Dr. Patricia McClerklin, MD

Dr. Patricia McClerklin, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Patricia McClerklin, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Columbia, SC. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

112 Doctor Cir

Columbia, SC 29203

Learn about Dr. McClerklin

See how frequently Dr. McClerklin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
Itchy Skin
Skin Infections

Dr. McClerklin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Penile Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Howard Univ Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Howard U
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Howard University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. McClerklin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McClerklin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McClerklin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McClerklin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McClerklin to family and friends
1.9
Dr. McClerklin's Performance
    Over 45 minutes
in Orangeburg, SC |
Worst experience EVER. She slums to Orangeburg, SC once a week for an apparent cash grab. The waiting area is filthy and over run. I had to stand up pressed in a corner for an hour and a half. She spent about 90 seconds with me, she nastily tells me that she "doesn't keep the kind of needle that she needed for me at this office" and that I would have to come back, like that would ever happen. She charged me my $35 copay and billed my insurance over $100 for nothing. Avoid.
This is a rip off!! I only visited once and I already paid almost $500 for medication and a bunch of more unnecessary stuff. She only seen me for 2 minutes she is all about money. The wait was 2-3 hours. The staff are very friendly. She needs to take her time and stop being money hungry. Don't schedule 10 people at once if you can't handle it.
in Darlington, SC |
My visit with Dr. McClurklin was great. The wait time wasn't long and she was great at diagnosing my problem. My only 2 issues were are waiting room. Which could use renovations and she's a bit expensive. Other than that I would recommend anyone to her
in Sumter, SC |
She's always over scheduling people so you sit in the office for hours at a time. The office is small so it's always crowded. You wait forever and then McClerklin comes in there ask what you want (NO BEDSIDE MANNERS AT ALL) and rushes out! Her BEST staff member Lucy is no longer there. After my last visit I promised myself I would NEVER go back to her if she was the last person on earth after what I experienced.
Douglasville, GA |
Doctor is not considerate of patients' time! 12 patients had appointments at about the same time. The waiting room was over flowing!
in Blythewood, SC |
We did not just leave this place we ran from it. The smell was horrible and it was hot, staff seemed nice enough but the building was filthy and we were put in some back room the sink was blocked there were medical supplies open and ready to be used on boxes there was dead bugs. Made my skin crawl. Also the patient files were stacked in towers on the floor. Just don't is all I have to say.
in Chester, SC |
Listen to everyone. I wish I had read this. Packed, filthy, stinky waiting room where you will sit for hours, but that is only if you aren't too frightened to go into the building from seeing it on the outside. My son said he would not see a doctor in that place so we left. I cannot rate her because we never made it that far. I understand she sees patients other drs won't but scheduling should be done better. See them but not at the same time. If you choose to go bring Lysol.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Folks theres a lot I could say but I'll just sum it up this way DON'T DO IT.You'll be sorry.
Bennettsville, SC |
Extremely long wait to be seen only for the Dr to spend 2 minutes with the patient. Staff is rude, I asked if there was somewhere I could change my son's diaper and was told not really they also have limited seats. Other patients rude as well, just an all around tacky environment!!
in Columbia,SC |
Very unprofessional and does not take time to get to the exact problem at hand with her patients. Prescribed medicine for Psoriasis had an allergic reaction to the medicine. I had to go to the ER for relief. Staff are rude and very unprofessional as well. The building is nasty and dirt is on the walls. First, doctor I've been to and makes patient pay before services are rendered. I would never recommend to a dog. The building also stinks.
in Ft Mill, SC |
Dr. McClerkin and her staff were wonderful and very kind when dealing with my 11year old daughter. She had to have a mole removed from her leg and received 5stitches. They went above and beyond to make her feel comfortable and to not be nervous. Since this was the first time my daughter had anything like this done, I was so pleased and impressed with how they treated her. When we left my daughter said mom I like them, they made me feel like family!
I had to bring my son here because it's what that our insurance covered. After driving over an hour, I had no other choice but to stay. Over crowded waiting areas and the room we were seen in were absolutely disgusting! We had to wait in their break room and they were washing medical supplies in a sink with a toothbrush. After 2 and 1/2 hours we were finally called back. I literally started to cry because the room was so disgusting and I couldn't believe I had to bring my son here!
in Columbia, SC |
I should have listened to the warnings. This raggedy excuse of a practice should be condemned. The building looks somewhat ran down inside & the two hour wait in a waiting room that was over capacity was pure torture. I eventually got up and left. This place is terrible. I really wanted to support a black business, but I cannot support this practice. This place needs to be shut down.
in Lexington, SC |
Took my 6mo,we sat 2 hours in a dirty waiting room w/dead bugs.Waiting room is cramped/the baby was screaming.Went back to a procedure room where the doctor rushed in,explained nothing/announced that she needed to do a biopsy,stuck the baby with a needle for anesthetic and cut him.Called for biopsy results a week later/told the doctor was not in the office and that she was the only one allowed to tell me results.Called the next day and was hung up on twice before someone (NOT DR) to tell results
in South Carolina |
Worst experience in my life. Her staff took me back and I waited for her for 2 hrs. Not a I'm sorry or anything. I had an appointment. People that were in the waiting room after me had come and gone. She finally got to me when it was time to close. Then she rushe'd me out. I'm mad shocked and disgusted. I rode 2hrs just to see her
in St. Matthews, SC |
I felt dehumanized by the check in procedure and wait time in the waiting room. I ended up leaving and rescheduling with another clinic. I have heard that Dr. McClerklin herself is good, but the disrespect through her scheduling procedures is a barrier to me being able to use her.
Have you seen Dr. Patricia McClerklin, MD?
Are you Dr. McClerklin?