Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ·  Male · Age 64

Dr. Ronan

Orthopedic Associates of Michigan

1111 Leffingwell Ave NE Ste 100 Grand Rapids, MI 49525

Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in Grand Rapids, MI and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1989 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation.

Dr. Ronan accepts

Dr. Ronan accepts the following insurance:

Priority Health
Priority PPO
Spectrum Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Ronan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Muscle Strain

2.3

Dr. Ronan?
Dr. Ronan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD
I had gone online to pre-register for my first appointment. I arrived about 15 minutes before it and was in Dr Ronan’s office at the appointment time. Dr Ronan listened to me, did X-rays and referred me to a surgeon. Exactly what I wanted to happen. He took time with me and was very personable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
Very efficient practice and warm, friendly doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
Excellent in all professionalism.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
Dr. Ronan is easy to understand while explaining your problems. He does not seem to hurry you and listens to what you have to say.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
Dr Ronan was friendly and took time to explain my condition and recommendations. He did not make me feel rushed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I went to this "doctor" because of a shoulder problem from a car accident. Since it is soft tissue that is hurting you would think he would look at the cat scan results. Nope, only looked at the xrays. Yeah, real competence and concern for the patient, he wanted to do nothing but be the one who talked, constant interrupting, completely self absorbed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I had my first appointment with Dr. Ronan, he was very friendly and very helpful, I highly recommend Dr. Ronan
Phenomenal doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I would never recommend him to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I saw this physician for testing He was professional and easy to talk to. He explained the test in detail and the reuse;ts when he was finished.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
By second visit it was apparent that this Doctor was completely self absorbed. Listening skills were non existent. His concern for elderly in pain was minimal. He threatened to remove pain meds-saying we were lucky to have them? My parent suffered under his care. No wonder he has such bad reviews. I wish I had read them before .He was an argumentative, demeaning , unempathetic practicioner. I wouldnt take my dog to see him. I will not leave my name as He appears to me to be a mean spirited soul.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I saw Dr Ronan for sudden severe upper back pain and numbness down my left arm. He spends less than 5 min with me per appt. On multiple occasions I have had results called to me by his MA and have been told I would have to make an appt to discuss anything with the physician. I also had to pay for an appt to discuss FMLA paperwork, I was then told I had to pay a fee to have it filled out, he then sent it to my employer saying I was fine to work. This man is in it for the money, not the patients
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I was sent to Dr Ronan by my primary care physician because on Medicare you have to see a physiatrist for certain issues. Instead of sending me to a surgeon which he should have done he sent me for a new therapy that has no level of efficacy reporting. It would have eaten up all of my medicare premium in less than one week and cost me thousands in out of pocket which clearly I don't have because I'm on medicare. There are other doctors in that practice. 3 doctors, 2 pain dr called him an idiot.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I saw Dr. Ronan for chronic hip pain. After a 10 minute visit he said it was tendonitis and ordered 8 weeks of PT. No improvement upon follow up. He ordered an MRI Arthrogram because he thinks it could be a labral tear. 15 days later, his assistant calls to schedule a cortisone injection because there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with me except that I'm in agonizing pain. I declined and sought a second opinion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
NO chance we would recommend this dr to anyone! OR the incompetent family dr who referred my husband to him! He has severe knee pain (not from an injury) and has been at a #10 pain level for WEEKS while we wait for one of the drs to offer him relief. I'm pretty sure he's thinking about cutting off his own leg!! It's been 10 days since his MRI and we still don't have results from that test. Now they say they've referred him to a surgeon, but who that might be is apparently a secret! Steer clear!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I've never once left a review, but after my apt with him I had to. I got injured at work and went through some PT and then my case was closed. I had it reopened because I was having leg numbness and tingling as well as the same back pain. I drove an hour to have him tell me it wasn't sciatic related, which is ridiculous! I work in healthcare and I know it is. He refused to do an MRI. He workers for insurance companies not the pt. It was the worst experience I have ever had with a dr. Hes a joke
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
Hey everyone! We know this Doctor took an oath for the patient & NOT the insurance company Did you know you can file a Complaint on him with the State of Michigan !! Yes, you can :) I am Today! Time to get unethical doctors Removed from practicing Hope this helps your case
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I was seen by Dr Ronan two years for hip pain. He 'assumed' then I had bursitis, prescribed a medication to take as needed. If pain worsened to come back for a shot of cortisone. I went back to get that shot (luckily that didn't happen). He took x-rays, said it looked like tendonitis to do PT for 8 times. My first visit at PT she said it wasn't tendonitis, it seemed more like bone. I went to another 'surgeon', need a hip replacement. Ronan, not a surgeon, doesn't do hips.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
I actually know the dweeb from two points of view....as a patience via referral and as a IME appointment. As patient, he was slightly below average. (Please note I was in the Spine device field so I have enough experience to make a weighted rating) As far as the IME, it is well understood in the medical community and appears to be in insurance field that the good doctor has NO problem forgetting his oath to "Do no harm" he is all about who is paying the bill. BRING A RECORDER TO YOUR APPT
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?
My insurance co. sent me to him for a second opinion. After a 15 minute evaluation, he wrote a report for the insurance company saying that I had reached preaccident status so no longer need any type of treatment. I have been treated by a skeletalneuromuscular specialist for the last three years as well as a neurosugeon for symptoms resulting from a car accident that have not been resolved but with therapy makes pain manageable. My doctor filed an appeal and letter of disagreement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patrick Ronan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ronan?

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation