Dr. Paul Bowman, MD

Dr. Paul Bowman, MD

DermatologyAge 53

Dermatology

Dr. Paul Bowman, MD is a Dermatologist in Tampa, FL and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Bowman has extensive experience in Skin Cancer & Excision and Mohs Surgery. They graduated from UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHARLOTTE in 1995. Their office accepts new patients.

The Bowman Institute for Dermatologic Surgery

The Bowman Institute for Dermatologic Surgery5379 Primrose Lake Cir Tampa, FL 33647
    • Sat: closed

• Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • TrustworthyPatients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Bowman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bowman

Dr Bowman did Mohs surgery on my foot over a year ago !It still is not completely healed! He ruined my perineal nerve and I now can hardly walk due to damage in my shin! So you probably should think twice before he ruins your life!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
L g – Jul 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I have been to the office for two skin concerns. One was cancer on my nose, which Dr. Bowman removed. The other turned out to be nothing. Both experiences were good. I felt at all times that I was being given the best possible care. All staff were pleasant and showed great concern for my comfort. I was happy with the cosmetic quality of the cancer removal.
David – Oct 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I needed to get a regular health check and they found cancer on my nose. I needed to get Mohs surgery. I was scared, but everyone from the assistants to Dr Bowman were really great about explaining each step. They were caring, knowledgeable, and efficient. On a scale of 1-10, with low pain a 1 , the actual surgery was a 1. Having everything explained is priceless. It helps take the fear of the unknown away and helps with the healing process. The office is relaxing and clean. Two huge aquariums filled with colorful fish and other sea life are there for us to enjoy while we wait. I never have to wait for my appointment very long , but it is nice to have a wonderful environment while I do wait.
Cindy Churchill – Oct 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I didn’t actually see Dr. Bowman but the lady Dr. I have been to twice now for my annual has been great. I pointed out a few areas of concern which wound up being sun damage. (age 47) I appreciate she didn’t try to make something out of nothing (unlike me lol) and recommend unnecessary treatment or added concern on my part. Front desk very nice and helpful. Checkout just as pleasant. How I found out about Bowman Institute? A work colleague had surgery on her nose and was very pleased with her results so I asked her for the name.
Nora – Oct 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I am so thankful that my Lipoma/Cyst was small enough for Dr. Bowman to do my excision. I'd been living with it, on the back of my leg, for the past 10 years. I have no keloid, at this time, and minimal scarring from the sutures. Everyone at the Bowman Institute has a caring disposition, and exceptional bedside manner.
YS Warren – Oct 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
Dr. Bowman‘s team is great. Some of the best bedside manners and patient experience I have ever had. Always willing to answer all your questions and never in a rush.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Danny – Sep 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
This is the fourth time I’ve used Dr Bowman. He is an excellent excellent surgeon and has done a tremendous job with my nose. I had such a bad basal cell that required grafting from my cheek. Everyone that sees me is shocked to see how well they can’t see the surgery, either on my nose or my cheek. He also gives you his cell phone number so you can call or text him with any questions or problems you have and he will always answer you! He is the best Mohs Surgeon I’ve ever had. This is my 7th Mohs surgery.
Bev – Sep 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
Always excellent. Prompt, courteous, explains well, is thoughtful, extremely gentle with the needle and definitely the best place to go especially if your skin cancer is located where it will show.
Pat Krueger – Sep 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
Capable with an excellent reputation. Hard to consider going elsewhere when skin cancer is becoming so common.
  • Long wait times
Greg H – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Bowman and Avni’s for several years. I go for annual checkups and have had Mohs Surgery twice. I adore their staff. Everyone is friendly and efficient and they all make patient care their number one priority. I would highly recommend!
Holly H – Sep 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
easy, breezy....Avni and staff pleasant and professional. Fortunately, I have no significant issues, and have had no need for surgery by Dr Bowman
Jay Weiskopf – Sep 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr Bowman and his staff. From making the first appointment all the way through the reconstruction on my nose, they are superb. As a surgical healthcare worker, I have very high standards. They exceeded every one of them. The office and surgical suites are extremely clean and very calming and visually pleasing. I highly recommend Dr Bowmen and his fantastic staff.
