Dr. Patrick A. Ruwe, MD

Dr. Patrick A. Ruwe, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists 450 Boston Post Rd, Guilford, CT 06437 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Ruwe specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Guilford, CT. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Ruwe? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Ruwe's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Ruwe's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ruwe

Dr. Ruwe accepts 19 insurance carriers

19 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Ruwe has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Ruwe

Dr. Ruwe's Review Details
3.2 based on 29 responses
Experience with Dr. Ruwe
Dr. Ruwe's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (20)
Branford, CT |
Dr.Ruwe operated on one knee a few years ago; not a good experience. If you are an educated consumer and have questions, stay away. He doesn't like to answer questions (he is the Dr., you are the uneducated patient kind of attitude), and he is extremely rigid as to his post-op pain protocol (I had severe pain the second post-op pm and he was not at all responsive to this). I changed Dr's very quickly post-op. I just had the same surgery on the other knee by another Dr.- totally diff. experience.
New York, NYfguilford ct |
Did not understand the depth of my pain.cirtizone injection nor oxycodeine helped, so he was too quick to want me to see a colleague for knee replacement, without even having an MRI.
in Madison, Ct |
A wonderful experience, beginning with Kathy the receptionist,,the gal that did the x-rays, and last but not least, Dr.Ruwe..He was so kind, compassionate and professional..A true gentleman, who took the time to listen to me..I would highly recommend him, and will continue to use him..
in Northford, CT |
I would recommend Dr. Ruwe to all who ask me and even if they don't ask me. I had the very best, courteous, and professional treatment from Dr. Ruwe and every single person in his office and in his operating room. I would recommend this practice to everyone. What a delightful group to deal with. I would be remiss if I also don't give kudos to your Physical Therapy department, especially Meaghan. Again thanks to all for getting me through it all. Sincerely, Sherry Ardine
in Hamden, CT |
Dr. Ruwe is an excellent surgeon. A few years ago he fixed my husbands ACL, so when I was having knee trouble this year I went right to him. Just listening to my symptoms Dr. Ruwe was able to diagnose me with a torn meniscus. After an MRI confirmed Dr. Ruwe's assumptions, I had to have surgery. Not only was Dr. Ruwe calming and comforting on the day of surgery, the staff at the surgical center went above and beyond my expectations. I'm now 7 weeks post op and feeling great! Dr Ruwe is the best
West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Ruwe has been caring for my knee to keep me playing tennis despite my arthritis. His treatment plan has allowed me to stay active with minimal pain. He has been patient, caring and supportive to me through my recovery process. He told me why the injury mechanically occurred and what I can do to avoid future injury. His direct office team got me in quickly for MRI and appointments. You can't go wrong choosing Dr. Ruwe if you have an orthopaedic injury.
in Madison |
Dr. Ruwe has taken care of my family for many years. He is patient and compassionate with my elderly parents, reassuring and tuned in with my teenaged son. My son made the varsity basketball team only because of Pat's care and guidance through a tough injury just before tryouts. He is a gifted diagnostician and surgeon, and-- above all-- a kind, open, generous guy.
in Branford Connecticurmt |
He is an Awesome Orthopedic Doctor. Anyone I know who has gone to Dr. Ruwe, feels the same way! He is professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate. I am always recommending him. I believe he is one of the Best in the New Haven area. We are lucky to have him!
in Branford, CT |
Both myself and my son have been patients of Dr. Ruwe, He always took us in right away and took great care of my shoulder and my son with his many hockey injuries during youth hockey.
I had a great experience with Dr. Ruwe. He is kind and very knowledgable. His staff is amazing.
in Guilford, CT |
Dr. Ruwe was always thorough in his exams and questions. I never felt I was imposing on his time and expertise. He has a great bedside manner. I've referred him to many friends.
in Branford, CT |
Conservative approach very detailed excellent followup with great results
Branford, CT |
Dr. Ruwe quickly and accurately diagnosed by problem. I had an MRI quickly after my office visit. His excellent office staff quickly set up surgery and follow up PT. I was very impressed with his knowledge and bedside manner. I have recommended Dr. Ruwe to all of my friends who need orthopedic care.
Have you seen Dr. Ruwe?
Are you Dr. Ruwe? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Ruwe

• Ataxia
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Sprain
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Yale University

Graduated in 1987

Yale
    Yale
    Kerlan Jobe Orth Clin

Dr. Ruwe has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Ruwe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ruwe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Ruwe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Ruwe

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Ruwe's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Ruwe

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients