Dr. Paul Cook, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Paul Cook, MD

With a strong focus on sports injuries as well as fractures and sprains, Dr. Cook's extensive experience in the hand and arm is nationally renowned. Dr. Cook attended the Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine in Rootstown and served both his internship and residency at The Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus. He received his fellowship training in Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity at the Raymond M. Curtis Hand Center in Baltimore, Md.

...See Less

Dr. Cook's Experience

See how Dr. Cook's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Cook is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cook has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cook's Reviews

GOOD
Zanesville, OH |
Excellent
in Westerville, OH |
I recently met with Dr. Cook to follow up on an injury to my left arm. It was diagnosed as broken and in need of casting per orders from Ohio Health Urgent Care. Dr. Cook's bedside manner was arrogant, rude, demeaning, and egotistical at best. His lack of empathy, sensitivity, and his condescending delivery makes me wonder how he can maintain any patient satisfaction whatsoever. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy. He was awful.
Westerville, OH |
Dr. Cook has done 2 surgeries on our 15 year old son. He has been great with our son and us. So glad we found Dr. Cook. He made all of us feel welcome,took his time with our son and made sure he explained everything to us .Thanks Dr.Cook
Wellington, OH |
Dr. Cook came recommended by my primary physician but after two visits I found another doctor. The wait time is insane - waited over 45 minutes in the exam room both times only to have a couple minutes with him. He did not seem interested in what I had to say and would interrupt me. He was extremely condescending and rude. I had to wait 6 months to see another doctor but it was worth it.
in Elyria, OH |
The wait time for Dr. Cook is ridiculous. He & his staff are not friendly. They always act like you are an inconvenience to them. If you schedule with him be prepared, your time is no concern to him.
in Columbus, OH |
Went in to see Dr.Cook for a broken hand and was immediately offended by the rude and unprofessional staff. The xray tech did not even greet me, just told me to follow her and then said good luck when she returned me to my room. Dr. Cook looked at my xrays and instantly made an incorrect observation regarding my previous medical history. I was told that I need surgery immediately or else I would lose substantial mobility in my hand. Dr. Cooks diagnosis and quick-to-cut mentality was complete
Columbus, OH |
Had my first appointment with Dr.Cook and do not quite know what to think. Thus far I cannot comment on the skill set of this physician, but the lack of sincere interest and in-depth care were pretty obvious. When I made the appointment, I was told to square away plenty of time for the visit (because I was seeing a specialist) but when it was time for me to actually meet with him, I was given a whopping 3-5 minutes of his time. No in-depth questions about my history or current symptoms.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Cook was great. He recently performed distal biceps tendon repair for me. The surgery went very well and the incisions are incredibly neat. Long term, I don't think they will be visible at all. I discussed various options and rehab and it is clear that Dr. Cook really knows this stuff. He was recommended by wanted top radiologists in Columbus to me and I would highly recommend Dr. Cook.
in Columbus, Ohio |
Poor bedside manner and condescending with rude staff. Would ask a question then interrupt before providing the answer. Minimal physical exam and did not attempt to get a full history. He came highly recommended from a friend in the medical field but will not see him again.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Cook, MD?
Are you Dr. Cook?

Compare Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook says...

Dr. Cook's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Cook has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cook's Board Certifications

• Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Injury

Ohio State University Hospital

Completed in 1996

Union Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1997

Dr. Cook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery