Dr. Patrick Ferry, MD

Dr. Patrick Ferry, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Sacred Heart Medical Group 36500 Emerald Coast Pkwy Destin, FL 32541 Get Directions

Dr. Patrick Ferry, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Destin, FL. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Ferry is affiliated with Sacred Heart Hospital On the Emerald Coast and Sacred Heart Hospital.

Dr. Ferry's Experience

See how Dr. Ferry's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ferry

Dr. Ferry accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ferry has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ferry's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ferry to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Ferry's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
Dr. Ferry was my primary care physician for 6 years. I'm very healthy and didn't go to the doctor for 2 years. Well, when I did get sick I made an appt. with Dr. Ferry only to wait 30 minutes and then be told he will no longer see me. Apparently, if you are making this doctor enough money, they will drop you without warning.
in Freeport, FL |
Dr. Ferry has an excellent bedside manner which is rare these days. His nurse Kim is very thorough and caring as well. They both spend as much time as necessary to assess the patient's concerns to find a solution to their problems and discomfort. They make every effort to see you as soon as possible. I highly recommend Dr. Ferry and Kim to everyone!
Freeport, FL |
Dr. Ferry has a nice bed side manner, but if he does not know an answer, he places it on you. Maybe depressed or too sensitive or something else is underlining. The problem is he does not investigate nor listens very well to the patient. The bigger problem is his staff member Cheryl, she laughed and made fun of me 2 times in the same week and while she was laughing, she forgot to place my prescription to be filled in the pharmacy (the entire reason she called me).
in Panama City Beach, FL |
Doctor Ferry is a great doctor. I've been a patient of his for more than 6 years, and all of my family sees him too. He takes the time to listen to your concerns, and is extremely personable and caring. Realizing that this is supposed to be a review of the doctor, you will have to deal with his staff too,which is, for the most part, fine, except for Cheryl. She's about as rude and condescending as they get. No sense of urgency or compassion for the patient. She should find another line of work.
in Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
Dr. Ferry is personable and knowledgeable. He isn't just a pill pusher if that is what you're looking for. He is young, smart, straight and to the point. I don't like to be coddled by my doctor, I want to be in and out with thorough care. I have seen him for multiple issues and never had any problems. His nurse is a little rough around the edges, but it wasn't off putting. I actually really liked her. She did forget to give me a flu shot one time, but other than that no issues.
in Mary Esther Fl |
Excellent doctor and very happy that he is my doctor
Destin, FL |
His staff, other than the person at the front desk, are not friendly and often off putting. If calling to ask a question or have a prescription called in quickly, the person is very short and acts as if she is doing you a BIG favor. I was having surgery and the surgical center needed the results of my blood tests which weren't sent as requested. We had to call the office just before surgery to get the info. The nurse argued that she sent the results instead of just answering the question.
Dr. Ferry spent about an hour with me, taking extensive notes, talking about his plans for managing my care, including a referral to a specialist. I was excited about the possibility of gaining answers to my health issues. As I was preparing to leave, I asked him when to make a follow-up appointment (in order to get started on my treatment plan). His reply was a vague '6 months or so.' WHAT?! He had no intention of addressing anything we spoke about. Nothing. Just took $200, sent me on my way.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick Ferry, MD?
Are you Dr. Ferry?

Compare Dr. Ferry

Dr. Ferry's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Ferry does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Ferry and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Louisiana State University School of Medicine - Shreveport

Graduated in 2003

Tulane University Health Sciences Center
    Tulane University of Louisiana

Dr. Ferry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ferry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Ferry does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Ferry and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.