Psychiatry  |
Dr. Patricia King, MD
Dr. Patricia King, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Chesapeake, VA. She is 56 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

2101 Executive Drive Suite 730 Hampton Virginia 23666

816 Greenbrier Cir Ste 209

Chesapeake, VA 23320

• Anthem
  • MVP Health Care
  • Optima Health

Learn about Dr. King

Dr. King's Experience

Dr. King's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

Dr. King does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Howard University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Eastern Virginia Medical School
  • Psychiatry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. King has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. King has no media or publications listed.

Dr. King does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. King and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. King's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. King to family and friends
3.2
Dr. King's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Chesapeake, VA |
I have been going to Dr. King for years and I will never change. Though the appointments are supposed to be 15 minutes, they never feel rushed. She actually sits there with you and goes over your overall health each time and makes sure your medication is working. I don't even think she has to look at my chart to see what we talked about from our last visit, I think she has a genuine care for each of her patients.
Chesapeake, VA |
I've seen Dr king for many years now. She is highly professional and attentive to her patients needs. She shows empathy and caring for her patients.
in Moyock, NC |
I have been with this practice for almost ten years now. Everyone is wonderful. I love the front desk, the ladies always make me laugh and feel right at home. Dr. King has been an amazing help for my entire family. It never feels forced. It's genuine concern! Thank you for being there for my family through all of our ups and downs!
in Newport News, VA |
I am the type of person that I hate going to the doctor. However, I am completely satisfied with Dr King and her staff. First of all, the lady that works the phone, Monigue I believe is one of the sweetest person I have encountered in a long time. She has gone out of her way to help me. Brenda is who I see for med checks. She takes her time with me (and I am sure others as well) and explains everything and answers every question I ask. Would recommend anyday.
Dr. King has worked with me for years and truly puts every effort into helping her patients. She is incredibly smart, empathetic, kind and willing to work with you, whatever the circumstance. I would recommend her anyday--she is amazing!
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. King and Associates is great psychiatry to go to. Front staff is amazing. Most importantly Ms. Monica who handles the job very smoothly and professionally. Dr. King herself, is an amazing woman who bends over backwards for her staff and patients making sure the job gets done. I always refer people who are looking for med management or even just counseling to go to Dr.Kings in chesapeake or even in hampton. Shoutout to the vets holding it down still in hampton, Brenda P. & Dianne B. YOU ROCK!
Chesapeake, VA |
I have been seeing Dr. King for quite awhile and she is always kind, knowledgeable and professional. The front desk staff were very helpful and courteous.
Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. King is always professional, easy to talk to, listens, is helpful and shows that she cares about her patients.
in Suffolk VA |
I have had the worst time with this office keeping appointments. I've been rescheduled and cancelled on so many time, its infuriating. Obviously my mental health is NOT a priority to the staff here and I will be looking elsewhere soon. Shame on me for staying as long as I have.
Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. King is the BEST. After years of seeing different doctors and therapists, I finally found Dr. King. She is the ONLY doctor who was able to get my child where she needed to be. I now have a happy, healthy and well rounded child who enjoys life. Dr. King listens to my concerns and helps us in any way that she can. Also, Monica and Tiffany in the office are wonderful to work with. They make me feel like my concerns are their own.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Great doctor, front offices is not on the same page for mental health patient care. Cant get refills cant speak with the same person who knows anything. Gone through withdrawals at least twice in the last 6 months because the office cant get things refilled. I have to wait three months to get into the office and then in the mean time no one cares that meds are not being filled in a timely manner. I am bipolar and have repeated ask for the doctor to give me a call. Would not recommend.
Chesapeake |
I have been a patient here for over a year, the front desk is a NIGHTMARE and my prescriptions are NEVER called in when I am told they will be. I normally find myself waiting at least two weeks after the time they say they will call them in. The phones are never answered, messages are never returned, and every time I bring this up to the dr NOTHING changes. Just knowing that I have an appointment coming up stresses me out beyond belief because I know how horrible the experience will be.
in Chesapeake, VA |
I've tried for a week to get an appointment. I have called and left multiple messages and none have been returned. Guess they are to busy for more patients. Going to find a new doctor.
in Chesapeake, VA |
To start "THEY NEVER ANSWER THEIR PHONE!!" Not only that, I waited 3 months for an appointment to only have them call and leave a message, on my answering machine stating that I needed a referral from my primary Dr, the day before my appointment (not even a 24 hour notice). I can't get a referral that quick!! So I missed that appointment!! I called the other day and they have yet to call me back. I'm so over this office. I love Dr King, she's a great Dr but it's not worth jumping through hoop
