Dr. Patrick Culligan, MD

Dr. Patrick Culligan, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. Patrick Culligan, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Culligan is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.

Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Urology

• MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Culligan

See my website www.mybladderMD.com For each patient suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction (pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, constipation etc...) our goal is to find the treatment option that best fits her lifestyle and meets her goals. We strive to offer the best surgical and non-surgical approaches for each patient on an individualized basis.

Dr. Culligan's Experience

Dr. Culligan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Cervicitis
  • Endometriosis
  • Fecal Incontinence
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Prolapsed Bladder
  • Rectocele
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Stress Incontinence

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Excision of Cervix
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Georgia Institute Of Technology
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Evanston Continence Ctr/Northwestern University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

• Castle Connolly Top Doctors in New York Metro Area, 2008, 2009

Dr. Culligan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Culligan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Culligan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Culligan to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Culligan's Performance
in Malverne, NY |
Dr. Culligan is an outstanding surgeon. He is thorough in explaining the procedure and patient in answering questions. He responded to my phone calls before and after surgery and I was very confident and comfortable under his care.
in Brooklyn, ny |
i had surgery with dr culligan and was amazed at the patience, and clarity that Dr Culligan expressed from the initial visit through surgery and check up. My surgery began at 7:00 pm. There were complications in the surgery and although the hour was late, and the Dr. had a scheduled flight for early the next morning, Dr Culligan patiently took care of all the issues and carefully untangled and placed each organ in the right place, stitched me up and ended surgery close to 12:00 pm
Summit, NJ |
Great bedside manner. Listens and understands what you are going through. Highly recommend.
Dr. Culligan is a caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable surgeon. After waiting for a few years, I decided to have the surgery and made the right decision. He does not rush and is determined to do the absolutely best procedure possible for his patients. Follow up was great, even making sure that I was fine. His staff is amazing, especially his nurse practitioner, Irena. I would highly recommend him, as he takes the time to discuss options and explain the procedures thoroughly.
New York, NY |
I really can't recommend Dr. Culligan enough. Every aspect of this surgery, from pre surgery office visits to post operative care, Dr. Culligan was always accessible. He listened carefully to everything I had to say, all questions I asked. He took time to respond and to explain exactly what was going on and how he would resolve it. He carefully and clearly explained options. His manner is polite, caring and confident. I am very grateful for having been referred to him.
in Rockaway Park, NY |
I was impressed with Dr. Culligans' staff from the time I made my initial appointment. The front office was polite and the medical assistants were professional. Irina Katz, NP was compassionate. Dr. Culligan was amazing. He was gentle and reassuring during his examination; he spent time explaining the procedure and I am very pleased with the result.
in Avon by the Sea, NJ |
It was an excellent decision to put my condition in the hands of a very thorough, competent and self-assured physician as Dr. Culligan. Not only did he perform a successful surgery, he collaborated with other experts to ensure a comprehensive approach to my care. His gentle demeanor and professionalism before, during and after my hospital stay has been consistent. He is reachable, approachable and sincerely interested in my well being. His staff and Nurse Practioner have the same philosophy.
New York, NY |
It is rare to come across a physician like Dr. Culligan. He spent time answering all of my questions and really put me at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Culligan to anyone in search of a uro-gyno.
in Bayside, NY |
Dr. Culligan is the kind of phycisian that one only rarely finds. He is a skilled surgeon and someone who can relate to patients in a way that makes them comfortable enough to ask questions. He is clear in explaining procedures and his demeanor is calm and reassuring. I never felt that I was bothering Dr. Culligan with my questions and post- surgery I knew that I could call him with my concerns. Calliope Sullivan
in Sparta, NJ |
I was looking for a top notch uro-gynecologist and was recommended to Dr. Culligan. He spent a lot of time with me explaining various procedures, my options and the success rate of each. He has a great bed side manner and I felt I was in very competent hands for my surgery. I would definitely recommend both Dr. Culligan and his staff.
Dr. Culligan came highly recommended. He is an excellent surgeon with outstanding bedside manner.
in Sparta, NJ |
I am eternally grateful to Dr. Culligan for the outstanding care he gave me. He not only did a wonderful job on my surgery, but he was always there for me every step of the way. He is known for being a great surgeon, but he is a great person too. He really cares. I feel wonderful. We miss him in New Jersey, but he told me that he would open a NJ office location soon. Either way, it's worth the trip into the city to see him.
in Short Hills, NJ |
Dr. Culligan was recommended to me by two different friends and 3 different doctors. When I met him, I could easily see why. He listened to me and didn't rush. He offered me options that included no surgery. He gave me several surgical options (with or without use of mesh). I trust him. I was going to him in his Summit office, but now I will have to see him in the city.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick Culligan, MD?
Are you Dr. Culligan?