Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD

Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 54

Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Vernon, CT. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Hartford Hospital and Mount Sinai Morningside. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Senatus to book an appointment.

Office Hours

closed

Mon

Tue

5 pm
Connect with a call center representative 24/7 to request an appointment.

Patrick B Senatus35 Talcottville Rd Ste 5 Vernon, CT 06066

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Senatus

4.5

13.432835820895523%

Dr. Senatus

This was my second surgery with the dynamic duo there was too much to do in 1 surgery for my age and health. Angel Hands 1 and two are my knick names for Dr. Patrick Senatus and Dr. Sharon Tokarz, She is the only PA I call Dr. as it is deserved. Dr. Senatus is guiding her with his natural Amazing Gift to develop her gift more and more If you are lucky enough to have surgery with Dr. Senatus and Sharon feel blessed I do. He is always smiling and as busy as he is on his way into surgery he popped into my room and big smile with thumbs up while Sharon was in with me. My husband is as fond of both as I am. He worries so much but Sharon called him as soon as they were done and answered every question. Telling him how great it went making him so happy and able to sleep after a long stress filled day. God Bless Doc's
Diana Lee Simmons – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
I don't think you can get much better than Dr. Senatus. He is the real deal. He speared me from having to get a fusion and did a two-level disc replacement instead, while other doctors recommended a fusion. He is a very personable doctor and will take the time to explain thoroughly your prognosis and the way forward.
Terence Lewis – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus performed a C5-6 Cervical decompression and fusion on May 12, 2020. I've never met a more compassionate, caring and knowledgeable doctor before. He has such an incredible bedside manner and answers your questions, he isnt quick to jump to surgery as it's always the last option and his team is excellent as well. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Senatus to my family and friends!
Tracy Sakalis – Jul 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Great Experience! No nerve pain! Knowledgable and skillful surgeon. Thank you.
rutkow – Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
I had a tri-level cervical fusion C-3- C-7 by Dr. Senatus in May 2019. He and his professional staff as well as the office staff are amazing, caring and extremely conscientious. I have had many surgical procedures in my 60 yrs. and Dr. Senatus and Staff gave me the absolute BEST pre- and post-op care (to this day) that I have ever received. I am nearly 5 months post-op and 80% improved! Dr. S and staff are truly a G-dsent after so many years of suffering and negligence by other neurosurgeons. I can’t recommend him highly. Don’t be surprised when he spends an hour with you ... so don’t be surprised to wait an hour for him and don’t fault him for it ... he is worth it and more!!!
  • Long wait times
Jan Perry in Stafford Springs, CT – Oct 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Think he know it all and wasn't really paying attention to my complaint.
Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
After going over the up coming surgery on my back for fusion and decompression. Dr. Senatus left the exam room and closed the door. Within 20 seconds he returned and put his hand on my shoulder. And said, ( oh, I am sorry, your BMI is too high). So, this means that He will not do the surgery. How does he know what my BMI is, when I was not asked to step on a scale? He is not interested in fixing me so I can walk and sit without pain. How can he be so cruel???
Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is an amazing doctor and person. I have been going to him for many different issues for the last ten years. There is nobody better than him. He is brilliant, compassionate, caring, competent beyond measure. He really cares about his patients and has an individual approach. He has only your best interest at heart. He is simply amazing. I would literally fly around the world for his care and expertise if I moved out of CT. Simply, there is no one better to trust.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
EVERYTHING about Dr. Patrick Senatus is A+. Excellent surgeon with top-tiered and state-of-the-art training. I am an avid low-handicap golfer who suffered from spondylolethesis and sciatica. He performed a 2 level spinal fusion on me using a minimally invasive technique. My recovery has been pain-free. X-rays show perfect placement of the plates and screws. He has a genuinely warm and caring bedside manner. Look no further. He has it ALL!!! I cannot say enough good things about him!!!
Lynda Foster in CT – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus one of the most if not the most caring Dr. I know. He takes all the time you need to explain your situation. I have had 2 spinal fusions and one S.I. joint stabilization performed by Dr. Senatus. I can assure you that because of Dr. Senatus's skill and caring I am able to stand and walk straight and sleep thru the night without medications.