in Virginia Beach, VA |
She's a great doctor, a pleasant person, and easy to talk to.
in Chesapeake virginia |
I've been going here for three years. I usually see Kelly but last time I saw Jessica. Both are wonderful. Sometimes I have to change my appointment at least 2 or 3 times which I know is the pain. front desk is always gracious and courteous. Whenever there's an issue I usually talk to Nicole and she really gets back with me with an answer within an hour. I've never had a great experiences here and I know I'm not the easiest person sometimes.
in Winton, Va |
I have never had anything but positive experiences with Dr. King. Her front desk staff was another story. Something has changed b3cause the phone is answered, calls are returned and when I was there this week, I didn't feel like I was imposing on the front desk.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. King and her staff are incredibly professional and helpful. I would recommend this office to anyone!
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr King, herself, is great, but the front desk staff definitely leaves something to be desired! Ironically, she shares an office with another counseling service and their front desk staff are fabulous; and they sit side-by-side! Once, I got off the phone with Dr. King's staff member who was extremely rude and wrote down information wrong despite repeating it as requested -- I immediately hung up and called to make an appt. with the counselor's side and was helped quickly and efficiently.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. King and her professional counseling staff are fabulous! However, the front desk is horribly mismanaged, unprofessional and completely rude, IF you can get them on the phone. One of the few people that helped and did so with a smile on her face recently left. They need to invest in a person solely dedicated to answering the phones AWAY from where patients can see them.
I have spent 5 weeks trying to have an important prescription renewed. After making numerous calls for several weeks only to reach their recorded message and after finally reaching a person that promised to phone in the prescription nothing happened. No prescription, no returned phone call, NO record of me calling. This is negligent and dangerous for patients.
in Suffolk, VA |
I have been meeting with the PA, Kelly, who is wonderful. I have been going there for 4 years, and moved out of the area and drive 2 hours to still see her as a patient. For a while, Kelly was in a different office and the service was wonderful. The problem is not the Doctor or the professional team, it is with the front staff. I have not been able to reach them directly for at least 2 years. Since I have been a patient for so long, I have seen the deterioration of the staff.
They will not assist in helping you unless you have an appt. For instance they will not refill your script if you miss appt due to surgery & make you wait 2 weeks or more to get your needed medication so that they can get your $ just to give you a script & send you on your way. They give you the runaround with no intentions on truly doing what you asked. Very unprofessional for a mental health facility I'd say. I think they are used to low income patients, that's how I feel like I'm treated.
in Chesapeake VA |
It's VERY difficult to get them on the phone.They mainly use a voice recording, saying that are at lunch ALL DAY!If it's not that recording,then it's a recording of them saying that they are on the other line.Each voice recording does ask for you to leave a message but it ALWAYS takes them forever to call you back.Sometimes I have to call them back, after they have yet to do so in a timely manner or in the time frame that they had indicated,that they would do so,to begin with.
in ches va |
I agree with the other things about the front office personnel. Nobody answers the phone, no returned messages, put on hold FOREVER and thats if someone does answer. Have had two different situations now calling for a week leaving messages on voice recorder and the personnel working there to have the doc call me. I have my apt with doc they never got the message to call me. I am thinking about taking my business elsewhere also!!! Just hate to start over took me awhile to open up :(
in Chesapeake, VA |
I echo everyone's experience with the front office. I can never get through to actually call a person. Dr. King, you have lost another patient!! I am going elsewhere. You need to do something about the way the phones are handled or you will be out of business.
in Virginia |
I left 4 messages b/c phones went unanswered each time I called to schedule an appointment for an existing patient. None were returned. I called again, only to hear that the office was currently closed, as it is every day between 12 and 12;30 and my message would be returned. However, it was 2:05 PM. I called again and pressed 0 to be directed to ext 500. It rang for more than 5 minutes, clicked off. I called twice again, A put me on hold 7 mins. call dropped! Emergency VM was full. Wow!
Virginia Beach, VA |
Called the office to see why they have not responded to VA Beach Psychiatric Hospital's query to get an appointment set up so they could release my spouse. I called at 2:34 PM and got a recording. It said the office was at lunch which the recording said is from 12:00 to 12:30. Not at all happy with the lack of professionalism. The VA Beach Psy. Hospital has been trying since this morning.
in Portsmouth, VA |
I will be trying to obtain another office for my son. I have had nothing but bad experiences with this office. To book an appointment, you can never get through to the office. A recording comes on almost everytime I call, regardless of time of day. As a new mom of an ADHD child, this frustrates me!!! I will be taking my child someone else in the future.
Have you seen Dr. Patricia King, MD?
Are you Dr. King?