Geriatric Medicine  |
Dr. Paul Buehrens, MD
Dr. Paul Buehrens, MD is a geriatric medicine doctor who practices in Kirkland, WA. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Buehrens is affiliated with EvergreenHealth Medical Center - Kirkland.

12710 Totem Lake Blvd NE

Kirkland, WA 98034

Dr. Paul Buehrens, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Buehrens

A graduate of Harvard College and Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, Dr. Buehrens completed his internship and residency at the Medical University of South Carolina. He is Board Certified in Family Practice. He has been awarded recognition for 3 years (beginning December 2007) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance/American Diabetes Association Diabetes Physician Recognition Program. Dr. Buehrens joined the practice in 1981. He is the Medical Director of Lakeshore Clinic.

Dr. Buehrens' Experience

Dr. Buehrens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Geriatric Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Geriatric Medicine

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Harvard College

• Voted Top Doctor in Seattle Magazine, 2010
  • NCQA recognition for Diabetes Care since 2010, 10/2010
  • Voted Top Doctor in Seattle Magazine, 2002
  • Voted Top Doctor in Seattle Magazine, 2011

Dr. Buehrens has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Buehrens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Buehrens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Buehrens' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Buehrens to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Buehrens' Performance
Camano Island |
I have used Dr. Buehrens for over 8 years now- I am 71. He has helped me find the right specialist/specialties on 2 occasions. He has taken time to read my detailed symptom list and then ask even more penetrating questions to arrive at the diagnosis and correct treatment. He has deep knowledge of varied fields and is a warm human being. His review rating on this website is skewed lower by several reviews that complain about his right unwillingness to prescribe unneeded antibiotics.
Seattle, WA |
Dr. Buehrens has been my doctor since 1982 after a frustrating experience with another doctor in the clinic at that time who wouldn't test me for mono because there hadn't been any reports of it in the region. Dr. Buehrens looked at my symptoms,diagnosed mono and ordered a blood test to confirm it. He stays current on the latest research and I've never doubted he has had my best interests in mind with his advice and recommendations. I don't know what the heck I'll do if he retir
in Marco Island, FL |
He is without question the best Dr I have ever worked with. I travel 2800 miles to see hime for even checkups Straight to the point and is accurate and helpful. He gives hope when telling how to improve your situation.
Bothell, WA |
My experience with Dr. Buehrens was by far the worst I have ever had with any doctor. He actually joked that he could come into an appointment with his eyes closed and tell the patient that the reason for their illness stemmed from being overweight and out of shape and be right most of the time. And that pretty much sums up my experience with him. He didn't ask me any questions, gave me no advice, and basically blew me off. He was condescending and pretentious. Stay far, far away!
in Woodinville, WA |
I have been a patient at Lakeshore Clinic for over 50 years. This is the second time I have seen Dr. Buehrens and both experiences have been poor. He doesn't listen, blames illness on seasonal allergies, and does not want to prescribe antibiotics. I saw him on urgent basis and my normal doctor was booked. If he was my only experience with the clinic, I would never ever go back. See another doctor at the clinic, but avoid him.
I wish I could give him less than 1 star. I saw him when my regular physician was unavailable, and he acted like prescribing antibiotics was akin to prescribing narcotics. VERY dissatisfied with his lack of care.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Buehrens, MD?
Are you Dr. Buehrens?

Visit Dr. Buehrens

Dr. Buehrens accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Buehrens has admitting privileges