Dr. Patrick McDaid, MD

Dr. Patrick McDaid, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  ·

Dr. Patrick McDaid, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery specialist in Allentown, PA. He specializes in orthopedic hand surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

OAA Orthopaedic Specialists

250 Cetronia Rd Fl 2

Allentown, PA 18104

• Capital Blue Cross
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. McDaid

See how frequently Dr. McDaid performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Neuroplasty
Osteoarthritis of Hands

Dr. McDaid's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. McDaid's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McDaid "Why I Entered Medicine In high school I was drawn to the sciences and thoroughly enjoyed classes like biology and anatomy & physiology. As time progressed, I became more and more interested in learning how our bodies work. I considered other careers related to health such as physical therapy and exercise physiology, but the scope of practice is what drew me to a career in medicine. Going into medical school I had every intention of becoming a family medicine physician. However, during my clinical rotations I found myself gravitating toward orthopaedic cases. I eventually decided to pursue a residency in orthopaedics. During my orthopaedic residency I specialized in hand surgery because of the variety and complexity of hand and upper extremity injuries and conditions. Community and Charity Involvement I enjoy being an active community participant by volunteering at area medical clinics, speaking at medical conferences, and being involved at local schools. I firmly believe that being personally invested in my community greatly enhances the care I provide. I serve as a school board member for the St. Thomas More School in Allentown, and I also volunteer as a coach for local youth athletics programs. Personal Interests Outside of the office and operating room, I enjoy spending time with my wife and three sons. I also enjoy skiing, fishing, and traveling. My other interests include American History, Philadelphia sports, and the Jersey Shore."

This content was provided by Dr. McDaid "Philosophy of Care

My practice focuses on the nonsurgical and surgical treatment of conditions and injuries specific to the hand and upper extremities. I appreciate the vital role I can play in my patients' lives and understand the importance of helping them return to their daily activities and hobbies. I try to make sure all of my patients have a thorough understanding of their specific condition and their available treatment options.

The best part about working with my patients is the opportunity I have to get to know them on a personal level. Professionally, this helps me know what my patients hope to gain from their treatment. I take pride in connecting with my patients rather than just treating their medical conditions."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• LaSalle University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Frank Hammond Sivitz Memorial Award, 2000
  • Jacqueline Perry Resident Research Award, 1998
  • Louis B. Shatz Memorial Award, 1999

Dr. McDaid has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McDaid does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McDaid and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McDaid's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McDaid to family and friends

Dr. McDaid's Performance

Dr. McDaid is the ONLY physician I would trust for any injury/condition relating to the hand, wrist or elbow. He performed a very intricate surgery (nerve re-attachment) on my 9 year old son whose pinky finger nerve was severed as a result of an injury. The surgery went off without a hitch, and my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. McDaid is a top notch doctor. He is caring and compassionate and took the time to explain my diagnosis and treatment options. I have referred several friends and family members to Dr. McDaid who were also very pleased with the care they received.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. McDaid has operated on my hands 3 times. I would highly recommend him for his thorough knowledge and kind manner. The surgery center at OAA is one of the best I've been to. From the receptionist who greets patients to the nurses that prep and anesthesia team that makes everyone comfortable...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. McDaid is top notch. From an office consult to diagnose a problem or an injury to surgery, he never disappoints.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I was very pleased with my experience at Dr. McDaid's office. He treated me with professionalism and care. He even made me smile when I left. Coming here is like dealing with trusted family. You will not be disappointed with the care you receive from Dr. McDaid.
Are you Dr. McDaid?

More Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists like Dr. McDaid at Lehigh Valley Health Network

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Specialist