Marion Bessette in Mansfield, CT – Nov 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Top notch! Hands down the best surgeon in his field! Not only did he take the time to listen to my problems but he worked out a comprehensive treatment plan that we all agreed was best for me! Had 2 surgeries to finish the procedure(it was a VERY large one) and came out walking and recovered in just a couple weeks! He and his staff are amazing and HIGHLY recommend! Sharon is a lifesaver and clearly her and Dr. Senatus are the perfect pair in the field! Thanks to them both!
Chris Prue in Vernon, CT – Jun 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
My husband had had 2life changing surgeries with Dr Senatus Stephen had lost almost all his ability to walk and had little feeling in his hands and feet. The second surgery was life changing. Within a year My husband has regained his health. After Phisical therapy and a bit of time he is back at his golf , sports, driving , gardening and all other life’s pleasures. Dr Senatus is a fantastic surgeon and an even better friend to his patients The best Dr I’ve ever met!!
Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus & staff are one of the best teams around, I wouldn't trust my care with anyone else!!
BMH in STAFFORD – Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr senatus and sharon tokarz ph did my procedure c5 arthoplasty and c6-7acdf vs c5-6&c6-7 acdf (n/a) they did a fantastic job on My neck they have the bed side manner you want and they're very efficient made sure that I had gotten all my meds I needed they even gave me a hug i highly recommend this office to everyone is so nice and they explain everything until you understand n he's very handsome ;)
Shelley Lewis in Andover CT – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr Senatus implanted a stent in my head to alleviate the symptoms of hydrocephaly He did a superb job! I had to use a wheelchair now I can walk without assistance, no more urinary incontinence! Dr Senatus gave me the best Christmas gift ever THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! Joe Fitgerald
Joseph Fitzgerald in Cheshire Ct – Dec 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
I had been experiencing back pain for many years then it got to the point I could not stand or walk for long periods of time I had to use a cane when I did. First was a cortisone injection which mildly helped. I met with Dr. Senatus & his PA Sharon and it was decided I needed surgery. I was skeptical but let me tell you it was the best thing i could have done. i was walking that evening and had no pain, no meds except ibuprofen. now 6 weeks later i feel like a new person. No Back Pain!!!
Erich Pilatti in South Windsor – Jun 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
I saw Dr. Senatus in August due to acute lower back pain. A myelogram indicated that surgery was not a question of IF, but when. My husband and I met with Sharon Tokarz, his PA. She explained the procedure, how I might feel for the next 2 weeks, and so forth. On December 7, I had a right L4-5 lateral lumbar fusion at Rockville General Hospital in Vernon. I was out of bed that afternoon and home the next morning. I've done so well I can do exercises at home. Dr. Senatus and staff are so awesome.
Kathy S. in Vernon Rockville, CT – Jan 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is a skilled and caring professional. He treated me for spinal stenosis through a complex surgical procedure that has significantly improved my quality of life. I would go to him again if I ever had another back issues and highly recommend him to family and friends. Further, his staff, especially is APRN, Sharon, are exceptional!
Scott B. in Willington, CT – Aug 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is the best doctor I have ever been to. He preformed surgery on my neck it was probably one of the most complicated operation he does. Had six disc removed and replaced with titanium rods and screw. The surgery was very complicated many doctors at Yale. The surgery was a success. He is one of the most caring Doctors I have ever had. Even gave me a hug afterwards a few days later. He is a wonderful person as well as a excellent doctor.
Ronald C. Rock in Hampton, CT – Jul 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is a fantastic doctor. He has an excellent, pleasant, caring bedside manner, and is very honest, open, and understanding about patient concerns and exploring different treatment options. As a surgeon, he is first class. After 1.5 years of conservative therapies, we agreed on anterior cervical discectomy fusion at C5-C7 levels. The procedure was a success, and the chronic pain I've been managing for 5 years VANISHED. Now I'm recovering well, and getting back to my life. he's THE BEST!
Patrick C in Brooklyn, NY – May 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Senatus?

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Senatus' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Senatus' Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Senatus treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Senatus treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Radiculopathy
  • Facet Fusion
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Interlaminar Spacer
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Dr. Senatus accepts

Dr. Senatus accepts the following insurance:

Select
Medicaid
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

As a neurosurgeon, I employ a personalized centered approach substantiated by evidence-based- medicine that prioritizes optimum functional outcome and...Read more

Dr. Senatus is a board certified Neurosurgeon with extensive experience in minimally invasive and restorative spine surgery. He has lectured nationally...Read more

• Neurosurgery