Voni Whitaker – Sep 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I went there for minor surgery to remove an uncomfortable wart or mole. I had informed Dr. Bowman that other dermatologists had attempted to remove it but to no avail. Dr. Bowman made no promises. In fact, he informed me that after the surgery, it could grow back or return. In short, Dr. Bowman succeeded where others had failed. It's been several years since his minor surgical procedure, and it has never returned. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Thank you, Dr. Bowman, for a job well done.
Scott Derby – Sep 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
Dr. Bowman and his staff are wonderful and caring people. The office staff is top notch and professional as well as friendly. They took excellent care of me. I had a basal cell on the bridge of my nose, so I was nervous, but it's only been a few weeks and the scars are healing nicely! I am so glad I found this place. I will have more taken off because of living near the beach most of my life and I have fairly fair skin. I highly recommend the Bowman Institute!
Sheila McManus DeLeon – Sep 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
Dr Bowman and his staff are professional and friendly, from the receptionist right on up to Dr Bowman himself. I have been treated by Avni, who has a very gentle touch and professional demeanor, and I have had surgery performed by Dr Bowman, who was courteous, thorough and patient and took the time to answer all my questions. The accompanying nurses are great too - I would not hesitate to recommend this practice!
CateG – Sep 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I had a wonderful experience at the Bowman Institute. Dr Bowman and his staff were compassionate and knowledgeable, answering all my questions patiently prior to and following my surgical procedure. I was extremely pleased with the results of my surgery and would highly recommend Dr Bowman.
Sep 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
The entire medial staff is the very best! They explain what your issues are and explain in terms that are very easy to understand what the process will be!
Jul 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
I was upset to learn that I had skin cancer on my face, and I did a lot of research on treatment methods and MOHS surgeons before I chose Dr. Bowman. Now, 7 months post surgery, I am so glad I went with him. I agree with reviewers that stated Dr. Bowman is "a perfectionist" and "an artist." My scar is barely visible, and most importantly, I am cancer free. I feel Dr. Bowman is worth the drive if you are coming from out of town. He is Fellowship Trained and highly skilled. You can relax and know you are in the best possible hands. His office also worked well with my HMO insurance, getting all necessary approvals to ensure coverage. Many thanks, Dr. Bowman!
Jul 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
"An exceptional experience." is the term that best describes the treatment of my melanoma by all of the personnel.
Jul 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?
Dr. Bowman performed an excellent surgery to remove a carcinoma from my nose bridge and then rearranged the skin to leave minimal scar tissue. Judging by the scar, he is a skillful surgeon. Not only am I happy with the results of the surgery, I give him credit for all his wonderful staff who made the experience much better. Also, as a self paying patient, I was grateful to find his office worked with me and is listed as a preferred provider on Healthcare Bluebook.
Dan – May 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Bowman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bowman?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Bowman

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Bowman treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Bowman treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 829-1032.

Skin Cancer & Excision

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Skin Cancer & Excision specialists.

Dr. Bowman is experienced in the area of Skin Cancer & Excision. See the graph below to learn more about their experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Bowman
Similar Providers
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Skin Cancer
Basal Cell Carcinoma
Melanoma
Normal
High
Very High

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Bowman is experienced in the area of Mohs Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about their experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

• Melanoma Screening
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Seborrheic Dermatitis
  • Skin Discoloration
  • Soft Tissue Tumor Removal
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Dr. Bowman accepts

Dr. Bowman accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
First Health
Select HMO
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx

Dr. Bowman is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic surgeon. He was born in Naperville, Illinois and grew up in Raleigh,...Read more

Dr. Paul Bowman, MD is a dermatologist in Tampa, FL and graduated from the University Of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, School Of Medicine in 1995.

• Dermatology