Psychotherapy  |
Dr. Paul Compton, MD
I was very fortunate to have my first psychotherapy experiences, both individual and in groups, when I was in college. That experience ultimately led me to seek out the enlightenment superhighway that is group psychotherapy and psychoanalysis. By far the greatest investment I have made in my life was in my own personal analysis and group therapy experience. Those practices opened doors in my heart and my mind that I did not know existed. And since then I have discovered a new world of joy and passion. I learned how to sit with powerful emotions, both mine and others', and that skill has deepened and strengthened my relationships. I have come to the understanding that it is our relationships that bring the greatest meaning and fulfillment to our lives. I can imagine you, the reader, saying, "Yes, we have all heard how important relationships are to our health and so on. But, so what, we all have relationships. What am I supposed to do with that information?" My answer is that not all relationships are equal, and the ways that we handle our relationships, the way we communicate, our expectations and many other factors make the difference between a healthy, happy relationship and a frustrating and unsatisfying one. And when our relationships are passionate and joyful, our lives become rich and long.

4131 Spicewood Springs Rd Ste M2

Austin, TX 78759

Learn about Dr. Compton

Are you looking for a psychiatrist who is a compassionate, nonjudgmental person who will listen deeply, and help you to live and love fully and authentically? Do you want psychotherapy for anxiety, depression or low self esteem? Would you like counseling for relationship problems or just want your relationships to be more alive and joyful?

Are you searching for meaning in your life, for fulfillment, joy and bliss? These are all humanly possible to achieve with the right kind of therapy and the desire for change.

If you think you may need medication I can prescribe for you if you are seeing me for individual or group therapy.

Call me (there is no charge for the phone call) and we can talk about the next step for you.

Dr. Compton's Experience

Dr. Compton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychotherapy

• Depressive Disorders
  • Emotional Stress
  • Grief
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Sexual Desire Disorders
  • Sexual Disorders
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Stress

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Grief Therapy

• Eastern Va Grad School Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Dartmouth Med School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Compton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Compton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Compton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Compton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Compton to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Compton's Performance
in Austin, TX |
For individual and/or group therapy and psychiatric services, i highly recommend and put my trust in Dr. Paul Compton. Sessions with him address many challenging life issues and emotions. Individual and group therapy help many folks, myself included, work with and through emotional challenges such as anxiety, depression, fears, grief, anger, rage, and stress and pave the way toward relaxation, joy, and passion in life. Dr. Compton is a highly skilled, gifted, and compassionate professional.
in Dripping Springs, TX |
Compassionate, thoughtful, intuitive, knowledgeable. Don't see Dr Compton is a no-nonsense professional who I would recommend my anyone including my closest family. He has taken me from hopeless despair to the sunshine of self awareness. His unorthodox presence during our sessions is refreshing from pencil scribbling bored analysts I've seen before.
Austin, TX |
Such a compassionate, caring and no-BS psychiatrist. No BS in a good way - if you're looking for someone who is going to be straightforward with you, but still shows such great compassion, Dr. Compton is that person. Through my last 4 months of psychotherapy with Dr. Compton, I've improved my self esteem and self worth, and am better for it. I look forward to my weekly sessions.
in Cedar Park, TX |
Dr. Compton is a great therapist: dedicated, caring, and experienced. He helped me open up to my feelings, learn to voice them, and find peace again after a severe loss. His therapy group brings it all together, providing a safe place where we practice voicing difficult feelings and come to healing. Join his therapy group: share, get inspired, change your life.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Compton, MD?
Are you Dr. Compton?