Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD

Cataract SurgeryMaleAge 57

Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD is a Cataract Surgery Specialist in Westlake Village, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital and St. John's Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dougherty to book an appointment.

Dr. Dougherty

Dougherty Laser Vision

4353 Park Terrace Dr Ste 150 Westlake Village, CA 91361

Compare with other Cataract Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Dougherty with our nearby Cataract Surgery Specialists at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center.

Make an appointment at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center today at (818) 877-7153.

These providers are on the medical staff of West Hills Hospital & Medical Center.

Dr. Dougherty's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dougherty

4.0

Dr. Dougherty?
  • Office environment (55)
  • Staff friendliness (55)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (53)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (17)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (17)
  • Appointment was rushed (15)
He thinks he's a big shot. Condescending and rude. He spends a lot of money on google advertising so you'll always see him on the first page. Don't get fooled. Just take the 5-star reviews with a grain of salt. I have decided to give Dr. Dougherty a chance because I saw a video and he seemed passionate about his profession, a nice, and a trustworthy person. But this was far from the actual person I have met. He was impatient, dismissive, arrogant, and condescending. He avoided to answer my questions properly and gave me vague, generalized answers. Be aware, that they'll hold your test results hostage unless you pay another $40. It's some kind of office policy. What an insult, right? Do yourself a favor and don't take a chance just because you're curious. Ask people in your neighborhood (on Nextdoor) for referrals. I wish I had done that and not relied on reviews. (All the above are my sole personal opinion and experience.)
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Kat – Dec 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Just came back from a post-cataract check up and I just can't say enough good things about the whole Camarillo DLV experience. I was one of the early Radial Keratotomy patients 40+ years ago so Dr. Dougherty had lots to work with, work around. Absolutely fantastic surgeon and he very clearly CARES deeply. Today, I also had a fantastic experience with Stephanie, one of his tech assistants. Stephanie was delightful, easy to be with, careful and full of care and helpful with explanations of what she was doing. The whole staff at DLV is just super. Your visit may take longer than most ophthalmologist offices, but that is because they are SOOOO thorough - multiple exams, tests, etc. It's your eyes so be a patient patient.
Russell Bishop – Dec 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
I went to his office for a pre-op consultation for cataract surgery. It took three hours and at the end, all they wanted to do was talk about my out-of-pocket personal cost... over $10,000 for the lenses I need! Also, Dr Dougherty was 'running late', so I was seen by another doctor, who recommended the wrong lenses for me! Dr Dougherty finally showed up and saw me for less than three minutes and finally suggested the right lenses. But now I am so concerned about being a 'small cog in a big wheel' that I really don't want him to do my surgery. After all, I am the one who will be stuck with messed up vision... for the rest of my life!! I am seeking another opinion!
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Dougherty Laser Vision's service, environment, culture, and people are second to none. I had poor eyesight since I was six years old and I wished for laser eye surgery and perfect vision since the day I found out that I needed glasses. I am very active, so relying on my contacts and glasses was very challenging for me. Dougherty Laser Vision made my dreams come true! Dr. Dougherty performed LASIK surgery on my eyes yesterday in about 10 minutes. I woke up this morning with 20/20 vision and no pain what so ever! WOOHOO! He and his team made it an incredible experience including effective communication during scheduling, organized management, consistent information, and Dr. Dougherty was confident and efficient during the procedure.I felt safe, comfortable, and geeked out about all of the cutting-edge tech equipment the entire time.Dr. Dougherty talked me through each step and checked up on me to make sure I was alright. This is lifechanging and a miracle for me. Thank you Dr. Doughery!
Serena Beirold – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Saw him briefly for a pre-surgery consultation. He seemed a little rushed. I was not happy with the results but was told he doesn't see patients for post-op appointments; he leaves those to his colleagues. The optometrist I saw didn't think there was a problem and said an adjustment could be done if I still wanted to in a few months. I felt like I was on an assembly line.
Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Praise God for Dr. Dougherty! He is the best surgeon. The day after surgery, I could see. My vision was very poor and cataract were dense, so I lived in the dark. I had forgotten bright daylight. Dr. Dougherty turned the light on. This skilled surgeon worked a miracle for me. I am thrilled with my 20/25 vision. I smile all the time and continue to thank God for Dr. Dougherty.
Rita Brown in Simi Valley , CA – Oct 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
If you’re looking for a reliable, educated and loving place to get you or a loved one’s eye surgery, look no further! I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with Dougherty Laser Vision. I was quite nervous going into the surgery because I have never undergone surgery before but Dr. Dougherty and his wonderful team really made me feel comfortable and taken care of. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my eyes and I couldn't recommend DLV enough!
Shyla in Thousand Oaks , CA – Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
