Dr. Patricia McCormack, MD

Dermatology | Female

515 N Wood Ave Ste 101 Linden, NJ 07036 Get Directions
Dr. Patricia McCormack, MD
Dr. Patricia McCormack, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Linden, NJ. She has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. McCormack is affiliated with Richmond University Medical Center.

Dr. McCormack's Experience

See how Dr. McCormack's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McCormack

Dr. McCormack accepts 31 insurance carriers

Dr. McCormack is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. McCormack has admitting privileges.

Dr. McCormack's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McCormack to family and friends
2.7
Dr. McCormack Says:

Dr. McCormack's Responses to Reviews:

03/26/16:

Dr. McCormack's Performance
Brooklyn, NY |
I tried visit this doctor on a Tuesday in her Staten Island office. The office was overbooked with patients and when I went up to the window i was told by the doctor to go to the other side. I waited one hour and left without being seen. The doctor sits in the front of office instead of seeing patients Do not go to this office Very unprofessional
The best there is! Dr. McCormack is knowledgeable, efficient and caring. Could not ask for a better Dr!
in Scotch Plains, NJ |
I see Kristen , Dr McCormack's PA. She is very professional. I have never waited more than 10 minutes. I trust her with all my concerns. She sees me for regular screenings as well as skin cancer treatments. I would highly recommend Dr McCormack or her PA's
in Neptune, NJ |
Excellent clinical knowledge for complex dermatology issues
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr Mccormack is a wonderful, intelligent and caring doctor. She always takes her time and answers all my questions. Her workers are nice and helpful. I've been going there for more than 5 years and would recommend her to everyone.
in Staten Island, NY |
I have been with her for 4-1/2 years and she is an excellent physician. Her knowledge cannot be surpassed. She is warm, friendly and makes the worst treatment go easily and smoothly. I have psoriasis and have injections weekly. Some are more painful than others and she is gentle and quick. She listens to her patients, hears and then makes determinations in their best interest. That is exactly what she has done with me. I feel like it is a partnership for healing.
in Staten Island, NY |
I made an app't to see Dr McCormack for itch, burning skin, without a rash but saw a PA instead. She admitted she had no diagnosis but prescribed creams and pills randomly to rule out various conditions, one totally off base. I was told at checkout the dr is in 2 days a week until 1 pm. I went to my GP who ordered medical tests as this can be a serious condition. PA never advised any testing or consult with GP. Luckily I was smart enough to follow up I would NEVER return to this office.
in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ |
I read the negative reviews and was hesitant to go here but decided to anyway since they were able to schedule an appointment within a week. As you know specialist appointments can take weeks or months. The doctor is only in once a week so a Licensed Nurse Practitioner saw me. Besides the long wait time (almost an hour), I did not experience the same issues as others. The staff was courteous and so was the LNP who answered all my questions and did not rush.
Unprofessional office staff, specifically Gina at the front desk, rolls her eyes to the staff member next to her today when I showed up 15 minutes late to my appointment. This office books their patients so close together and will make you wait over an hour for your appointment, but when you call and tell them you're late but you're right outside they turn you away. There is no sense of compassion from the staff. Compassion training is not order for this staff member.
II was very pleased with the care I receied at Dr. McCormack's office. The nurses were caring and very professional. I would highly recommmend Dr. McCormack's office for dermotology care.
in Brick, NJ |
I have been here before and never had a problem but today was ridiculous! I sat in an empty waiting room for a half hour but I really didn't mind that! But then I was called into the room to see the doctor and after waiting in there for slightly OVER AN HOUR, I got up off the table and walked out!!! They were eating their damn lunch while patients were in the rooms waiting for them!!! Never going back!!!
in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ |
I was made to wait for over an hour before being seen. I had an appointment with the Dr. but was given a PA. My annual checkup took about 5 minutes in which time I had to ask the PA to check my head. I was then told I had a mole that they thought should be removed. I was told to make an appointment and come back. Every other dermatologist I have seen does this in the same visit. When I went back I refused to pay the copay and was refused service. They are double billing you and your insurance co
in Brick, NJ |
Went here because they had a short wait for appointments, definitely not worth it. Saw a PA or nurse, not Dr. Mccormack, and they misdiagnosed me & gave me a medication that ended up severely damaging my skin and leaving scars on my face. I never leave online reviews, but i'm SO upset with my experience here.
in Staten Island, NY |
Not sure about these reviews, I honestly can't believe what people say she is amazing, why else would she be a top Doctor years in a row by New York Times? I have been with Doctor McCormaxk for years she takes care of me and my children when needed. It pains me to read otherwise. All doctors have a wait, but she is not excessive; it is a busy office but that is a good thing. I was with Doctor McCormaxk yesterday for Botox and fillers. Amazing and natural work! Thank you Patricia! - see you soon
Have you seen Dr. Patricia McCormack, MD?
Are you Dr. McCormack?

Compare Dr. McCormack

Dr. McCormack says...

Dr. McCormack's Responses to Reviews:

03/26/16:

I do apologize that you were not satisfied with your visit to our office. I do work with multiple patients at the same time in different rooms, so it is possible that more than one patient has the same appointment time. Patients are not "turned" away for being 15 minutes late, although lateness of excessive amount of time may result in rescheduling. Our staff is trained to be kind and compassionate, and to hear of them being otherwise.

01/18/16:

We are sorry on this visit that you were left waiting. As we discussed with you that day, and apologized for the wait, a medical emergency did take precedence. When we discussed this with you directly, you mentioned you were happy to wait to see the doctor, rather then reschedule as we had offered. We apologize that you went home and then felt differently about the situation. We hope that you will give us a second chance.

Dr. McCormack's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. McCormack has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. McCormack's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Bedsores
  • Birthmark
  • Candidiasis of Skin and Nails
  • Cellulitis
  • Cold Sore
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Dermatitis
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Ulcer
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

Graduated in 1981

Rutgers Med School
    New York Med College
    Meml-Sloan Kettering Ctr

Completed in 1974

Dr. McCormack does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McCormack and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology