Dr. Patrick O'Neill, MD

Dr. Patrick O'Neill, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Patrick O'Neill, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. Dr. O'Neill is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital and Doctors Hospital of Sarasota.

6050 Cattleridge Blvd Ste 301

Sarasota, FL 34232

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. O'Neill

See how frequently Dr. O'Neill performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle Sprains and Strains
Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
Achilles Tendinitis

Dr. O'Neill's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. O'Neill "Patient care is our highest priority. Whether it is through our new state-of-the-art facility, our broad range of orthopaedic specialties, or our caring staff, we are confident that you will feel at home at our office. You may be from around the corner or halfway around the world, as our patients are truly international and come here to Sarasota for world-class orthopaedic care. We are dedicated to the treatment of all your orthopaedic needs. Our goal is to improve your level of health with our comprehensive evaluation and expert care."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • X-Ray

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. O'Neill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Neill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Neill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. O'Neill's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Neill to family and friends
2.9
Dr. O'Neill's Performance
    GOOD
Inconsiderate doctor, misdiagnosed me, wasted my time/ money. I would never recommend him to anyone!! I went to him numerous times and all I received was a callous attitude. NEVER RETURNING HERE EVER!!
in Venice, FL |
I found Dr Patrick O’Neill to be a very caring, informative doctor and an excellent surgeon.
in Sarasota, FL |
It was a pleasure to meet Dr. O'Neill - a true professional. He had a very friendly demeanor and most definitely is a first rate and first class orthopedic surgeon. During our visit, he took the time to explain the injury and what type of method was best for treatment and a successful recovery. His knowledge about foot and ankle trauma were reassuring and comforting to hear. This is the type of specialist and surgeon that everyone wishes they had. I am lucky to have found him!!!
Sarasota, FL |
Please, whatever you do not make an appointment with Dr. O'Neill. He is the only surgeon I have ever met who has the absolute worst bedside manner! He has a narcissistic attitude nonetheless. Wait time was long. Did absolutely nothing for treating my foot.
Sarasota, FL |
I am surprised to see the negative comments here. Dr O'Neill was extremely pleasant, attentive and patient, and explained things very well. I have a somewhat complicated situation and he was very respectful in listening to my recitation of my history and my perspective on the current problem. His staff was very pleasant and respectful. I can't recommend him more highly.
I unfortunately was referred to Dr. O'Neill by my insurance. He was very rude, and short with me. If I had a question about my injury, he would respond in a demeaning tone, and I felt he was very disinterested in me as a patient. I get anxiety going to the Dr, and he made it quite worse for me. Dr. O'Neill is absolutely horrible, he should be aware how he treats his patients. I would not recommend him to anyone.
Wimauma, FL |
WOW! What a disaster!! Waited over 45 minutes, I had the 1st appointment after lunch, so I figured the appointment would be fairly quickly..WRONG! The entire time he was in the exam room, the door was opened, his tone was very degrading, didn't care I was in pain, never looked at the x-ray from urgent care, I was told I most likely had a fracture, he just said ice and elevate. Went to another Dr and I most definitely had a fracture, now im on crutches and a cast. What a waste of time and money.
Wimauma, FL |
Very disinterested in me as a patient, he did not seem to care. What a waste of my time....only waited 50 minutes in the exam room...i had an 815am appt. I will be looking for another Dr.
in Palmetto, FL |
I had a previous bunionectomy on my right foot, that was not very satisfactory, at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Tremendous pain and swelling, use of hardware, and a long recovery time. We moved to FL and Dr. O'Neill performed a bunionectomy on my left foot. He used a totally different procedure. There was minimal pain and swelling, no hardware, and a shorter recovery period. I was amazed. The results were so much better and it is a joy to see my foot with straight toes and no signs of a bunion.
Bradenton, FL |
