him! I am thankful for having the opportunity to be his patient, and for anyone looking for an excellent doctor - Dr. Fadale exceeds that 5 star experience!
in Central Falls, RI |
Dr. Fadale is the greatest doctor around. I have had 2 surgeries with him and he was great. Had my knee surgery and then 2 years later my shoulder. If anybody ask me about a doctor his name will go to them. He treated me so well. I cannot say anymore about it than he is a peach.
in East Greenwich, RI |
Dr. Fadale scoped my knee. It was my first type of surgery and I was a bit nervous about the whole process, however, Dr. Fadale was clear in explaining what he had to do and took away my fear. There has been minimal pain in my recovery from arthritis cleanup and two meniscus tears. Can't thank him and his team enough, the whole staff was awesome.
in North Providence, RI |
This is the second time in 10 years Dr. Fadale has preformed knee surgery (both knees) on me. He is an excellent surgeon, he has set me up for success with his care and advice. I highly recommend Dr. Fadale!
in Providence, RI |
Dr. Fadale performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee for a torn meniscus. The care and professionalism of the staff was excellent. The surgery went very well and I have had an excellent recovery. That you for a great job!
in North Scituate, RI |
Excellent experience all the way from consultation to post surgery review. Staff was in constant contact with me the entire way. Everyone was professional and courteous and Dr Fadale was amazing to talk to and gave me a lot of confidence in the surgery.
in Rehoboth, MA |
I was referred to Dr. Fadale for repair of my fractured ankle. My husband and I found him to be warm and friendly, taking the time with us to explain the surgical procedure I needed and to answer any questions we had regarding the surgery and recovery. He was also very supportive and reassuring when I was initially upset about the time I would have to miss from work. He has been supportive throughout my recovery time. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon.
in Warren, RI |
Dr Fadale has been putting me back together for more than 20 years. He's the best. He has finally made me realize that I have to leave something for my retirement years. He cares and that means everything. His skills to me are unmatched. Without them I don't know if I'd still be working. Sonya and Diane are wonderful. They run the show and treated me like family. They make your pain hurt less with there personalities and willingness to help. All of you are fabulous. Thank you all so much.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Fadale, MD?
Are you Dr. Fadale?