Dr. Patrick Risch, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

The Eye Center 594 E Millsap Rd Fayetteville, AR 72703 Get Directions
Dr. Patrick Risch, MD
Dr. Patrick Risch, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Fayetteville, AR. He is 32 years old and has been practicing for 6 years. Dr. Risch is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center - Springdale and Washington Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Risch's Care Philosophy

Dr. Patrick Risch was raised in Muskogee, Oklahoma, where his parents still live. He has four siblings, all of whom are proud Razorbacks. He may be the only Sooner, but he knows how to call the Hogs and he is happy to call Fayetteville his home. As a youth, much of his free time was spent following his father at his Veterinary medicine practice. This is what initially piqued his interest in medicine. In high school he achieved the rank of Eagle Scout and graduated valedictorian. He attended the University of Oklahoma on a National Merit Scholarship where he graduated summa cum laude and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his Medical degree from the University of Oklahoma and was elected to the Gold Humanism Honor Society. He spent one year in Connecticut while completing his internship at Saint Raphael's Hospital. Dr. Risch then matriculated to the University of Tennessee where he completed his residency in Ophthalmology at the Hamilton Eye Institute in Memphis. Witnessing the impact of vision restoration by cataract surgery is what inspired Dr. Risch to become an Ophthalmologist. He specializes in cataract extraction and anterior segment surgery. In addition to cataract surgery, Dr. Risch is passionate about treating disease of the retina, including diabetic retinopathy and age related macular degeneration. His enthusiasm for treating complex medical diseases of the retina was instilled in him during his residency when he studied under the tutelage of renowned Vitreoretinal surgeon Dr. Steve Charles. While training in Memphis he was exposed to a population with high rates of advanced glaucoma. Dr. Risch is committed to building a close working relationship with patients afflicted with chronic conditions, such as glaucoma and macular degeneration, in order to prevent vision loss. Dr. Risch understands the changing needs of the cataract patient population. People are staying active much longer and have desires for decreased dependence on glasses or contacts. Dr. Risch meets the needs of his cataract patients with modern techniques such as the implantation of Advanced Technology Intraocular lenses.

Dr. Risch's Experience

See how Dr. Risch's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Risch

Dr. Risch accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Risch is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Risch has admitting privileges.

