Dr. Paul Chappano, MD

Dr. Paul Chappano, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Paul Chappano, MD is a general surgery specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE in 1993 and specializes in general surgery and bariatric surgery.

2 Shircliff Way Ste 500

Jacksonville, FL 32204

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Chappano

See how frequently Dr. Chappano performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Stomach Surgery
high
Obesity

Dr. Chappano's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Disciplinary action in another state (10/28/2014)
    Action Taken: Fine
    Summary: Chappano, Paul Joseph MD: License # MD064056L: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician has disciplinary action taken by the proper licensing authority of another state against his license to practice the profession. ACTION TAKEN; The Pennsylvania Board of Medicine has imposed a civil penalty of $1,000.00.
    State: Pennsylvania
  • Wrong-site surgery (6/13/2014)
    Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Florida

• UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Mercy Hospital Pittsburgh

Dr. Chappano has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Chappano has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chappano does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chappano and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chappano's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chappano to family and friends
based on 31 total reviews (5 with comments)

Dr. Chappano's Performance

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

Dr Chappano is very thorough and has a great bedside manner. He showed my husband and I the cat scan pictures and explained the problem, and how surgery could help. On the day of surgery he had to take an unexpected emergency surgery, which took him many hours. I was concerned because that pushed...more
Dr. Chappano provides the best care! His staff is caring and friendly. I trust Dr. Chaappano completely. Not only do I see him but my husband does also. He explains what he will do during your surgery and he follows through. He listens and answers any questions and spends lots of time with you. He...more
Great Dr. -I was in St. Vincents for 5 days and he made it a point to stop in every day and discuss any concerns that I had after my operation which he performed.
Dr. Chappano made both me and my mom very comfortable. He answered all our questions and never tried to rush us. He has an easy going manner and is very down to earth!
Great Surgeon who removed my thyroid. Really takes his time to explain my cancer to me and what are my options. English is not my primary language so he even worked with me in his office with a language phone app I have on my phone, and had a doctor on hand for my surgery that spoke my native...more

Are you Dr. Chappano?