Dr. Patrick Olson, MD

Dr. Patrick Olson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Patrick Olson, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Park City, UT and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from University Of Utah School Of Medicine in 2005 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic hand surgery, and more.Read his story

900 Round Valley Dr Ste 100

Park City, UT 84060

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Olson

See how frequently Dr. Olson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

De Quervain's Release
Ganglion Cyst
high
Elbow Injuries
high

Dr. Olson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Olson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Olson "I am originally from Utah. I went to medical school at the University of Utah School of Medicine, then completed my residency in orthopedic surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Orthopedic Surgery Residency program in New Hampshire, followed by a Fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at Columbia University Medical Center's Fellowship in New York City. I also have a strong interest in public health and preventive medicine; I studied and achieved a Master's of Science in Health Care Leadership from Dartmouth and a Master's of Public Health from the University of Utah. My orthopedic practice is in surgical and non-surgical management of conditions of the hand, wrist, forearm, and elbow. Additionally, I have several years of training in general orthopedic trauma which is essential considering the active populations in the Park City and Heber Valleys as well as the Wasatch Mountains. My wife Emily and I have 4 incredible children. Besides time with my family, I love nutrition, outdoor sports, and exercise."

This content was provided by Dr. Olson "There are clearly some injuries and conditions that are best treated with surgery.  I love to use my hands to help heal people.  Several years of surgical training back east at Dartmouth and Columbia have helped me develop this essential skill set to help others through surgical techniques.  Having said this, there are other conditions which are best treated with a more holistic perspective in which good nutrition and lifestyle factors make the most difference.  Unfortunately, our whole health care model is set up for an intervention approach rather than a prevention approach.  We have also become so subspecialized in specific areas of the body that we neglect seeing and treating the whole patient.  My training in public health and preventive medicine has helped me with this perspective.  Ultimately, it's the body that heals itself.  I see myself as a guide for healing."

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
  • Microsurgery
  • Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Dr. Olson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Simple Fracture Care and Casting
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Columbia University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Olson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Olson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Olson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Olson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Olson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Olson to family and friends

Dr. Olson's Performance

Dr. Olson and his entire staff were amazing and I cannot say enough about their quality of care. I broke my leg skiing at Deer Valley and was in excruciating pain. They took me in for surgery and Dr. Olson did an amazing job! The staff were all super sweet and understood what I was going through...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Olson was very professional , my hand surgery went great , comunication was allways very sincere and available. Dr Olson has been in touch after surgery to see how my hand recovery is going even do that I´m in an other country. I highly recommend Dr Olson.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would highly recommend Dr. Olson and his staff. They provide exceptional care and a high level of professionalism.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I’d definitely recommend Dr Olson to family and friends. I visited Dr Olson for a second opinion after a different doctor told me my finger needed to be amputated. I was treated by Dr Olson and still have the finger.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Super friendly and caring. Takes time to explain everything in detail.
Are you Dr. Olson?