Dr. Risch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Risch to family and friends
Dr. Risch's Performance
in Springdale, AR |
A very nice Doctor who does great work. Very pleased with him
in Fayetteville, AR |
My experience with Dr Risch was excellent. He is young but do not hold that against him, he is up on the latest medical techniques, and is very skilled at his work.. His manner is warm, cheerful, reassuring, and above all professional. I felt that he was very honest with me and was not trying to sell something that I wouldn't benefit from. I would recommend him to anyone with an eye problem.
in Huhntsville Ark. |
Dr Patrick W.Risch is one of the most wonderful Dr.s I have ever met . He will greet you with a warm smile and a hand shake . He has a very caring heart for his patients. I COULD NOT SEE TO DRIVE OR DO MUCH OF ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL HE DID MY S]URGERY . Now I feel ,like a new woman I would recommend Dr. Risch to anyone needing surgery. He is the best. He is such a warm and caring person. If you need cataract surgery go see him at the Eye Center in Fayetteville Ark.
in Huntsville, AR |
Dr. Risch from The Eye Center performed my cataract removal and lens placement and did an excellent job. He and the office staff were very professional and friendly from the first time I went in for my referral to all my follow up appointments. I had a considerable anxiety for the surgery do to the fact that my mom had went blind at a very young age and Dr. Risch assured me that there had been much improvement in eye surgery and he felt confident that he could restore my vision. I am very happy!
Fayetteville, AR |
While he is a busy doctor, Dr. Risch listens to questions and answers fully. He explains well, as does his staff, and I always come away knowing more about my condition and about my eyes in general.
in Cave Springs, AR |
I was a little concerned about cataract surgery at first. Dr. Risch put me at ease at the very first. He explained the whole procedure including the risks involved. Due to my condition, I chose toric lenses to replace the ones with cataracts. He told he was shooting for 20/20 in each eye. After my right eye was done, it was 20/20. At the first followup after the left eye was done, he told me we hit a home run. 20/20 in both eyes and could see some letters on the 20/15 line.
in Springdale, AR |
Dr Risch performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. My eyes were a little more complicated than some. I had Lasik about 20 years ago to correct extreme myopia ( -10 correction) and my eyes had progressively gotten worse over the years ( -9 & -5 correction). 3 months post op I am near 20/25 vision in one eye and 20/30 in the other. This is the best my eyes have been without correction since I was 12 years old. If you have a complex cataract problem Dr. Risch is who I would recommend.
in Farmington, AR |
I was anxious about needing cataract surgery, but after my first visit with Dr Risch, I knew it was the right procedure for me, and more importantly, that he was the right surgeon. He is confident in his skills, but not in a cocky or egotistical way. He answered all my questions and never made me feel stupid for asking. I highly recommend Dr Risch for any vision issues. You'll have a great experience with him and all the staff at the Eye Center.
in Eureka Springs, AR |
My recent cataract surgeries have been life changing! i credit the expertise of Dr. Patrick Risch for the ability to see again. I was apprehensive at first because I lost vision in the center of my right eye after laser surgery. Dr. Risch explained in detail the procedures of the surgery. I found his professional attention to my concerns calming. He listens. I highly recommend Dr. Patrick Risch to anyone considering cataract surgery. Thank you so much.
Rogers, AR |
Very competent. Thoroughly answers any questions. Extremely personable.
in Springdale, AR |
Dr. Risch was very easy to speak with, explained my condition and what to expect with the cataract surgery thoroughly....very professional and kind. His staff set up everything with the outpatient surgery center and all of the appointments I would need before and after the surgery. I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Risch and his staff and would highly recommend him.
in Fayetteville, AR |
I have been very pleased with my cataract surgery and the care I have received before, during, and after surgery. Dr. Risch is personable and attentive, always explains things carefully and thoroughly, and encourages questions as needed, including once when I had a question/concern after hours. I have been going to The Eye Center for many years and have always been totally satisfied with the competence and concern shown by all members of the staff.
in Huntsville, AR |
Dr Risch is a kind and caring doctor. I felt very comfortable trusting my eyes to his care. I had removal of cataracts on both eyes with intraocular implants. I am seeing better than I have in years. I would highly recommend him to anyone with eye problems.
in Fayetteville, AR |
Dr. Risch is a very professional doctor with a warm personality and explains your situation very well. I had cataract surgery with multifocal lens implanted. It is amazing how they work. I can see to read and see my computer without my glasses. I can even put that two pound test fishing line through the eye of a 1/16th jig without glasses, could not be happier with Dr. Risch and the office staff. All very caring and attentive.
in Springdale, AR |
Dr. Risch did my cataract surgery and implanted toric lens. I went from being extremely visually impaired to 20/25 in both eyes the day after surgery. He is kind, caring and takes the time to fully answer all questions. The staff at The Eye Center all work seamlessly to make your time there as pleasant and easy as possible.
in Fayetteville, AR |
Dr. Risch is very professional yet most personable. He, his advanced education, and his up to date expertise inspire confidence. My corrective lens options after cataract removal were explained throughly. While Dr. Risch is cautious not to over promise and under deliver, I am extremely pleased with my results.
in Fayetteville, AR |
I would recommend Patrick Risch because of his respect for me as a patient, his warm and friendly bed-side manner and his sense of humor. He is very human, down to earth and patient, willing to explain in depth whatever the patient needs. He obviously enjoys his work and is dedicated to giving quality care.
in Rogers AR |
Dr. Risch is an excellent Doctor. I was very pleased with the outcome of my cataract surgeries. A+ rating. Don't be fooled by his youth. He is an amazing Doctor.
in Fayetteville, AR |
Excellent doctor. He explained everything to me from diagnosis through pre-op, surgery, and post op. Very personable and kind. Great staff too.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick Risch, MD?
Are you Dr. Risch?

Compare Dr. Risch

Dr. Risch's Care Philosophy

Dr. Patrick Risch was raised in Muskogee, Oklahoma, where his parents still live. He has four siblings, all of whom are proud Razorbacks. He may be the only Sooner, but he knows how to call the Hogs and he is happy to call Fayetteville his home. As a youth, much of his free time was spent following his father at his Veterinary medicine practice. This is what initially piqued his interest in medicine.

Dr. Risch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arkansas not available

Dr. Risch has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arkansas.

Why It Matters: Dr. Risch's Board Certifications

Ut Hamilton Eye Inst

Completed in 2015

University Of Oklahoma

Graduated in 2007

Dr. Risch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Risch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology