Dr. Patricia Gallegos, DO

Dr. Patricia Gallegos, DO

Family Medicine | Female

Northwest Primary Care Group 12360 SE Sunnyside Rd Clackamas, OR 97015 Get Directions

My philosophy of practicing medicine has always been to embrace every person as a whole being; physical, emotional, and spiritual. I am honored to be chosen as your doctor to help you with your healthcare and to fully practice holistic medicine with you as a partner. Your life and health is precious. I see all ages in my practice. I have a strong respect and admiration for the elderly as well as young mothers and fathers who are new to juggling life?s challenges.

The desire to become a doctor began in my high school years at St Mary's Academy in downtown Portland. I loved helping people and wanted the challenge medical school would bring. Throughout my high school years, I worked with kids with disabilities, in nursing homes, in hospitals, and as a nanny for 2 children. These experiences painted a full picture for me and helped me gain a better understanding of what area of medicine I wanted to pursue. That full picture provided the 'Ah Ha' moment that was the birth of becoming a family medicine doctor giving me the opportunity to reach an entire range of people of all ages and abilities. In the mid 80's when I was interviewing for medical schools, I discovered a strong preference for osteopathic medicine. Their philosophy has always been to embrace every person as a whole being and recognize how essential it is to address everything; physical, emotional, and spiritual. Their approach to medical students was the same nurturing environment they encouraged for patients. Osteopathic body manipulation provided an alternative method of treatment to prescription medications. I am a wife, mother, sister, and daughter and embrace these roles as I do everything...with love and compassion. I see all ages in my practice and enjoy the differences the ages bring. I have a strong respect and admiration for the elderly as well as young mothers and fathers who are new to juggling life's challenges.

Dr. Gallegos' Experience

See how Dr. Gallegos' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gallegos

Dr. Gallegos accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Gallegos has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gallegos' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gallegos to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Gallegos Says:

Thank you for taking the time to answer the patient satisfaction survey.  Your responses help me to be a better partner in your healthcare.

Thank you!

Patricia Gallegos DO

Dr. Gallegos' Performance
Clackamas, OR |
Dr. Gallegos is a perfectly nice doctor willing to write prescriptions and referrals (eventually, after repeated inquiries) but nothing beyond that. She will not follow-up with you, when you send messages you will get a reply that seems a non sequitur (if you get a reply at all) and she will not help you manage a chronic condition with any kind of complexity. Communication & follow-through is a serious problem for this doctor, the only positive thing I can say is her nurse Dierdre is great.
Portland, OR |
I felt heard and understood, not rushed like I've felt with another provider. I appreciated the fact that she has someone to type for her. Another provider I've been seeing was always on the computer typing and looking things up. I appreciated the looking things up, but I liked Dr. Gallegos being able to spend quality time with me and asking for certain things to be noted for her typist. I look forward to having Dr. Gallegos as my primary care physician.
in Canby, OR |
Comes across very nice and understanding, but tells you one thing and does the other.
Have you seen Dr. Patricia Gallegos, DO?
Are you Dr. Gallegos?

Compare Dr. Gallegos

Dr. Gallegos says...

Dr. Gallegos' Care Philosophy

Dr. Gallegos says...

Thank you!

Patricia Gallegos DO

Dr. Gallegos' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice/OMT

Dr. Gallegos has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gallegos' Board Certifications

• Family Practice/OMT

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Western U Hlt Sci Col Osteo Med Of The Pacific

Graduated in 1991

Pacific Hospital Of Long Beach

Completed in 1992

Pacific Hospital Of Long Beach

Completed in 1994

University Of Oregon

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Gallegos does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gallegos and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Medicine