Dr. Patricia Wyshak, MD

Dr. Patricia Wyshak, MD

General Medical Practice  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Patricia Wyshak, MD is a general medical practice specialist in Lamoine, ME and has been practicing for 23 years. She graduated from University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine in 1992 and specializes in general medical practice, adult medicine, and more.Read her story

11 Madison Ave

Lamoine, ME 04605

• Anthem
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Maine Community Health Options

Learn about Dr. Wyshak

Dr. Wyshak's Experience

Dr. Wyshak's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Medical Practice
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Wyshak's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wyshak "Internal medicine is the care of adults through all stages of life. This is my calling. I take pride in the success of my patients, whether it is improvement of their diabetes or hypertension related to exercising and losing weight, or resolution of their chronic back pain by taking their vitamin D. I consider my patients to be my flock, and I yearn for the health and well-being of my flock. My vision for Black Dog Medical is a return to the good old days of medicine, where doctors spent more time on patients than on paperwork. Maine became home in 1997, when I joined Maine Coast Memorial Hospital as a doctor, both at Ellsworth Internal Medicine and rounding at Maine Coast Memorial Hospital. I grew up in the city in California but always felt the country is "me." I received my MD from UC Davis Medical School, where I was in the top 10th percentile of my class. (Davis also had a great ceramics program, which was my form of relaxation and art.) My medical residency was at the University of Washington in Seattle. There I worked in the famously intense emergency room at Harborview Hospital, based on which Grey's Anatomy modeled its ER. My externships were in Montana and other rural areas. Patients know me as a friendly, casual, but ultra-thorough doctor with a good sense of humor. I'm committed to involving you in every decision-making process. I make an effort to translate the medical-speak into understandable explanations of what's going on and your options."

This content was provided by Dr. Wyshak "I care for my patients like I care for my family (and my black dogs). Nothing makes me happier than to help patients regain their health and to take measures to prevent illness.

It's as important to me that patients clearly understand their options and make the choices that work for them. I try to clarify all of the medical language into clear terms so that your medical mysteries are not mysterious. "

• General Medical Practice
  • Adult Medicine
  • Men's Health Medicine
  • Women's Health Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Care Coordination for Complex Conditions and Procedures
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

• University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Harborview Med Ctr, U Of Washington Sch Of Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Washington
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Wyshak has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wyshak does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wyshak and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wyshak's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wyshak to family and friends
11 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Wyshak's Performance

Dr. Wyshak Says:
"

If you have questions about satisfaction of patients who I have cared for during the past 20 years, I am happy to chat with you. (Most of my patients do not post their opinions online.) To your health!

"

Excellent communication and genuine care from provider and RN! Glad to be part of the pack.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Glad to hear that you are enjoying having Dr. Wyshak as your primary care physician! :)