Dr. Patrick T. Clancy, MD

Dr. Patrick T. Clancy, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 59 years old

I consider all of my patients to be special. I utilize the most current technologies in both surgery and treatment of all eye diseases to provide quality eyecare and strive to provide superior patient care. I believe it is important to treat my patients with integrity and complete honesty.Read more

Dr. Clancy's Experience

See how Dr. Clancy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Clancy

Dr. Clancy accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Clancy has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Clancy
Dr. Clancy's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (26)
in Montville, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Clancy for many, many years and have had appointments in several of his offices. He always takes time to listen to and my answer questions, and does not rush through exams. His staff has always been pleasant.
in Port Chester, NY |
My wife got an eye lash stuck deep under her eyelid and Dr. Clancy was able to see her right away. I am very thankful that his office was able to fit her in on a busy Friday. He was very pleasant to deal with and was very patient with answering our questions. We are long time patients that have followed him to the new office in Wyckoff and have always had great experiences with both the doctor and his staff.
Mahwah, NJ |
AWFUL! Dr. Clancy took my insurance and copay for a COVERED appointment. His office did not try to submit to my insurance co, Horizon BCBS, until almost 2 YEARS after my visit. Horizon BCBS, denied paying him because he submitted TOO Late. He sent ME to a collection agency for this visit, THAT WAS COVERED, he just DID'NT Submit in a timely manner! Jody, the office manager, said she wouldn't take me out of collection unless I gave her a check! I contacted NJ Better Business Bureau.
in Nutley, NJ |
Great Dr! Very friendly and kind, spends a lot of time with you and explains EVERYTHING! Staff is very courteous an friendly. Moving to Florida and will miss them very much.
in Wyckoff, NJ |
I am a 68 year old Vietnam veteran who's vision suddenly became extremely blurry. I could barely see. Dr. Clancy told me that I had cateracts in both eyes. He explained in great detail what that meant, and how to correct my vision. Two surgeries were scheduled, one for each eye.The results were amazing! I have 20/20 vision in both eyes, and I now see the world in vibrant colors and light! He is an incredible surgeon. My daughter is now a patient also.
in Mahwah NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Clancy. My four year old son is his patient. It's not easy to give a four year old an eye exam. Dr. Clancy and his staff were so thoughtful and caring about the process. Dr. Clancy was very thorough and took time to explain the diagnosis. He answered all of my questions. He also explained the long term plan to addressmy sons eye care needs. He made me feel so at ease and that as a team, doctor and parent, we could handle any issues. And we did! I am so grateful!
in Rockaway, NJ |
Dr. Clancy was very thorough with his examination and answered my questions patiently. He was candid and very professional in explaining my eye problem and treatment options. I have been a patient for over 4 years and would not go to anyone else, he is a great doctor!
in Township Of Washington NJ |
Dr. Clancy gives me the opportunity to express all my vision concerns. He explains medical details very well.
in Waldwick, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr Clancy's for 25 years. During that time I had several significant eye problems including one which threatened the sight in one of my eyes. His manner in getting me through that time made me feel like I was his most important patient. When one of my children had a problem, he quickly identified and resolved the it. My entire family goes to him for regular checkups. He is a true professional. The office staff is excellent. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Wyckoff, NJ |
The Doctor was good and the staff is very nice. The reason for 2 stars is the billing department which harassed me with 7 or 8 erroneous bills. My insurance information was given but someone didn't correctly file it which led to multiple letters stating I Owed $295.00 when all I owed was a co-pay of $20. Which I would have paid the same day.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick T. Clancy, MD?
Are you Dr. Clancy?

Compare Dr. Clancy

Dr. Clancy's Care Philosophy

Dr. Clancy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

• Consumer Research Council Guide to America's Top Ophthalmologists, 2009, 2010

Dr. Clancy has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Clancy's Board Certifications

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoschisis

Completed in 1987

• Other Education
    Chief Resident

Completed in 1987

Dr. Clancy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clancy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology