Dr. Parag Parekh, MD

Dr. Parag Parekh, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Parag Parekh, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in State College, PA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine in 2003 and specializes in ophthalmology, anterior segment ophthalmology, and more.Read his story

428 Windmere Dr

State College, PA 16801

• CoreSource
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Parekh

See how frequently Dr. Parekh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Herpetic Keratitis
Astigmatism

Dr. Parekh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Parekh's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Parekh "Dr Parag Parekh is the Founder of ClearView Eye Consultants, and is the area's only Board Certified, Fellowship Trained Ophthalmologist specializing in Cataract and Refractive Surgery, as well as Cornea and Glaucoma Surgery. He is skilled in the latest surgical techniques in Cataract Surgery with advanced technology lens implants and Refractive Surgery including Bladeless "All Laser" LASIK, PRK and the ICL (implantable contact lens). He also performs Corneal Surgery including DSEK (partial thickness cornea transplant), and Glaucoma Surgery including mimimally invasive techniques such as the iStent, Trab 360,Visco 360 and SLT (Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty)."

This content was provided by Dr. Parekh "Welcome to ClearView Eye Consultants, and thank you for placing your trust in us. We are passionate about improving the quality of your life through our vision-saving and vision-restoring procedures.

The focus of this ClearView Eye Consultants is surgery and I am dedicated to being the best surgeon I can be. I am continually refining my techniques to provide the latest technology and most effective care to my patients.

For example, I was one of the pioneers of Bladeless LASIK in our area and am the only surgeon in the area performing ICL surgery for patients who are not candidates for LASIK or PRK.

I helped create the ICE procedure (iStent, Cataract Surgery, ECP) for Glaucoma and I am the only surgeon in the area certified to implant the iStent device.

My total commitment to providing you with the best surgical care uses a team approach that integrates extraordinary administrative, technical and optometric team members to support you before, during and after your surgery."

• Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Photo Therapeutic Keratectomy
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • YAG Iridotomy
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine
  • Wilmer Eye Inst Johns Hopkins Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Minnesota Eye Consultants
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Parekh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parekh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parekh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Parekh's Reviews

4.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parekh to family and friends

Dr. Parekh's Performance

I have a wonderful first experience and look forward to my second experience with cataract surgery in a week. The process of evaluation and then surgery went very well and consistent with everything that I was told to expect. I found Dr. Parekh to be direct, to the point, and very willing to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Parekh not only invited my questions, but he answered them thoroughly and thoughtfully. He conveys confidence to his patients both before and on the day of surgery. My post surgical experiences have unfolded just as described. I've been impressed by the willingness of Dr. Parekh, Kerstin...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Parekh is absolutely amazing! He not only thoroughly reviewed options and procedures for my cataract surgery, be he also allayed any fears I had regarding the surgery. My vision is improving daily and I anticipate the same outcome for my other eye after surgery next week. I wish to thank...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
My experience with Dr. Parekh was all that I could hope for. Professional ,caring and on time. Same is true for all of the nurses and other people involved in my Parekh experience. I would also like to make sure that Dr. Brown and his staff are included in my kudos. Thanks to all. Chip Ward...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Parekh was very professional and caring. His attention to detail and my concerns was very reassuring to me. He took time with me and went over options and answered all my questions. I really appreciated that and also that if anything came up I would be able to reach him or someone from the...more
Are you Dr. Parekh?