Dr. Patrick Hsieh, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Patrick Hsieh, MD

Dr. Patrick Hsieh, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Hsieh is affiliated with USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Keck Hospital of USC.

...See Less

Dr. Hsieh's Experience

See how Dr. Hsieh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hsieh

Dr. Hsieh accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Hsieh is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hsieh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hsieh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hsieh to family and friends
    3.9
    Dr. Hsieh's Performance
    in San Luis Obispo, Ca |
    Dr Hsieh was fantastic. He performed back surgery on me and Ifelt immediate relief. Dr Hsieh, his staff, and the other associates at USC were pleasant, knowledgeable, and made me feel comfortable all through the surgery. Not living in a large metropolitan area we anticipated being treated like a number. That was not the case!! They are all there to assist the patient. I highly recommend Dr Hsieh, Jana Evenhouse, and all the staff at USC
    Santa Barbara, CA |
    Hsieh was great from day one. He explained my option in simple easy to understand language. Confirmed the dx and performed some testing himself. He performed a artificial cervical disc replacement. Saw me before surgery and after. Saw me the next day (before a 15 hour surgery) to insure I was doing well. I was discharged within 24 hours and at work the following day and doing normal activity right away. My neck is soooooooo much better thanks to Hsieh. Highly recommended.
    I was previously in the military and have been in hospitals all over the world. I have had 4 prior surgeries on my spine all with little relief. This past week I had a spinal fusion with Dr Hsieh at Keck USC. He was AMAZING and the care I received is the best I have ever had anywhere. There are no words I can use to express the depth of my gratitude towards Dr. Hsieh and his team.
    in Pasadena, CA |
    Dr. Hsieh is a very skilled and talented neurosurgeon, in addition to be a brilliant doctor and nice person. I wouldn't consider going to anyone else when it comes to something as important as the care of my back and spine.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    dr Hsieh did an excellent job performing a four lovel fusion and straightening my scoliosis
    Glendale, CA |
    I was referred to Dr. Hsieh by my internist, but I have a friend who was very happy with the outcome of spinal surgery Dr. Hsieh performed. In my case, Dr Hsieh was part of a surgical team to treat a very serious situation- and Dr Hsieh was very upfront and direct about the various possibilities. He was concerned and engaged. I felt like I was getting top-notch care from Dr. Hsieh and the team.
    in Arcadia, CA |
    My appointment with Dr. Hsie was very strange. He was dismissive and seemed as if he thought he knew everything, simply from looking at my images (which I am not sure he even saw). He did not examine me AT ALL. No check of range of motion, of muscle strength, no discussion of my history of injuries or how my condition affects my daily life. These things are pretty common for understanding the nature of the patient's condition. Dr. Hsieh did not seem interested in understanding my condition.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    The appointment with Dr. Hsieh was the worst appointment I have ever had with a physician. I've worked in health care for the last 25 years; in different health care settings and never have I come away feeling so dismissed. He didn't see the small compression fracture that you mentioned and he didn't seem to know of the edema at the base of the brain/neck. I wonder if he even looked at my MRI. He basically said my only two options are surgery or injections. Surgery will howev
    Have you seen Dr. Patrick Hsieh, MD?
    Are you Dr. Hsieh?

Dr. Hsieh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
    •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Hsieh has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hsieh's Board Certifications

• Brain Cancer
    • Broken Neck
    • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Chiari's Deformity

Keck School Of Medicine Of The Univ Of Southern California

Graduated in 2001

• Mandarin
    • Taiwanese

Dr. Hsieh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hsieh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
    • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
    • Disc Replacement
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Neuroplasty