What an amazing experience! Dr. Dougherty and his team are so friendly and knowledgeable. From my LASIK consult to my post-op, I never felt rushed or like my needs were not met. Clean and professional environment, state-of-the-art technology, and fantastic customer service; I highly recommend Dougherty Laser Vision to my friends and family!
Valerie in Santa Paula, CA – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Dr. Dougherty is a refractive genius! I lived 29 years squinting my way through life, allowing fear to keep me from my best possible vision. Dealing with contacts was a nightmare and I lost too many pairs of glasses to keep count. I ended up having PRK surgery in Beverly Hills as that was the best laser for my prescription (they have 3 different lasers!). Finding DLV was a god sent, the staff genuinely care for their patients and Dr. Dougherty is amazing. My surgery went perfect I now see 20/20!
Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
I was referred to Dr. D to help correct a rare cataract surgery complication . It was a very complicated problem and took over a year to correct. At various times during the year, I was nervous, scared, and so tired of it all. Dr. D personally assured me that he and his team were going to take care of me until I had the best vision possible. I'll never forget that... it was a defining moment in my care. Dr. D & his team took the best care of me and I now enjoy healthy eyes with great vision
Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Dr. Dougherty and his team is like none other. Everyone has worked hard to not only help with my surgery, but has made the experience simple and manageable. At Dougherty Laser Vision, I never felt like "just another patient." I was included and helped along the way by a caring team of doctors, nurses, and other medical staff who honestly wanted what was best for me, not just themselves. I felt as treated as a person and a friend overall, not just another number. I would highly recommend
Timothy Eilerman in Santa Clara, CA – Nov 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Dr. Dougherty removed cataracts from both of my eyes and I chose Softec High Definition Lenses. I am really satisfied with the results. In fact my vision in my opinion could not be more perfect. I work eight hours a day using a computer and I like to read; thus my eyes get a good workout. I found the staff to be very friendly and efficient.
L. Burke in Oxnard, CA – Jul 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
I have been referring patients to Paul Dougherty, MD for over 20 years, and today I became a patient again; in the past, Dr. Dougherty had performed cataract surgery on my wife and I. My experience at Dougherty Laser Vision was outstanding. The office staff was helpful from the moment that my wife (who was also seen as a patient) and I walked in to the office. The 'wait time' was under 10 minutes. The time spent in the exam room with a staff doctor, before Dr. Dougherty came in, was appropriate
Robert L. Pazen, OD in Ventura, CA – Jun 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
What an amazing experience! From the moment I walked in, I felt like a member of the family. I had visiting 3 other LASIK centers before deciding that Dr. Dougherty was my man. Dr. Dougherty is world famous LASIKS surgeon who has an amazing bedside manner and used the custom CATz laser technology that he developed! During my LASIK, he talked me the whole way through - it was easy! Four hours later - I could see! The doctor even called me that night. I was better than 20/20 the next day!
Newbury Park, CA – May 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Dr. Dougherty and his entire staff are "beyond amazing" and professional. You feel like you are a member of the family, when you come in for your eye exam and then surgery. I had a new lens installed by Dr. Dougherty in my right eye (cataract surgery) on Jan. 17, 2017. Now, I am scheduled for cataract surgery on my left eye on May 9th. Everything went "five star" on my right eye. I am having no worries about surgery on my left eye.
Sally Shumaker in Newbury Park – May 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
I had an amazing experience. Yesterday made 2 weeks since my Lasik Surgery. I must say I am beyond satisfied. I wore eye glasses over half of my life, 28 years to be exact. It's a wonderful feeling playing basketball and not worrying about my glasses falling off my face. I would recommend others to experience the great quality of service I received.
David in Oxnard,CA – Apr 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
I had the SMILE procedure done by Dr. Dougherty and I am seeing 20/20 24 hours later! I've worn glasses most of my life and fir the first time I don't need them. It was painless and they didn't have to create a flap. I am back to work today and I am feeling great. Thank you to the Dougherty Laser Vision Team.
Maria in Woodland Hills, CA – Apr 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
I had surgery with them about a year ago and I couldn't be happier with my vision! A year later and I am still 20/20! The staff is amazing. Very helpful and knowledgeable. I was walked through the entire process - step by step. Kristie, Ray, and Dr. Dougherty were who I had the pleasure of working with. I highly recommend this company / doctor! Rob McCowan
Rob McCowan in Woodland Hills, CA – Mar 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
Every aspect of my experience with Dr. Dougherty was positive, professional and my vision is amazing!
Mary Jones in Ventura, CA – Jan 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?
I had LASIK 14 Years ago at Dougherty Laser Vision in Camarillo. After a very comprehensive exam and discussion with Dr.Dougherty, he explained the procedure and expected outcome, and was more than accommodating in putting my nerves at ease! The staff was extremely professional and pleasant, you would almost think you were they're only patient! Everything went quite well, and Dr Dougherty made it clear that he and his staff were readily available for any questions or concerns I had.
Pam Malone in Thousand Oaks, CA – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dougherty, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dougherty?

Paul J. Dougherty MD, medical director at Dougherty Laser Vision, is among the nation's most experienced laser and lens-based vision correction surgeons....Read more

• Cataract Surgery