Dermatology  |
Dr. Patrick Carney, MD
Dr. Patrick Carney, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Edina, MN. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Carney is affiliated with North Memorial Medical Center.

Edina Office

• HealthPartners
  • National Elevator
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Carney

My staff and I are invested in patient health and provide the highest quality medical and cosmetic skin care. Consultations and care plans are individualized to meet each person's unique needs and lifestyle. We diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, such as skin cancer, acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, warts, rashes, moles and hair loss. We are the only dermatology practice in the Twin Cities to offer same day dermatology appointments.

Dr. Carney's Experience

Dr. Carney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Age Spots
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Impetigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

1 Sanction
  • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (3/19/2013)
    Action Taken: License Restricted
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Minnesota

• University Hospital Of Cleveland
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Alt Cosmetic Surgery Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Carney has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Carney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Carney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carney to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Carney's Performance
in Apple Valley, MN |
I have been a patient of Dr.Carney's for several years. My experience with him and his staff has been outstanding. He is professional, courteous, and listens to my concerns. He is thorough, very knowledgeable and takes time to answer all my questions. I have been very satisfied with his care and highly recommend Dr. Carney to anyone needing a dermatologist. Kris in Apple Valley
St Paul, MN |
Always does a great job whether it is for skin cancer surgery, follow-up or full body check. Very personable and makes me feel at ease. Also makes good recommendations for follow-up care. Plus his staff is awesome
in Minneapolis, MN |
From the start, Dr. Carney has been nothing but professional and kind. You can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients. I have been seeing him for several years for acne and psoriasis and he has been top notch every time. Would highly recommend to anyone with skin problems.
St Paul, MN |
DO NOT take your child to Dr Carney. He is a narcissist that often verbally implies his immense talent. He's on a different planet in how he performs as a medical professional. I continue to be haunted by memories of how he treated & tortured my child in the removal [by cutting with scissors] of a common childhood ailment. I couldn't stand it & took him to a different derm that used a humane method of removal. He essentially performed surgery without any pain management. He should be expelled.
in Rice MN |
I thought dr. Carney was awesome it's been a while . He was super helpful and easy to talk to. Just didn't appreciate one of the staff q. She was rude. I would come back to Dr. Carney for fillers . However I am quite a bit older now. Awesome guy! Hope to see you again. Beth Ertl. Sooner the Better! Definately go see this guy ......... you won't be disappointed.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Carney is truly amazing. I asked my derm pharma rep friend for a derm rec and he said that Dr C was the only derm he'd send me to because he is the embodiment of what a dr should be and my friend was right! I was so sad and sick of missing weddings, birthdays, even work because I was traumatized by my acne. I never realized how much of my life was spent thinking about my skin, covering up my acne, thinking about if my makeup was going to come off, no longer doing activities that involved no m
in apple valley, MN |
Dr. Carney is very professional, kind and helpful. He listened to my issues I was having and gave me several options for treatment. Thankfully the first thing we tried worked out amazingly. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great dermatologist.
in Western suburbs |
Dr. Carney is the best dermatologist I've ever had; being a 45 year old woman who has suffered from cystic acne for over 30 years, I have seen a LOT of them. Most would throw Retin-A at me, which only made me peel. I've been on Accutane 5 times over 20 years, but it still eventually came back. It took a little experimenting, but Dr. Carney found the magic solution for me and I never even get a blemish anymore. If I stop taking the meds, my acne returns so I know it is working. TOP NOTCH!!!!
in Lakeville, MN |
i went to Dr Carney's office for skin check ups for about 5 years and NEVER saw him once. The last time I was there the lady that did the check up was new and I felt knew nothing about checking for skin cancer. Needless to say Im no longer there
in Bloomington, MN |
Dr. Carney is hands-down the best Dermatologist in the Twin Cities. His knowledge and genuine interest in my condition left me feeling confident going forward. The two medications he prescribed me have been fantastic and within one month I am already seeing great results. He seems to actually care about his patients, which has been a rarity in the TC. Highly recommend.
in Edina, MN |
I had a rash/itching/buring for two years. I had visited local hospitals as well as numerous doctors, with no diagnosis/solution to what I was experiencing. After a visit with Dr. Carney, he not only diagnosed/treated my rash/skin irritation, he ended my two year dilema. I recommend him to all with skin problems.
