Sports Medicine  |
Male
Dr. Patrick Birmingham, MD
Dr. Patrick Birmingham, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Birmingham is affiliated with Skokie Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital, Evanston Hospital and Highland Park Hospital.

680 N Lake Shore Dr Ste 924

• Priority Health
  • Simplifi

Learn about Dr. Birmingham

Dr. Birmingham's Experience

Dr. Birmingham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Birmingham "Dr. Birmingham specializes in arthroscopic surgical treatment of hip, shoulder, knee and elbow sports injuries. Dr. Birmingham completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery, which ranked second in the nation in orthopaedics by U.S. News &World Report in 2009. During his fellowship, Dr. Birmingham served as the assistant team physician for the New York Giants, and he concentrated his training on sports injuries and arthroscopy. He also researched the biology of tendon to bone healing as it relates to rehabilitation of sports injuries after surgery."

• Sports Medicine

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• College Of The Holy Cross
  • George Washington University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Cornell University Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Birmingham has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Birmingham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Birmingham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Birmingham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Birmingham to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Birmingham's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
Excellent doctor and staff! Would recommend without hesitation!
in Rockford, il |
Dr. Birmingham is phenomenal I had knee surgery originally in 1979 from a football injury. After my examination and x-rays ordered MRI showed tear in inner meniscus so I booked surgery Doctor P found outer meniscus damage as well I walked out of outpatient surgery and had no pain and didn't have to use prescribed painkillers I was back on the job the day later and put 14 hours in. I would highly recommend him.
in Chicago |
Scheduling my appointment was a breeze. His support staff is very professional, & courteous. The wait time to see him was under 20 min. I was extremely disappointed with Dr. Birmingham's bedside manner, quick & inaccurate diagnosis, & lack of follow up. He spent about 5 minutes total in the room with me, I described the pain, he moved my arm around a few times, he then ordered x-rays and an MRI in an area where pain DOES NOT EXIST, then sent me out w/o a solution for the pain. A WASTE of $1200!
IL |
Fantastic doctor and staff all around. They helped me get back to a normal life after years and years of having issues with my knee. The staff is very helpful, and easy to get a hold of when i had any questions or concerns. I will absolutely return to Dr. Birmingham and his staff if i have any problems in the future.
Aurora, IL |
Dr. Birmingham was very thorough and professional. Also honest and conservative as far as treatment-he had me do a diagnostic shot to determine how much hip arthroscopy would help. He did the shot himself with x-ray rather than having his PA do it. He did not rush me and was happy to re explain concepts. I saw the other two top hip doctors in Chicago and he was the most careful and thorough in diagnosing.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Birmingham is an outstanding surgeon. He operated on both of my hips and I have not had a single issue since the procedures. Left hip was 5 years ago, right hip was 2.5 years ago and I have been pain free! I saw numerous doctors and he was the only one that was able to correctly diagnose and fix the problems. I highly recommend Dr. Birmingham! You will not be disappointed with the results.
in Fox Lake, IL |
He sent me for X-rays before meeting with him, even though I had X-rays less than 30 days earlier and an MRI less than a week earlier. I met with one person before he came in, then when he did come in he had a physical therapist with him for no reason. He only talked about surgery. Which he also refused to do because I wasn't a healthy weight. He was cold and impersonal and if he had looked at my file he could have cancelled the appointment and saved me time. What a waste and a jerk!
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Birmingham was very helpful in answering any questions I had and his staff was friendly and helpful as well. I tend to ask many questions when dealing with doctors and I was very pleased with his patience and thoroughness in answering things. I feel confident that he would be just as thorough during surgery and plan on having a hip labral tear repair surgery with him in January 2017.
Dekalb, IL |
Dr. Birmingham & his PA, JP Veron, were excellent before & after my hip laparoscopy. I went in prepared, knowing what to expect but if I had any questions, JP was there to help with a very fast response. The surgery was like any major procedure with its ups &downs, but at the three month mark, things were steadily improving. The hip is the best that I have felt and I am back to a very active lifestyle (even hitting PRs as a runner less than a year out). I would refer Dr. Birm to everyone.
in Chicago, IL |
His medical prognosis of my left hip pain was quite the opposite of the Orthopedic physician in which refered me to Dr. Birmingham. Add insult to injury, just the day prior I had a arthrogram with and without contrast. He did not even reference them, but on the day of the appointment had me take more X-rays according to his protocols. Needless to say, this ascerbated the labral tear and my BP when up substantially. I found that he was very impersonal and questionable bedside manners. Total waste
in Oswego, IL |
I drove oven an hour for a visit to have an injection to determine if I had a labrum tear. I waited 55 minutes without anyone checking in with my about the delay. When the Dr came into the room he never apologized for the wait and never read my previous charts. He asked questions he should have been familiar with should he have read my chart. When asked if I was getting my shot he responded oh no, I'm WAY TOO BUSY today to do that. You'll have to schedule an appt. at my Vernon Hills office.
in Aurora, IL |
Dr Burmingham reconstructed my hip. The surgery went very well and the recovery is going well also. JP Dr. Birminghams PA is just great answers question and care about you. I am going to Dr Birmingham and his team for my knee now so I do recommend him to all
Have you seen Dr. Patrick Birmingham, MD?
Are you Dr. Birmingham?