Dr. Paul Brady, MD

Dr. Paul Brady, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Paul Brady is a board certified physician who specializes in the shoulder. He graduated from Furman University and then completed medical school with honors at Wake Forest University School of Medicine. During his residency at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, he was named Chief Resident and was assistant team physician for the Wake Forest University Demon Deacon's football team. He then was chosen to do a one year fellowship with Dr. Stephen Burkhart in San Antonio, Texas. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery and the Arthroscopy Association of North America. He has authored numerous medical publications in orthopaedic peer reviewed journals. He also has co-authored three best selling orthopaedic textbooks on the shoulder. One of these textbooks ("A Cowboys Guide to Shoulder Arthroscopy") won first prize from the British Medical Association Medical Book Competition. In addition to treating patients Dr. Brady is highly involved in educating other orthopaedic surgeons and is an internationally recognized teacher at multiple shoulder courses each year. He also invents and assists in the development of new and innovative products to treat the shoulder. He is on several patents and is the primary inventor of a product of called the "dog-bone" and it's associated procedure for AC-joint separations. Dr. Brady is a member of Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee.

9430 Park West Blvd Ste 130

Knoxville, TN 37923

• American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Brady

See how frequently Dr. Brady performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
Rotator Cuff Surgery
Osteoarthritis of Shoulder

Dr. Brady's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Brady "My philosophy of medicine begins with my Faith. I believe that God is in control and I know that He is GOOD. I know that God wants the best for you and I feel privileged and blessed with the responsibility of being your doctor. I have also been blessed by being trained by some of the greatest orthopaedic surgeons in the country and therefore am equipped with knowledge and skills to help you get better! Second - I want every patient to be well informed. I will do my very best to accurately diagnose your problem and then educate you about this problem and your treatment options. I will never recommend any treatment that I would not recommend to a family member who had the same problem. This usually begins with conservative treatment options and progress from there as appropriate. If an operation becomes necessary I will thoroughly discuss risks, benefits, and alternative choices with you prior to surgery. In regards to surgery I believe that "Less is More". I believe in minimally invasive surgery whenever it is efficacious. My specialty training in shoulder arthroscopy has given me a unique perspective when it comes to this joint. I perform practically ALL shoulder reconstructive procedures arthroscopically - including repair of MASSIVE rotator cuff tears. Arthroscopic surgery (as opposed to open surgery) leads to significantly less pain and suffering for the patient and allows me to perform repair techniques which cannot be accomplished via traditional open surgery. In summary, I'd like to partner with you with one common goal - to improve your health and function!"

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Furman University
  • North Carolina Baptist Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • The San Antonio Orthopaedic Group
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Brady does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brady and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brady's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brady to family and friends
Dr. Brady's Performance
in Morristown, TN |
Dr Brady is an amazing physician who truly cares for his patients!!!! He diagnosed my frozen shoulder and began treatment immediately!!!! He knows his stuff and explains things in such a way that you understand what is wrong and why!!!!! He is the very BEST of the BEST!!!!!
in Lenoir City, TN |
Dr. Paul Brady the best the best thank Dr. Brady
in Knoxville, TN |
Every good result for rotator cuff and biceps tear surgery plus his affiliated therapists did an excellent job!
in Knoxville, TN |
Excellent Doctor, Thorough in his exams and he listens , and gives the best course of treatment that is the least invasive , I am so grateful to all the doctors at TOC ! Thank You !
in Greenback, TN |
We are very blessed in the Knoxville area to actually have several good choices for orthopedic surgery. After reviewing several very strong recommendations for a surgeon, I chose Dr. Brady. I am absolutely glad I did. I am ten days from a total left shoulder replacement and I am pain free. While I expect physical therapy to be demanding, I have the utmost confidence in the TN Ortho team to see me through to my right shoulder replacement in a few months. The choice is easy, ask around!
Crossville, TN |
Very through, ask a lot of questions when diagnosing the problem. Explains in detail about the treatment or procedure he will use to repair the damage.
Hi there, thank you so much for your positive comments about Paul C. Brady, M.D.!
Miami, FL |
Excellent doctor! He repaired my shoulder when other doctors said that it had to be replaced. He is kind and compassionate.
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Brady has treated both myself and my husband. Husband had a Total Shoulder Replacement and did so well. He did not even need to take Pain meds, only Aleve. I had a Carpal Tunnel Surgery which Dr. Brady performed on my dominant hand and have had no problems, I saw immediate relief and also only used Aleve for pain. No Pain Meds. My husband also gets the Synvisc injections by Dr. Brady in his knees as he is bone on bone and will eventually need knee replacements. The injections are doing great
in Knoxville, TN |
3rd visit came w/o appt. Rm was very hot & ask nurse could leave door open. Nurse became rude because I stood by door. Office manager came in while I was on ph rudely told me get off ph, I ask for cooler rm, no. NP helped found out not shoulder but neck. Office manager ph me at hm told me not come back. Got visit summary found out nurse lied to doctor, doctor back nurse never ask me any thing. Video ur visit. never thought this happen but it did. I was really lot pain when i went & migraine.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Brady has performed two surgeries on me in the past year - shoulder and knee. The experiences have been extraordinary and the results perfect. I can't say enough good about Dr. Brady and the team at TOC.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very professional. He was concerned with your progress and answered all of my questions.
in Maryville, Tn 37801 |
Very professional,knowledgeable and nice. Explains everything so I understand
in Knoxville, TN |
He was very personable and didn't rush through my appt. He listened to my concerns.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Brady was was excellent at explaining everything from the diagnosis through the surgical procedure.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Brady is an excellent doctor. I had several problems in my shoulder after a fall. Dr. Brady performed surgery on August 2 and I was back to normal in about five months. I had heard a lot of horror stories about rotator cuff surgery but everything worked out well for me. I did not have any pain during the whole process. Rehab takes a lot of time but that is just the way it is with that type of surgery. I want to thank Dr. Brady for performing the surgery and I would highly recommend.
Robert H, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
in Powell, TN |
Was very caring and I felt like he really listened to me.
Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Jason Mcdaniel.
in Knoxville, TN |
He was very good at explaining everything to me clearly so I could understand what was going to be done, my role in recovery etc. I knew exactly what to expect.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Brady is personable and thorough I believe he is incredibly intelligent and has a respect for God which would open the pathway for wisdom to be coupled with his intelligence. I would highly recommend him for your Orthopedic care
Thank you for your recommendation!
Have you seen Dr. Paul Brady, MD?

Visit Dr. Brady

Dr. Brady accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA