Dr. Patricia Y. King, MD

Dr. Patricia Y. King, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Dr. King Jones and Associates 816 Greenbrier Cir Ste 209, Chesapeake, VA 23320 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. King specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Chesapeake, VA. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. King? Add your own statement here.

Dr. King's Experience

81Experience
Match

See how Dr. King's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. King

Dr. King accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. King's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. King to family and friends
2.9
Experience with Dr. King
Dr. King's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (33)
in Virginia Beach, VA |
She's a great doctor, a pleasant person, and easy to talk to.
in Chesapeake virginia |
I've been going here for three years. I usually see Kelly but last time I saw Jessica. Both are wonderful. Sometimes I have to change my appointment at least 2 or 3 times which I know is the pain. front desk is always gracious and courteous. Whenever there's an issue I usually talk to Nicole and she really gets back with me with an answer within an hour. I've never had a great experiences here and I know I'm not the easiest person sometimes.
in Winton, Va |
I have never had anything but positive experiences with Dr. King. Her front desk staff was another story. Something has changed b3cause the phone is answered, calls are returned and when I was there this week, I didn't feel like I was imposing on the front desk.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. King and her staff are incredibly professional and helpful. I would recommend this office to anyone!
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr King, herself, is great, but the front desk staff definitely leaves something to be desired! Ironically, she shares an office with another counseling service and their front desk staff are fabulous; and they sit side-by-side! Once, I got off the phone with Dr. King's staff member who was extremely rude and wrote down information wrong despite repeating it as requested -- I immediately hung up and called to make an appt. with the counselor's side and was helped quickly and efficiently.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. King and her professional counseling staff are fabulous! However, the front desk is horribly mismanaged, unprofessional and completely rude, IF you can get them on the phone. One of the few people that helped and did so with a smile on her face recently left. They need to invest in a person solely dedicated to answering the phones AWAY from where patients can see them.
I have spent 5 weeks trying to have an important prescription renewed. After making numerous calls for several weeks only to reach their recorded message and after finally reaching a person that promised to phone in the prescription nothing happened. No prescription, no returned phone call, NO record of me calling. This is negligent and dangerous for patients.
in Suffolk, VA |
I have been meeting with the PA, Kelly, who is wonderful. I have been going there for 4 years, and moved out of the area and drive 2 hours to still see her as a patient. For a while, Kelly was in a different office and the service was wonderful. The problem is not the Doctor or the professional team, it is with the front staff. I have not been able to reach them directly for at least 2 years. Since I have been a patient for so long, I have seen the deterioration of the staff.
They will not assist in helping you unless you have an appt. For instance they will not refill your script if you miss appt due to surgery & make you wait 2 weeks or more to get your needed medication so that they can get your $ just to give you a script & send you on your way. They give you the runaround with no intentions on truly doing what you asked. Very unprofessional for a mental health facility I'd say. I think they are used to low income patients, that's how I feel like I'm treated.
in Chesapeake VA |
It's VERY difficult to get them on the phone.They mainly use a voice recording, saying that are at lunch ALL DAY!If it's not that recording,then it's a recording of them saying that they are on the other line.Each voice recording does ask for you to leave a message but it ALWAYS takes them forever to call you back.Sometimes I have to call them back, after they have yet to do so in a timely manner or in the time frame that they had indicated,that they would do so,to begin with.
in ches va |
I agree with the other things about the front office personnel. Nobody answers the phone, no returned messages, put on hold FOREVER and thats if someone does answer. Have had two different situations now calling for a week leaving messages on voice recorder and the personnel working there to have the doc call me. I have my apt with doc they never got the message to call me. I am thinking about taking my business elsewhere also!!! Just hate to start over took me awhile to open up :(
in Chesapeake, VA |
I echo everyone's experience with the front office. I can never get through to actually call a person. Dr. King, you have lost another patient!! I am going elsewhere. You need to do something about the way the phones are handled or you will be out of business.
in Virginia |
I left 4 messages b/c phones went unanswered each time I called to schedule an appointment for an existing patient. None were returned. I called again, only to hear that the office was currently closed, as it is every day between 12 and 12;30 and my message would be returned. However, it was 2:05 PM. I called again and pressed 0 to be directed to ext 500. It rang for more than 5 minutes, clicked off. I called twice again, A put me on hold 7 mins. call dropped! Emergency VM was full. Wow!
Virginia Beach, VA |
Called the office to see why they have not responded to VA Beach Psychiatric Hospital's query to get an appointment set up so they could release my spouse. I called at 2:34 PM and got a recording. It said the office was at lunch which the recording said is from 12:00 to 12:30. Not at all happy with the lack of professionalism. The VA Beach Psy. Hospital has been trying since this morning.
in Portsmouth, VA |
I will be trying to obtain another office for my son. I have had nothing but bad experiences with this office. To book an appointment, you can never get through to the office. A recording comes on almost everytime I call, regardless of time of day. As a new mom of an ADHD child, this frustrates me!!! I will be taking my child someone else in the future.
Have you seen Dr. Patricia Y. King, MD?
Are you Dr. King?

• Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1989

Eastern Virginia Medical School
    Eastern Virginia Medical School
    Psychiatry

Completed in 1993

Howard University

Dr. King has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. King has no media or publications listed.

Dr. King does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. King and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. King's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. King

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. King's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. King

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients