Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 53

Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Cary, NC. Dr. Gupta has more experience with Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Rex Hospital and WakeMed Raleigh Campus. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gupta to book an appointment.

Wake Ear Nose and Throat Specialists

115 Parkway Office Ct Ste 201 Cary, NC 27518

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Frequently Treated by Dr. Gupta

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Gupta treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Gupta treats other conditions, please contact the office at (919) 851-5636.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Gupta is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Audiometry
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Excision of Tracheal Tumor or Stenosis
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hearing Screening
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Middle Ear Implant Candidacy Evaluation
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Oral Cancer Screening
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Postnasal Drip
  • Rhinoseptoplasty
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sinusitis
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Gupta accepts

Dr. Gupta accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Wellpath Preferred PPO
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
Basic Plan

Dr. Gupta's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta

This was the most horrible experience I have ever had with a doctor. He came in, grabbed his card off the counter, and handed it to me. He made me feel like I was wasting his time. He told me he was underwhelmed and told me some story about medical school. He also said he didn't care what results an ultrasound showed and that he is the professional. I would never recommend him to anyone. On another note, the nurse and office staff seemed wonderful.
W – Dec 02, 2021
W, I'm sorry that you had this experience and I'd...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is very knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to all my concerns. I feel very comfortable and feel confident that Dr. Gupta and staff are providing me with excellent care.
Paula – Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta and his staff were all great, from scheduling to check out. I would highly recommend this practice.
Julie Carpenter – Oct 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Very friendly, professional and informative. I was suffering with a very bad sinus infection which was causing me much discomfort with an awful foul smell and facial pressure. After many different medications failed to correct the problem, I was referred to Dr. Gupta for a surgical procedure. The surgery went well. Did not have to take any pain meds because I did not experience any pain. There was little bleeding from the nostril which stopped overnight. I was back to my normal routine the next day and ten days later I'm doing fine. Great job Dr. Gupta.
Sep 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
I was suffering with a severely deviated septum for years. Due to seasonal allergies my right nostril was often almost all blocked. It was challenging to exercise and difficult to sleep as I was only breathing out of one nostril. My breathing also became so noisy, it was just awful. Not to mention the snoring at night! I finally decided to see what options were available to fix my condition. I went to see Dr. Gupta who reviewed CT scans and discussed my options. We decided surgery would likely fix the issue in the long-term and I scheduled the procedure. Dr. Gupta performed the surgery with a such level of skill that I can now finally breathe out of both nostrils. I don't sound like Darth Vader breathing anymore and I don't have to take allergy meds on a daily basis either because of the vast improvement in my nasal airflow. I'm now almost 4 months post-op and still 100 percent thrilled with the results. I highly recommend consulting Dr. Gupta with your ENT related concerns.
Silvana M. – Sep 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
The staff is professional. Dr. Gupta is informative and knowledgeable.
Sep 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta and his team are awesome. I had surgery for an extremely (like, EXTREMELY. Reallly really badly) deviated septum that was quick and easy, it healed perfectly and in seemingly record time. I didn't even need to have a debritment followup because Dr. Gupta and his team were so thorough and on-point with the process and aftercare. I'm currently having follow-up tests done for another condition in my ear. As always, his team is being extremely thorough and is chasing down every lead they can to get to the bottom of my issue. This is the only doctor's office I ever really look forward to coming into. Highly recommended.
Jon S – Aug 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
After months of sinus issues, Dr. Gupta gave me back my life. The surgery he performed has left me able to breathe as a normal person would. I came to Dr. Gupta from another ENT, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. March 1 was my first visit, totally blocked, and 4 months , surgery behind me , I am well on the road to a full recovery. My thanks and gratitude to Nurse Jackson and the staff that helped make this possible. Would highly recommend WAKE ENT SPECIALISTS to anyone in need of sinus relief. Bless you Dr. Gupta for all you have done.
Patricia Forrest – Jul 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta and Wake ENT are amazing! In February I started having severe breathing issues. I originally thought it was an allergy so I went (to a different Dr.) and had an allergy test - turns out that was not the issue. After seeing an Allergy specialist and a different ENT, who didn't listen to my concerns, I found Dr. Gupta. I explained my concerns. He listened and immediately scheduled a Cat Scan, identified the issue, and scheduled a procedure. There were no issues with the surgery. During the follow-up, he explained the next steps in detail. I trust that Dr. Gupta knows what he is doing. He has a supporting team who also knows their role and everyone is always professional and prompt. I have had nothing but good experiences during each visit. I highly recommend Dr. Gupta!
Van Belcher – Jun 18, 2021
Dr. Gupta's Reply –
Thank you Ms Belcher for your very kind review.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta recently took out my tonsils and he did a fantastic job! He took such great care of me and walked me through every step of the pre-op, procedure, and post-op! He really cares for all of his patients and makes sure they are comfortable and understand everything.
Apr 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta was very knowledgeable and went into great detail to explain what was going on with my daughters health. He was not overly aggressive in his treatment plan which I appreciate. My daughter had her adenoids removed and tubes inserted in her ears. It has made a WORLD of difference for her. The only negative experience for us was the wait time. We often times waited in access of 30 minutes to be seen. Other than that aspect I would highly recommend.
  • Long wait times
Sarah Murray – Apr 15, 2021
Thank you Sarah for your kind and honest review. ...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Had Balloon Sinuplasty procedure. Prep, procedure, and recovery went well. Breathing and sleeping better. Dr. Gupta and staff are friendly, thorough, and professional.
Henry Mitnaul – Apr 15, 2021
Thanks Henry, We so glad to hear that everything...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
I have had breathing problems through my nose and have had several problems with a stuffy nose and sinus infections over the 6-8 years. Every spring and summer constantly using sinus medicine to clear my sinuses. Always having the sniffles in the winter. Lately the sinus medications didn't help and I had a sinus infection that took two prescriptions. My sinuses were getting worse not better. I cough constantly due to the drainage from my sinuses and this disturbed my sleep. Dr. Gupta told me that he could help me with my difficulties and give me a much improved life. I was diagnosed with a deviated septum. I have heard nightmarish stories about the operation to correct this. Dr. Gupta said he corrected this in a better way. Well after the procedure no pain, very little bleeding and I was totally functional. Kudos to Dr. Gupta and his staff. The staff is outstanding. You feel like a family member instead of a patient. He and his staff ensured that everything they did was painless.
Don Hartman – Apr 13, 2021
Thanks Don for your very kind review and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Another doctor put a tube in my ear and I was told it would fall out in 1 to 2 years. It did not fall out in the prescribed timeline. I was concerned and as that doctor had sold their practice to Dr. Gupta, I went and saw him and asked him to remove it. He asked why I needed the tube/why was it installed. I explained I had an ear infection that would not go away with a prescription the family doctor prescribed. I was then referred to the other ENT doctor who installed the tube. He then asked what the other doctor did to find out the cause of the infection as he did not want the problem to resurface if the tube was removed. As the prior doctor only did a visual exam, he had me get a CT scan. Three abnormal things were observed that he is in the process of correcting. Septoplasty & Turbinate surgery went well. Breathing through my nose now. As you can see he is all about fixing the problems not the symptoms. Dr. Gupta and his staff are very friendly.
Angus – Apr 03, 2021
Thanks Angus, We really appreciate the review and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta did sinus balloon surgery for me and I feel like a new person now. Dr. Gupta took the time to clearly explain first of all my options and then the procedure itself. He is super nice and easy to talk to. His staff is also great. Everyone I've talked to in his office has been so very nice and helpful. I'm so glad I found Dr. Gupta and his team! I would highly recommend Dr. Gupta!
Janine – Mar 14, 2021
Thanks Janine, We really appreciate your kind...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
My visit was very special in the fact it is Saturday late evening and Dr. Gupta volunteered and in fact went the extra mile to make himself available. Knowing I had suffered with my symptoms for a few days he worked with me to find a 24 hr pharmacy to get my meds as quickly as possible. Needless to say the entire experience far exceeded my expectations! Thanks a million Dr. Gupta! Kent Jackson- Holly Springs
Kent Jackson – Feb 21, 2021
Dr. Gupta's Reply –
Thanks Kent for your kind review
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Very informative and knowledgeable.take time to explain everything.
Feb 16, 2021
Thank you for your kind review and we appreciate...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
I have had chronic ear problems for years. When I visited Dr. Gupta he suggested that I have an ET Dilation rather than put in another tube since I had already had 3 tubes put in by other doctors and the problems continued. The ET Dilation procedure was July 16, 2020. The procedure was not invasive or painful and I have enjoyed better ear health since that time. I found Dr. Gupta and his staff to be compassionate and expert. I am grateful for their help.
Lynn Warren – Feb 12, 2021
Thanks you Lynn for your very kind review and the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Great Doctor, really cares about his patients.
Louis Ceglia – Feb 06, 2021
Thanks Louis for you very kind review. We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta @ Wake ENT Cary, NC Dr. Gupta and his staff provided excellent care and expertise in their field and followed all safety procedures during Coronavirus pandemic, including mask requirements, for patients and staff and temperature checks at check-in. They also provide COVID Testing, even though they don’t have an in-office lab. Other medical facilities should be following their example! I feel so fortunate to have such a caring, compassionate Dr.
Feb 02, 2021
Thank you for your very kind review. We greatly...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pankaj Gupta, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gupta?

Dr. Gupta and his team include Jackie White(PAC), Megan Silveus (PAC) and Dr. Ellen Wilson (Audiologist) in Sanford and Dr. Sarah Patz (Audiologist) in Cary.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat