Dr. Paolo Bolognese, MD

Dr. Paolo Bolognese, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Paolo Bolognese, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in New Hyde Park, NY. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Bolognese is affiliated with South Nassau Communities Hospital and North Shore University Hospital.

Dr. Bolognese's Experience

See how Dr. Bolognese's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bolognese

Dr. Bolognese accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bolognese has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bolognese's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bolognese to family and friends
    4.2
    Dr. Bolognese's Performance
    in Long Beach, NY |
    Im a 24 yr female & I have a chairi malformation, a syrinx, degenerative disc& joint disease, lower back pain, neck pain, herniated discs at every level with severe cord compression and pinched nerves. I had the first of 3 surgeries 12 days ago with Dr.Bolognese and he did an amazing job. The first surgery he removed the disc between L4 &L5 and he burned the end of my spinal cord tether to help with the syrinx pain. I feel like a whole new person. Thank Dr.B for giving me my life back
    in Laguna Niguel, CA |
    He isn't just a neurosurgeon, he is the trainer of neurosurgeons. When your life is on the line for Ehlers Danlos complications this is the doctor you want to see. I truly believe my son is alive today because we chose to travel across the country to see him.
    in New York, NY |
    Would Never recommend!
    in Wallkill New York, NY |
    Never will meet you after surgery always request you to email him. Families please be aware of unnecessary surgeries.He takes incredible risks for unnecessary procedures. Gives families yes you can attitude and then disappears for after care visits. My father is worse off after surgery. He never met him personally or a physical examination only saw through films and paper . Not my decision as a family member . A true Doctor cares as much for after care and not money . Surgery time excessive
    in Gilbert, AZ |
    Took me over 10 years to get accurately diagnosed, finally found Dr Bolonese. He diagnosed me accurately and did my surgery in 2011. All those chronic health issues related to my Chiari are gone. I think he'd be shocked to meet me now, he only saw me at my worst. Thank you Dr Bolonese for giving me my life back, it's appreciated more than you can know!
    I saw Dr Bolognese today and am beyond thrilled. I never imagined I could find a doctor who completely understood the complex combination of ehlers danlos syndrome and cranio cervical instability. He was fabulous. Extremely knowledgable, patient, easy to talk to, compassionate and answered all of our questions thoroughly. He will be doing more tests to see if I need surgery. If surgery is necessary, I have complete faith in his knowledge and skill to do the job well.
    in M-ville, Pennsylvania |
    I've been to many, many doctors throughout my 15 years of trying to feel better due to my horrible Chiari Malformation symptoms. I've even been to my local best doctors who always diagnosed me wrong. Dr. Bolognese is by far the nicest, most caring and most intelligent doctor I've ever seen. He is simply the best!!!!!!
    in Annville, KY |
    I cannot stress enough how wonderful this man is with the rare and unusual patients like me. He understands us, he does everything he can for us. He was the first in a long line of surgeons who believed me. He is the one who performed my brain surgery and I am so much better now, months later. I recommend him to anyone with chiari or its ugly sisters.
    Have you seen Dr. Paolo Bolognese, MD?
    Are you Dr. Bolognese?

Dr. Bolognese's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Aneurysm
    • Brain Aneurysm
    • Brain Cancer
    • Broken Neck
    • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Chiari's Deformity
    • Epilepsy
    • Hydrocephalus
    • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Meningiomas
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
    • Thrombosis

Universita Degli Studi Di Torino, Facolta Di Medicina E Chirurgia

Graduated in 1985

SUNY Downstate University Hospital Of Brooklyn

Dr. Bolognese does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bolognese and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
    • Carotid Ultrasound
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
    • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Nerve Block, Somatic