in Brooklyn Park, MN |
Would highly recommend Dr. Carney. Really knows his stuff!
in Plymouth, MN |
Having just moved to Minnesota from Florida, I needed a dermatologist to follow up on a skin cancer diagnosis. Dr. Carney was recommended to me and I couldn't be happier. The friendly staff at Skin Speaks made me feel comfortable right from the start. Dr. Carney was not only very professional in explaining to me the necessary Mohs surgery, but extremely personable, taking a little extra time to visit and get to know me, and me him! I highly recommend Dr. Patrick Carney.
in Bloomington, Minnesota |
I have never had a better experience at a doctor. I have always struggled to find a doctor that i trusted who wasn't just looking to take all of my money. He wanted to suggest a treatment plan that was beneficial but also fiscally responsible. As a 24 year old, not making much for full time employment i was concerned about the cost and it was relatively inexpensive compared to the last derm who wanted to set me up with $500+ in Rxs...
Edina, MN |
I went to see Dr. Carney for a simple procedure. He explained that he didn't think it was necessary but wanted to know if there was anything else he could help me with. I was a bit surprised that he was willing to take the time to address all of my concerns when this was not a routine visit. I left with things taken care of (spots removed that I've wanted removed for years) that no one else would take care of. He was very thorough, knowledgeable and CARING! I have found my new dermatologist
Lakeville, MN |
I have a fairly rare neurological disorder called RSD or CRPS, and after being turned down by both the Mayo and the U of M for help, Dr. Carney was more than happy to not only help me, but also learn with me about how the disorder can destroy, and how to prevent it. He was honestly one of the kindest, most genuine doctors I have ever met, and believe me, I have met several over the years. I would recommend him to anyone who is going through some tough stuff and needs someone who really gets it.
in Edina, MN |
Dr. Carney could have very understandably referred me to a (4th) different department due to the location and severity of the issues I presented him with. I had feared this scenario for upwards of two years avoiding treatment. The two Dr's before him either couldn't or wouldn't help. Dr. Carney not only agreed to see me on short notice but also did his what his homework and that his staff communicated very well with him. His demeanor and calm approach were spot on and he did a great
in Minneapolis, MN |
Thoughtful and thorough. He explained the different spots, and moles that I had concerns about. He made recommendations for what to do about my skin condition. Very satisfied with my visit. I have been to see him before, and will continue going back.
in St Paul, MN |
Highly qualified, professional and personable Doctor. His diagnoses and treatments are always spot on. My family and I have been wells served. Always has time to confer and follow through on any concerns. Very helpful and reassuring manner!
in St Paul, MN |
Today I went to see Dr. Carney because I thought I had skin cancer and I thought I was allergic to the cold. He came in and addressed all my concerns. He took the time to sit and explain everything to me. He had to do a biopsy. He gave me a stress ball to help with the pain. I said I didn't need that because he is a wizard with a needle. A few years ago I seen Dr. carney because I had this huge red spot growing on my leg. I went to a few doctors and no one knew what it was. Dr. Carney did.
in Apple Valley, MN |
Dr. Carney and his staff are very professional and caring. I have psoriasis which is a very frustrating skin condition and Dr. Carney never gives up on trying to find new ways to help me improve my quality of life.
in Edina, MN |
He's excellent. My family and I have visited him for more than 15 years. Always helpful, friendly, and highly skillful at his work. I had a few things I also had a few things that I wanted to do that weren't covered by insurance and he gave me an excellent out-of-pocket price.
in Edina, MN |
It was fun. He is so experienced and friendly and made me feel so at ease. Took care of my problems and I have never been to a Doctor where I felt so comfortable. I want to recommend him to all my friends. He goes above and beyond what I have .experienced at other dermatologists offices.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Carney has been recommended by many friends and since meeting and working with him I find he's not only a wonderful, professional Doctor in his field, but also a really nice guy that makes you feel very comfortable. You can tell he really cares about you. He's a great listener too!
in Minneapolis, MN |
DR. Patrick has to be one of the most nicest humble guy you will ever meet. He is helping me treat my acne and i have to say so far soooooo good. you'll have to make and appointment to know what i am talking about.
in Pewaukee, WI |
Dr. Carney was able to diagnose my issue when I was starting to lose faith in the medical profession of ever being able to treat my extreme psoriasis. Thanks to Dr. Carney I have my life back! I was very blessed to have had Dr. Carney been the doctor on call when I was hospitalized with a massive infection caused by my psoriasis. Dr. Carney worked with me and we came up with a plan to get my psoriasis under control! Thank You Dr. Carney!
Have you seen Dr. Patrick Carney, MD?
Are you Dr. Carney?