Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD

Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1999 and specializes in neurosurgery, neurological skull base surgery, and more.Read his story

800 5th Ave Ste 402

Dr. Senatus' Top Procedures and Conditions

Low Back Pain

Dr. Senatus treats Low Back Pain more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Senatus treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high

Dr. Senatus treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Senatus treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Radiculopathy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

As a neurosurgeon, I employ a personalized centered approach substantiated by evidence-based- medicine that prioritizes optimum functional outcome and well-being. Each consultation begins with a comprehensive evaluation designed to create an individu...

• Neurosurgery

4.5

Dr. Senatus?
Dr. Senatus' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD
After going over the up coming surgery on my back for fusion and decompression. Dr. Senatus left the exam room and closed the door. Within 20 seconds he returned and put his hand on my shoulder. And said, ( oh, I am sorry, your BMI is too high). So, this means that He will not do the surgery. How does he know what my BMI is, when I was not asked to step on a scale? He is not interested in fixing me so I can walk and sit without pain. How can he be so cruel???
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is an amazing doctor and person. I have been going to him for many different issues for the last ten years. There is nobody better than him. He is brilliant, compassionate, caring, competent beyond measure. He really cares about his patients and has an individual approach. He has only your best interest at heart. He is simply amazing. I would literally fly around the world for his care and expertise if I moved out of CT. Simply, there is no one better to trust.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is absolutely the best Dr. I have seen and that’s saying a lot. He is kind and confident with a genius intelligence. After 6 years and dozens of surgeons, Dr. S. found what was wrong with my neck and back with precise diagnoses. Highly recommend for neck and back issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
EVERYTHING about Dr. Patrick Senatus is A+. Excellent surgeon with top-tiered and state-of-the-art training. I am an avid low-handicap golfer who suffered from spondylolethesis and sciatica. He performed a 2 level spinal fusion on me using a minimally invasive technique. My recovery has been pain-free. X-rays show perfect placement of the plates and screws. He has a genuinely warm and caring bedside manner. Look no further. He has it ALL!!! I cannot say enough good things about him!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus one of the most if not the most caring Dr. I know. He takes all the time you need to explain your situation. I have had 2 spinal fusions and one S.I. joint stabilization performed by Dr. Senatus. I can assure you that because of Dr. Senatus's skill and caring I am able to stand and walk straight and sleep thru the night without medications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Very busy but so talented. I would barely say I met him. The girl who scheduled surgery would threaten to make my surgery another year. She told me to call my Ins. so I did they said that is the girl who called yesterday who asked who to file a grievance. I waited aprox. 1 1/4 yrs. But worth every minute for the skill of both Sharon Tokar and Patrick Senatus MD.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Top notch! Hands down the best surgeon in his field! Not only did he take the time to listen to my problems but he worked out a comprehensive treatment plan that we all agreed was best for me! Had 2 surgeries to finish the procedure(it was a VERY large one) and came out walking and recovered in just a couple weeks! He and his staff are amazing and HIGHLY recommend! Sharon is a lifesaver and clearly her and Dr. Senatus are the perfect pair in the field! Thanks to them both!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
My husband had had 2life changing surgeries with Dr Senatus Stephen had lost almost all his ability to walk and had little feeling in his hands and feet. The second surgery was life changing. Within a year My husband has regained his health. After Phisical therapy and a bit of time he is back at his golf , sports, driving , gardening and all other life’s pleasures. Dr Senatus is a fantastic surgeon and an even better friend to his patients The best Dr I’ve ever met!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus & staff are one of the best teams around, I wouldn't trust my care with anyone else!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr senatus and sharon tokarz ph did my procedure c5 arthoplasty and c6-7acdf vs c5-6&c6-7 acdf (n/a) they did a fantastic job on My neck they have the bed side manner you want and they're very efficient made sure that I had gotten all my meds I needed they even gave me a hug i highly recommend this office to everyone is so nice and they explain everything until you understand n he's very handsome ;)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr Senatus implanted a stent in my head to alleviate the symptoms of hydrocephaly He did a superb job! I had to use a wheelchair now I can walk without assistance, no more urinary incontinence! Dr Senatus gave me the best Christmas gift ever THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! Joe Fitgerald
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
I had been experiencing back pain for many years then it got to the point I could not stand or walk for long periods of time I had to use a cane when I did. First was a cortisone injection which mildly helped. I met with Dr. Senatus & his PA Sharon and it was decided I needed surgery. I was skeptical but let me tell you it was the best thing i could have done. i was walking that evening and had no pain, no meds except ibuprofen. now 6 weeks later i feel like a new person. No Back Pain!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
I saw Dr. Senatus in August due to acute lower back pain. A myelogram indicated that surgery was not a question of IF, but when. My husband and I met with Sharon Tokarz, his PA. She explained the procedure, how I might feel for the next 2 weeks, and so forth. On December 7, I had a right L4-5 lateral lumbar fusion at Rockville General Hospital in Vernon. I was out of bed that afternoon and home the next morning. I've done so well I can do exercises at home. Dr. Senatus and staff are so awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is a skilled and caring professional. He treated me for spinal stenosis through a complex surgical procedure that has significantly improved my quality of life. I would go to him again if I ever had another back issues and highly recommend him to family and friends. Further, his staff, especially is APRN, Sharon, are exceptional!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is the best doctor I have ever been to. He preformed surgery on my neck it was probably one of the most complicated operation he does. Had six disc removed and replaced with titanium rods and screw. The surgery was very complicated many doctors at Yale. The surgery was a success. He is one of the most caring Doctors I have ever had. Even gave me a hug afterwards a few days later. He is a wonderful person as well as a excellent doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?
Dr. Senatus is a fantastic doctor. He has an excellent, pleasant, caring bedside manner, and is very honest, open, and understanding about patient concerns and exploring different treatment options. As a surgeon, he is first class. After 1.5 years of conservative therapies, we agreed on anterior cervical discectomy fusion at C5-C7 levels. The procedure was a success, and the chronic pain I've been managing for 5 years VANISHED. Now I'm recovering well, and getting back to my life. he's THE BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Senatus, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Senatus?

Patrick B Senatus