Dr. Patrick J. Stiff, MD

Dr. Patrick J. Stiff, MD

Hematology | Male | 66 years old

Making an accurate diagnosis is the key to the best treatment outcomes--this requires expert pathology evaluations and X-ray readings, all better at a University or Academic site. In addition having a super-specialist rather than a generalist is critical for hard to treat conditions. In addiition, your first therapy is often the one that determines if you will be cured or not, so getting it right the first time may not only be the best thing but the only way to a cure.Read more

Dr. Stiff's Experience

See how Dr. Stiff's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stiff

Dr. Stiff accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Stiff has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Stiff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stiff to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Stiff
Dr. Stiff's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (16)
in new lenox, IL |
My father died under his care, and was never given the standard of care for GVHD of the gut. Jumped to dangerous drug, which lead to his death. Very little communication, always seemed rushed. I am a physician as well, and was hoping for some professional courtesy discussion. He ignored my family's needs, and sent junior residents to manage the majority of my dad's transplant. If you are considering a BMT, I would absolutely not have a consult with Dr Stiff. Very poor communicator
in Tinley park, Il. |
My father died while under his care recently after bm transplant.he has a terrible bedside manner. He never acknowledged me when I stayed with my dad at the hospital He made poor treatment decisions that led to his death. He never spoke to my family following the death. Anyone that wants to live through their transplant please choose another Dr. I would never under any circumstances recommend Dr Patrick stiff.
in Seattle, WA |
Dr. Stiff treated my older brother and was a godsend to our family. He is extremely knowledgeable and caring while at the same time, offered up a bit of "tough love" when we needed it. It was a very difficult time for my brother and us all, but we're extremely thankful and lucky that Dr. Stiff and his team helped us through.
in Evanston, IL |
Dr. Stiff is truly an incredible doctor. I had been given my diagnosis from another hospital and we were not happy with their treatment plan. Loyola got us in to see him quickly and Dr. Stiff and his team worked extensively with us, explained everything to myself and my family, and was constantly engaged with my treatment. I'm here today because of Dr. Stiff and my family and I will forever be grateful.
in Cary, NC |
Knowledgable/experienced. Understand high mortality rates r/t dx alone. My sister died from complications of host vs graft four months post cord-blood transplant. Never has anyone tried harder to recover, but the effect of disintegrating both inside and out made functioning impossible. She was made to feel she wasn't trying hard enough to recover. Nothing was further from the truth. Extent of outcome effects:"cure" being =/> worse than leukemia should have been addressed with testimony/visuals
in Highland Park, IL |
At the most critical time in my life, Dr. Stiff took extraordinary measures to make sure that me and my family understood exactly what options were available to us, and the risks and benefits of each. He was exceedingly specific, and took his time to translate complex medical issues into something we could fully understand. Our trust in him increased since he didn't try to sugarcoat anything. This same candor and thoroughness continued throughout my treatment.
in Naperville, IL |
Dr Stiff is an amazing physician who was extremely helpful when my best friend had a cancer diagnosis in her family. While he did not treat her, he took his own time to provide information to the family that guided her care and all of this brought the family closer together. Sometimes this does not happen but I feel as my doctor that he focuses mostly on me, the patient, which is very comforting. He is an excellent communicator and makes complicated topics easy to understand using analogies.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Honestly, Dr Stiff was one of the most approachable and caring people I experienced during our families health crisis ... he didn't mind us asking questions in the process, and never spoke down to us like others. He calmed my wife, and instilled confidence in a very stressful part of the situation. He is a very compassionate man .. He had us laughing about his previous career working French Fries at McD's ...
in Naperville, IL |
My son passed away while under Dr. Stiff's care. His lack of communication to family members, and, involvement is diagnosing and, treating my son produced a poor result. Under no circumstances would I recommend Dr. Stiff.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick J. Stiff, MD?
Are you Dr. Stiff?

Compare Dr. Stiff

Dr. Stiff's Care Philosophy

Dr. Stiff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hematology
  •  Board certified in Hematology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Oncology

Dr. Stiff has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stiff's Board Certifications

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Graft vs Host Disease
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large Cell, Anaplastic
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer

Cleveland Clinic
    Cleveland Clinic
    Meml Sloan-Kettering Mc

Completed in 1981

Dr. Stiff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stiff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hematology
  • Oncology

• Bone Marrow Aspiration
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Cancer Pain Management
  • Chemotherapy
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • Hematologic Disorder Treatment