Dr. Patrick Stiff, MD

Dr. Patrick Stiff, MD

Hematology  |
Dr. Patrick Stiff, MD is a hematology doctor who practices in Maywood, IL. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 42 years.

2160 S 1st Ave # 112

Maywood, IL 60153

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Stiff

See how frequently Dr. Stiff performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bone Cancer
Multiple Myeloma
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Dr. Stiff's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Stiff "Making an accurate diagnosis is the key to the best treatment outcomes--this requires expert pathology evaluations and X-ray readings, all better at a University or Academic site. In addition having a super-specialist rather than a generalist is critical for hard to treat conditions. In addiition, your first therapy is often the one that determines if you will be cured or not, so getting it right the first time may not only be the best thing but the only way to a cure."

• Hematology

• Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Graft vs Host Disease
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large Cell, Anaplastic
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma

• Bone Marrow Aspiration
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Cancer Pain Management
  • Chemotherapy
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • Hematologic Disorder Treatment
  • Plasmapheresis
  • Thoracentesis

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Loyola University of Chicago / Stritch School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1975
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Cleveland Clinic
  • Meml Sloan-Kettering MC
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Stiff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stiff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stiff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stiff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stiff to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Stiff's Performance
in Arlington Heights, IL |
Dr. Stiff was always in a hurry, never giving the attention needed. Never saw him during many month long hospital stays, only his associates. He is disconnected, and the patient is another unlucky person. Do your research, many gave poor reviews to him bc he has too many patients. He was snotty to my sister, who he said bothered him too much. Unbelievable. Well now she died due to his aggressive ways, although she was cured of cancer, it was the toxins in chemo that ruined her lungs.
Chicago, IL |
Dr Patrick Stiff was very attentive to me and my family. No matter what the size of the concern, Dr. Stiff answered all of our questions. His bedside manners are outstanding and made not only my experience, but my family's more comfortable as well. Thank you so much Dr. Stiff.
Naperville, IL |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr Stiff. I honestly feel like he is a member of my family. He took the time to educate me and my family about my devastating disease. Here I am 4 months in remission thanks to him. Amazing man! Just FYI he is a sox fan ??.
Naperville, IL |
Dr Stiff is awesome! He really took the time to explain things to me and my family. I owe my life to him! He truly treats the human spirit.
in Madison WI |
I was truly impressed at the depth of knowledge and experience Dr Stiff demonstrates. He is engaged and available 24/7 to address patient needs and has an impeccable reputation.
in new lenox, IL |
My father died under his care, and was never given the standard of care for GVHD of the gut. Jumped to dangerous drug, which lead to his death. Very little communication, always seemed rushed. I am a physician as well, and was hoping for some professional courtesy discussion. He ignored my family's needs, and sent junior residents to manage the majority of my dad's transplant. If you are considering a BMT, I would absolutely not have a consult with Dr Stiff. Very poor communicator
in Seattle, WA |
Dr. Stiff treated my older brother and was a godsend to our family. He is extremely knowledgeable and caring while at the same time, offered up a bit of "tough love" when we needed it. It was a very difficult time for my brother and us all, but we're extremely thankful and lucky that Dr. Stiff and his team helped us through.
in Evanston, IL |
Dr. Stiff is truly an incredible doctor. I had been given my diagnosis from another hospital and we were not happy with their treatment plan. Loyola got us in to see him quickly and Dr. Stiff and his team worked extensively with us, explained everything to myself and my family, and was constantly engaged with my treatment. I'm here today because of Dr. Stiff and my family and I will forever be grateful.
in Cary, NC |
Knowledgable/experienced. Understand high mortality rates r/t dx alone. My sister died from complications of host vs graft four months post cord-blood transplant. Never has anyone tried harder to recover, but the effect of disintegrating both inside and out made functioning impossible. She was made to feel she wasn't trying hard enough to recover. Nothing was further from the truth. Extent of outcome effects:"cure" being =/> worse than leukemia should have been addressed with testimony/visuals
in Highland Park, IL |
At the most critical time in my life, Dr. Stiff took extraordinary measures to make sure that me and my family understood exactly what options were available to us, and the risks and benefits of each. He was exceedingly specific, and took his time to translate complex medical issues into something we could fully understand. Our trust in him increased since he didn't try to sugarcoat anything. This same candor and thoroughness continued throughout my treatment.
in Naperville, IL |
Dr Stiff is an amazing physician who was extremely helpful when my best friend had a cancer diagnosis in her family. While he did not treat her, he took his own time to provide information to the family that guided her care and all of this brought the family closer together. Sometimes this does not happen but I feel as my doctor that he focuses mostly on me, the patient, which is very comforting. He is an excellent communicator and makes complicated topics easy to understand using analogies.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Honestly, Dr Stiff was one of the most approachable and caring people I experienced during our families health crisis ... he didn't mind us asking questions in the process, and never spoke down to us like others. He calmed my wife, and instilled confidence in a very stressful part of the situation. He is a very compassionate man .. He had us laughing about his previous career working French Fries at McD's ...
in Naperville, IL |
My son passed away while under Dr. Stiff's care. His lack of communication to family members, and, involvement is diagnosing and, treating my son produced a poor result. Under no circumstances would I recommend Dr. Stiff.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick Stiff, MD?
Are you Dr. Stiff?