Dr. Paul Chao, MD

Dr. Paul Chao, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Paul Chao, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

Essentials Women's Health Associates of Southern Nevada

2860 E Desert Inn Rd

Las Vegas, NV 89121

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Anthem
  • Culinary Health Fund
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Chao

See how frequently Dr. Chao performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
Pap Smear
Perimenopause

Dr. Chao's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abnormal Menstruation
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Genital Warts
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Lobular Carcinoma in Situ (LCIS)
  • Lupus
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Miscarriages
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorders
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Thalassemia

• Cesarean Hysterectomy
  • Chlamydia Infection Screening
  • Colpopexy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Vulvectomy
  • da Vinci® Hysterectomy
  • da Vinci® Myomectomy

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Taipei Medical University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • Taipei Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Presbyterian University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • St Luke's Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Chao has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Chao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chao to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Chao's Performance
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Chao left me with two serious complications after removing a tumor that should not have been treated with surgery first. A correct diagnosis would have likely meant no surgery at all, and none of the complications resulting from that surgery. Now I'm faced with two additional surgeries to repair the damage he caused. This makes me believe his pocketbook is more important than his patient.
Las Vegas |
Was really unhappy with his demeanor. He's a grumpy old man who yells at everyone.
Las Vegas, NV |
I had two of my kids with Dr. Chao and all I can express is that my experiences where great. He made me feel comfortable at every visit I had even my first visit. My first pregnancy was with a different doctor and it was a bad experience(I have 3 kids) . I had an emergency csection with my second baby and with my last baby he gave me the option of having a successful v-back,not a lot of doctors are comfortable with that option. I would definitely recommend Dr.Chao to family and friends.
las vegas nv |
such a mean person
Hello, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. If you could please reach out to us with more details through our website's contact form or by calling us at 702-577-1622, we can address any issues.
Los Angeles, CA |
this man is pure evil
Hello, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. If you could please call our administration office at 702.577.1622 or write us a message through our website's contact form, we would be happy to address any specific issues you may have. We hope to hear from you soon.
Las Vegas |
By far the meanest, rudest doctor I have ever met; which is weird because he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.
Hello, We are sorry to hear you feel this way, and we would like to address any specific complaints you have. If you could please call us at 702.577.1622 or send us a private message through our website at whasn.com, we would be happy to speak with you. We hope to hear from you soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada |
doesn't know anything at all about birth
Hello, We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your visit. If you could please send us a private message with more detail through our website at whasn.com, we will be able to address any issues directly.
such a jerk!
Hello, We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience with Dr. Chao. If you could please send us more details through our website at whasn.com, we will be able to address any specific complaints you may have.
really impatient and mean
Hello, We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your visit with Dr. Chao. We take our patient feedback seriously, and if you could please send us specific details through our website at whasn.com, we will address them directly.
Las Vegas, Nevada |
bad
Hello, We are sorry to see you are unhappy with your visit. To better help us understand your complaint, please send us a message through our website at whasn.com and we will address it promptly.
such a bad doctor
Hello, We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your appointment with Dr. Chao. If you could please send us details through our website at whasn.com, we will be able to address them further.
incompetent
mean, rude, and smelly
Henderson, NV |
Doesn't care about his patients or anyone else around him at all. Only cares about himself and about screaming at people. He only wants to cut and do surgery and not actual delivery because he makes more money that way.
Hello, We are sorry to hear you were not please with your experience with Dr. Chao. So that we can address your complaint directly, please send us a message through our website with your name, contact information and additional details. Thank you.
Henderson, NV |
He is the least caring doctor I have ever met with. He obviously doesn't care about his patients and is extremely mean to everyone. The people who run the office are the same; very mean.
Brockport, NY |
The WORST care for pregnant mothers on the planet.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Chao has been caring for my family and I for the past 9 years. He is caring and always tell us if u were my wife or daughter I would suggest this or that. He has a cool sense of humor and is very good at explaining options for your situation. The girls upfront always greet us with a smile and are very helpful. He found my moms breast cancer and cared for me during my twin pregnancy , he had better not retire anytime soon !!! I read his previous reviews and had to express my honest opinion
Brockport, NY |
His huge lack of knowledge did a great deal of harm.
Buffalo, NY |
Least knowledgeable doctor I've ever met. Doesn't seem to know about anything at all.
Buffalo, NY |
mean and rude
in henderson, nv |
I don't think it's possible to be more disappointed with the care I received here. I kept hoping things would be different with Dr. Chao, but it never was. He gives you no personal attention and crams you in and rushes you as quickly as possible without knowing anything about you. I have another friend who had the same experience and transferred out of his "care".
in Buffalo, NY |
DO NOT recommend this doctor for anyone expecting a baby. He has no compassion or understanding and completely ignores any concerns you may have. Treats you like garbage instead of like a human being. Get yourself someone better...pretty much anyone else would be.
Philadelphia, PA |
The medical treatment here is completely unacceptable. Irresponsible and unbelievably inadequate. I'll never go back to this hospital or ANY hospital with Dr. Chao, and encourage everyone else to avoid becoming a patient here. You'd be better off going to a fortune teller on the street for your medical advice and help than the extremely unprofessional, invasive, and judgmental doctors (like Dr. Chao) that work at this hospital. Hopefully one day they wake up and try to treat patients with some
henderson, nv |
Very inappropriate doctor. Run in the other direction!!!!
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, but we're sorry to hear about your experience. If you could please give us a call at 702.796.9997 and share the details of your visit, we can work to address any issues.
henderson, nevada |
Avoid this doctor at all costs. He's rude, unfriendly, doesn't seem to know anything about the field of medicine, and will likely create a lot of problems for your pregnancy.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Great doctor, you can feel comfortable knowing he is treating you with knowledge and for the best of your health. He treated me through my twins pregnancy and also since I was 16 years old.
in Henderson, NV |
Experience was literally confusing and traumatic, I was scared and nervous, as a first mom-to-be I had lots of doubts and questions, when I came out of that office my confusion turned into fear, everything was so fast and rushed, no compassion at all, the only explanation I got was, they couldn't see my baby, and that i had other issues. Doctor prescribed a medication that even the pharmacy refused to release to me because of the high risk for the baby. Dr. never returned my calls. Very sad.
Las Vegas, NV |
I saw Dr Chao for a routine post menapausal exam he and his staff were very kind and efficient. At that visit he ordered a mammogram. I found some lumps so they did extra exams. The Dr. called me the next morning and left a message letting me know that everything was fine. I thought that was extra kind.
in Las Vegas |
Absolutely no bed side manners. Very blunt and rude. There was two different visits where Dr Chao told me there was no heart beat, he didn't even try to search for my baby's heart beat. I left his office crying and running to my specialist and of course they found my baby's heart beat thank God! This so called Dr gave me nothing but a heartache and rising blood pressure. He also told me that one of us weren't going to make it. After switching Doctors, baby & mom are perfect and healthy!
Las Vegas |
Absolutely wonderful doctor fantastic staff. Was present at hospital daily. Very attentive to all my needs. He went above and beyond for my family and I. I highly recommend him, he has delivered two of my children.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Chao, MD?

Visit Dr. Chao

Pathway X HMO/Ind Direct Access NV
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Culinary Health Fund
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA

Las Vegas, NV 89113
St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus
3001 Saint Rose Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89052

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Chao at Essentials Women's Health Associates of Southern Nevada