General Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Paul Charron, MD
Dr. Charron has been with the practice since August 2008. He specializes in the treatment of colon and rectal cancer, laparoscopic colon surgery, and the diagnosis and treatment of intestinal and anorectal disorders. He sees patients at our Henrico Doctors' and, Stony Point locations. Dr. Charron received his undergraduate degree from James Madison University and his medical degree from Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine. He completed his general surgery residency at Orlando Regional Medical Center followed by a fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at Northwest Colon and Rectal Clinic in Seattle, Washington. He is a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and an Associate Fellow with the American College of Surgeons. Additional memberships include Chesapeake Colorectal Society and Northwest Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.

7605 Forest Ave Ste 308

Richmond, VA 23229

Learn about Dr. Charron

Paul D. Charron, M.D.- Dr. Charron sees patients at Colon & Rectal Specialist's Henrico Doctors' and Stony Point offices. He spends a lot of time with patients and focuses on listening to what they have to say and what they are experiencing.

Every patient's quality of life is very important.  Dr Charron makes decisions on treatment, surgery and care with the patient's lifestyle in mind.

Dr. Charron's Experience

Dr. Charron's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Wart Treatment

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• James Madison University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Orlando Regional Medical Center
  • Northwest Colon and Rectal Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Charron has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Charron does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Charron and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Charron's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Charron to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Charron's Performance
in Mechanicsville, VA |
I have received excellent care from Dr. Charron. He is very personable, caring and conservative, which I for one appreciate. He is a very good listen and makes you feel as if you are his only patient. I would recommend him to anyone in my family.
in Dinwiddie Virginia |
Because of family history I have quite a few colonoscopies and my experience with Dr. Charron and his staff has been the least stressful. He listened to all of my concerns and I felt I was in good hands with his staff the day of my procedure.
Lynchburg, VA |
Dr. Charron is a very good surgeon but he is lacking bedside manor. My discovery of illness till my surgery was only four days. He did a very good job removing my mass and resecting my bowels but I do have a hernia at the surgery sight. He did save my life and I am thankful, I just wise he was a bit nicer.
Roanoke, VA |
Was able to get an appointment within three days of diagnosis. Dr. Charron is willing to listen and answer any questions. Office staff works well with scheduling appointments as I am a 3 hour drive from Richmond. Have recommended him to others.
I would never recommend Dr. Charron. His bedside manor is horrible. I have personally seen him verbally mean nurses in the hospital. He doesn't realize how unprofessional it is when as a patient you are walking around a unit to see him yelling at one of your favorite nurses. I will say he is a talented surgeon, but his personality takes away his skills.
in Richmond, VA |
I love him! He was always willing to take me even after hours or fitting me in.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Charron is very knowledgeable and highly skilled. He takes time to explain all procedures thoroughly, including positive and negative outcomes. He treated me for rectal surgery and I had the best of results. He listened carefully to my concerns and offered very effective recommendations for relief. I can't recommend him highly enough. I have already sent a family member to see him. I was blessed to have Dr. Charron on my medical team and look forward to seeing him for ongoing care.
Chesterfield, VA |
Dr. Charron is probably one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He spends time with you listening and actually paying attention to what you have to say. He is thorough in his exams. The time he spends with you definitely makes up for the time you wait. I've never had a doctor that spends more than 15-20 minutes with you. I trust all the decisions he makes, for he explains everything very detailed and in an understanding way. His nurse is also very helpful and considerate. Highly recommended!
in Fredericksburg, VA |
My Son and I first Visit to Dr. Charron. He was GREAT. He really examines you for your health issue and Answered all my questions on me and my son of which I had many. Took his time ( even though he was running behind after surgery) and I never felt rushed. Great Doctor. Also; his Nurse ( Caitlin ) was Very Nice to us; helpful, friendly and courteous being the first time we meet her.
Chester, VA |
Let me start by saying I have no problems with Dr. Charron...however, the staff hasn't got a clue. The wrong patient's file was pulled for me., that of another person and they couldn't understand where the problem was., did you ever go by another name? There is no followup. The wait time was over one and a quarter hours. The office at Forest Avenue facility was very dated and dismal. In spite of the fact that I need surgery, I most likely will not be going to CRS.
in Henrico, VA |
This group practice is a disaster. It is a large group, and for whatever the reason, they can't get anything right. My experience from making an appointment to see this doctor and then to have a follow up test is the worst that I've ever had. They got everything wrong re: tests, conveying instructions for them, the results of them, making of appointments, etc., etc. I felt no sense of caring from the people who worked there. Everybody makes mistakes, but this place gets nothing right.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Charron, MD?
Are you Dr. Charron?