Dr. Patrick Lee, MD

Dr. Patrick Lee, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Patrick Lee, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Portland, OR. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Lee is affiliated with Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center.

2400 SW Vermont St

Portland, OR 97219

• EmblemHealth
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Lee

See how frequently Dr. Lee performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hemorrhoids
high
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Lee's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement

1 Malpractice Claim
  • Settlement : 10/28/2014
    Amount or Range: $79,000.00
    Nature of Complaint: Patient claims that vaginoscope was hot and burned her vaginal wall.

• Unprofessional Conduct (10/8/2015)
    Action Taken: Fine
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Oregon
  • Unknown (9/22/2014)
    Action Taken: Other
    Summary: Dr. Patrick Y Lee; License # MD16880 - NATURE OF COMPLAINT: Unknown at this time. ACTION TAKEN: The Oregon Medical Board and the respondent entered into an Interim Stipulated Order in which he agrees to have a board-certified surgeon assist in certain abdominal and pelvic surgeries pending the completion of the Board's investigation into his ability to safely and competently perform these surgeries.
    State: Oregon

• Oregon Health and Science University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Lee has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Cantonese
  • French

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Lee's Performance
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Lee was thorough in his explanations of all procedures and very attentive. He took ample time to discuss treatment options. Great bedside manner.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Lee, quite frankly, is a world class colorectal surgeon. He is a 10 out of 10 A++++ amazing leader in this field and teaches colectomy in several languages, I understand. My colon quit working out of the blue for no reason and after all options failed, I went to Dr. Lee and he did a thorough analysis (!) and I had an ileo-rectal total colectomy . My small intestine is hooked up to my rectum. (No bag). I'm on a GI forum and its Dr Lee that made this work. Period. There is no better.
Turner, OR |
I went to Dr. Lee several years ago for surgery. He did a perfect job! I recently had another issue and was relieved to know he is still in the Portland area! The exam went very well. He had access to my old records which was totally helpful. He listened to me without haste and gave me great instructions for what I needed to do next. I recommend him highly.
Portland, OR |
Dr. Lee is very personable and easy to talk to. We spent more time talking about general topics such as dieting, exercise, and books, all unrelated to why I came in. And about that, he was very honest and forthcoming with options on how to proceed. I recommend him highly
Beaverton, OR |
I felt that Dr. Lee was interested in me as a person, as well as my medical issue. He spent more than average time with me, explaining and offering medical knowledge in terms I could understand. I would highly recommend him .
in Gresham, OR |
Dr. Lee solved my issue perfectly through a successful surgery. He has followed up with me with great care, compassion, and expertise. I am extremely grateful to have been referred to Dr. Lee from my primary care physician.
in Portland, OR |
Splendid doctor! After our initial chat about my complaint, he says those words that I have been waiting a very long time to hear from a physician: "Let's take a look." Dr Lee is smart, compassionate, caring, and above all, 100% ~THERE~ with his patients. He's interested and interesting; kind and compassionate; communicative and curious. I found the experience completely satisfactory even as I was very skeptical about meeting with a new doctor. Highly recommended to anyone seeking a jewel.
Hillsboro, OR |
Would not recommend. Follow up is horrible. Waited on hold to make appt for 15 minutes. Called back later and waited another 10 before finally choosing to leave a message. Left message(early afternoon) and no call back. He works one day a week at Fanno, and even then my options are slim because you have to cater to his timeframe of availability. Last appt he pretty much laughed off, and rolled his eyes after i explained symptoms. I have follow up issues and he doesn't seem to care.
in Beaverton, OR |
Dr. Lee performed an emergency operation on me several years ago, which probably saved my life. Since then, he has treated me for various symptoms. He takes time to listen to my concerns and answers my questions with patience and understandable terms. I am very appreciative to still be around and to have Dr. Lee working with me to improve my health, which, by the way, is predicated on several hereditary factors over which I have very little, if any control. Thank you Dr. Lee for your work.
The worst experience ever! He let me leave the hospital with a ball of gauze that had dried inside my rectum. Afterwards, I came down with a deadly strain of c-diff. At first, I was misdiagnosed and once he figured out what it was (I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks and could barely digest water), I never heard from Dr. Lee again. I and my family had to handle this on our own. By the way, he blamed the matter on the nurses. To this day, I don't know if he even knows if I'm alive or dead.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick Lee, MD?
Are you Dr. Lee?

• First Choice Health
    First Choice Health HMO
    First Choice Health POS
    First Choice Health PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Health Net
    Advantage Platinum POS
    Advantage Platinum PPO
    Blue & Gold HMO
    Community Care Network HMO
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost