Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Patrick Bolt, MD
Dr. Patrick Bolt, board certified physician, is a Knoxville native and graduate of the University of Tennessee, where he was a Whittle scholar. Dr. Bolt attended medical school at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. During his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Chicago, Dr. Bolt received the resident leadership award during his final year. Dr. Bolt's additional study included an intensive one year fellowship in spinal surgery at the San Francisco Spine Institute in California. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the North American Spine Society. Dr. Bolt's interests include theater and a variety of outdoor activities, including kayaking, surfing, and golf. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee.

1819 W Clinch Ave Ste 100

• Prime Health Services
  • USA Managed Care Organization

Learn about Dr. Bolt

Dr. Bolt's Experience

Dr. Bolt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Rib Fracture
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Tennessee
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • University Of Chicago
  • San Francisco Spine Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bolt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bolt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bolt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bolt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bolt to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Bolt's Performance
Dr. Bolt is the best! I trust him completely. He is very kind and takes the time to explain everything to you and make you feel comfortable especially before surgery. Also need to mention Jose Lopez, he is always on top of his game! He understands your urgency and is very efficient in getting back to you with your care plan. Awesome doctor and staff!
Alcoa, TN |
Michelle Johnson Gatlinburg Tn Surgery was December 2016. Today is August 3, 2017. Dr. Bolt is a skilled surgeon and takes his time with his patients. I had L3 L4 L5 spinal fusion. My first step out of bed ,I knew the surgery was a success. I researched Dr.Bolt and his staff and couldn't have made a better choice. I recommend him to anyone who asks. Sometimes I've recommended him and they had already heard of him . They are that good.
in Knoxville, TN |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Patrick Bolt. He did surgery on my husband's fractured hip. My husband was up walking within 18 hours and going up and down stairs within days. He was able to resume hiking within a few months. Dr. Bolt explained everything and patiently answered questions. He never seemed rushed and spent time with us. My husband also followed up with Dr. Bolt for an epidural for a herniated spinal disc. Again Dr. Bolt performed a relatively painless procedure with great results
William Thorpe, we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team!
in Maynardville, TN |
Dr.Bolt is the most understanding doctor I've ever seen. He spends a lot of time explaining your condition ans treatment. He is also a very good Listener. The procedure he preformed on me was very complicated. The put come was excellent. He's assistant Ashley Self. Is wonderful and great to work with. I know a lot of people read these and thank they are fake. Well this one is real if you would like to talk to me about Dr Bolt and his team please call me 865-309-2036 Tanks Dr Bolt for your care.
in Sevierville, TN |
Dr. Bolt and his staff are excellent! For the past 2 years I have been going to him for ongoing treatment for my back! Wouldn't trust anyone else with my orthopedic back needs!
Linda Jenkins, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience!
Knows what he is doing!
Martin Pearson, we really appreciate your feedback!
in Dalton, GA |
Dr. Bolt goes above and beyond as a Specialist for the Spine! He's very caring as a Doctor! He builds valuable relationships with his patients! I highly recommend him if you have any back disorders afflicting you! In my opinion he should have a TEN star rating! Thank you Dr Bolt!
Gregory K Harmon, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.
Knoxville, TN |
I have no complaints in regard to Dr. Bolt. However attempting to get a refill on meds via phone calls by myself and/or my pharmacy are ignored, not returned, not called in. This is always an ongoing problem. It's almost impossible to reach a real live person ( his nurse manager), leaving voice mails that are not returned are frustrating to me and my pharmacy. I do find this unacceptable.
in Kodak, TN |
DR BOLT ALWAYS SPEWNDS AS MUCH TIME AS NEEDED. NEVER RUSHES AND I TRUST HIS JUDGEMENT COMPLETELY.
Knoxville, TN |
The outcome of my two visits to Dr. Bolt was very satisfactory. However, my 2nd visit was cancelled by his office and was scheduled almost 3 weeks later. At that appointment, I waited over an hour before seeing Dr. Bolt.
in Maryville TN |
Dr . Bolt is excellent !!
in Sevierville, TN |
Great guy ! Ashley too
in White Pine, TN |
When I first came to Dr. Bolt, I suffered from a pinched nerve in the L-5 vertebra. He administered injections for several years until they became less effective. At that point, he met with me, laid out my options, & explained them thoroughly. With his assistance & input, I opted for for surgery. Dr. Bolt went above & beyond in explaining all options I had available. His Dr/patient relationship was superb, & his surgical ability even better. Today, I have no pain thanks to Dr. Bolt.
in Knoxville, TN |
I have had 5 major back surgeries by four different surgeons, and the one performed by Dr. Bolt was the first one to go 100% right. I know there are no guarantees, but I like my odds here. I was treated with respect, my options and possible outcomes were explained, and the decision was mine to make on how to proceed. Dr. Bolt patienty answered my questions and I never felt rushed. He has a conversative approach to surgery which I so appreciate.
in Gatlinburg Tennessee |
I'm writing for my husband John Mahoney. John told everyone how proud he was of Dr. Bolt & how much he appreciated all he did for him with 2 spinal fusions, etc., etc., over the 2 years. I, Vivian, John's wife, also appreciate very much the attention, honesty, caring & willingness of Dr. Bolt to share details about prior, post & surgery times to John & me. Sad though staff never connected me to allow me to tell Dr. Bolt John was killed in an auto accident on 5/ 23 /14 by JLRanch horses loose.
in Knoxville, TN |
I complained about my hips hurting and he kept saying it was my back. A simple x-ray would have shown Dr. Bolt I had a collapsed hip and the other one was just about collapsed. As another orthopedic surgeon told me, This is the worst hip I have ever seen.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Bolt's name was given to me by a spinal specialist in northern, California. I have never interacted with a specialist who took the time to explain my back problem to me as did Dr. Bolt. When we were done with the initial consult i could not think of one question to ask him. He comes across as caring and wanting to be there for you.
Have you seen Dr. Patrick Bolt, MD?

Visit Dr. Bolt