He has the worst bedside manner ever!! Reading some of the reviews about him, I 100% agree with other people. Go to Sarasota Orthopedic Associates!!
Bradenton, FL |
Never met a doctor more disinterested in me as a patient. No examination, few questions, cursory responses to my questions. Had recent x rays from previous doctor. He complained that they were poor quality but had no interest in taking new x rays.
Sarasota, FL |
My first visit with Dr O'Neill was one of reassurance, compassion and explanation of what was going on with my ankle. Dr O'Neill is warm, caring easy to talk with Dr. He listens to your questions. I need felt rushed.
in Sarasota, FL |
Wow. The personable & caring physician I had seen in 2 prior office visits morphed into a brusque & rude person once I was in the preop area of the same day surgery center. He appeared in front of my stretcher a few minutes before the scheduled procedure & was angry & uncommunicative. Things only went downhill from there. As a retired health care professional, I thought I was used to temperamental personalities but I was already prepped & vulnerable, unable to deal with this in avproductive way
in ARCADIA, FL |
Dr. O'Neill preformed hammertoe surgery for me on 5 toes at the same time. The surgery went so well, and while it is a very painful surgery, the pain was controlled as well as possible with my pain medication. He impressed me with his knowledge and the outcome is amazing. I appreciate him and his office personnel professionalism and kindness and would, and do give his name to others who are in need of a top notch Podiatrist. Thank you Dr. O'Neill. Margie Turner
in Sarasota, Florida |
I wish there were more doctors like Dr. O'Neal. He diagnosed my problem accurately, explained patiently what the treatment was and showed me how to dress my foot. I never felt rushed and he was very kind and caring. I have complete faith in his medical expertise and would highly recommend him to anyone,
in Holmes Beach, FL |
After seeing other Drs. who did not help me overcome terrible heel pain, Dr. O'Neill correctly diagnosed it as an Achilles tendon problem that could be corrected by surgical lengthening. Dr. O'Neill explained the process and recovery time accurately. I followed Drs. orders to the letter and am now completely foot-pain free. I can count Drs. I would recommend on one hand, but Dr. O'Neill is one of them.
in Sarasota, FL |
I found Dr. O'Neill to be very personable and still professional. He saved me from unnecessary surgery and I cannot thank him enough for catching an incorrect diagnosis by a different doctor. As for whatever bad reviews are on here, I truly don't understand. I'm not sure what the hype was supposed to be, but as far as I'm concerned he lived up to the very good reputation he has around town.
in Longboat Key, Fl |
I feel that Dr. O'Neill saved my foot. I had elective metatarsal and bunion surgery followed by a second surgery for debridement due to infection. The wound would not heal. I went to Dr. O,Neill for a second opinion. I immediately had a 3rd surgery and began IV infusions via a Pic line for a bone infection. Three months later my wound is healed, no infection and I know with Dr. O,Neill as my doctor I will handle the future outcome.
in Venice, FL |
I accompanied my 83 year old mother to this appointment. She has terrible pain on the bottom of her feet and swelling in her ankles. Dr. O'Neill offered no explanation for either the pain or swelling. He also said he had no time for an anatomy lesson when we asked about a possible operation for tarsal tunnel syndrome, which was the diagnosis from the neurologist. When we gave him the report from the nerve conduction studies and he said, I don't know how to read this.
Sarasota, FL |
Nightmare to deal with the staff was unable to tell me what an office visit costs. Really, after giving them insurance info days prior. Then a nasty surprise bill weeks later with a charge for a service I never used, which they then made me write a letter to take off the bill. Now you know why our health insurance costs so much. I went to 2 other doctors after this one and neither agreed with his diagnosis. My advice go see someone else.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. O'Neill is a caring physician; he took the time to explain my fracture situation, and the options available to me. Without question, my opinion mattered, and he sincerely cared that I was comfortable.
Sarasota, FL |
Lots of hype, but he doesn't deliver.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick O'Neill, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Neill?

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HealthPartners
    Select HMO
    Tampa Bay CoreNet
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance