Dr. Pamela J. Basuk, MD

Dr. Pamela J. Basuk, MD

Dermatology | Female

Basuk Dermatology 2011 Union Blvd Ste 1, Bay Shore, NY 11706 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Basuk specializes in Dermatology and practices in Bay Shore, NY. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Basuk? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Basuk's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Basuk's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Basuk

Dr. Basuk accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Basuk has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Basuk's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Basuk to family and friends
3.3
Experience with Dr. Basuk
Dr. Basuk's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (41)
in Carle Place, NY |
I went to Dr. Basuk a few months ago to look at a skin issue and thank god I did. The wait was about 15 minutes, but I expect that since all doctors offices have waits. I have a wedding coming up in December and my dress is open back and needed the skin on my back treated ASAP. In the past I went to a few different doctors for it and they wrongly diagnosed it. Dr. Basuk was really patient and listened to all my questions about my skin issues. She diagnosed my problem that day.
New York, NY |
I never leave reviews but I left this office so upset by the way I was treated by Dr Basuk that I can't help it. I waited over an hour and a half to be seen and when I did see Dr Basuk she was rude and short with me. I felt once she came in and looked she was quick to cut me off and get me out. People who go to dermatologist are usually uncomfortable or concerned about something on their skin as why I was there instead of helping she made me feel like I was a diseased idiot. I will not go back.
in W Brentwood, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Basuk. She is a great doctor all around. Sometimes you have to wait a while, but she is well worth it. The whole staff is great.
in Bay Shore, NY |
I am surprised by some of the negative reviews here. I am a longtime patient of Dr Basuk. I think she is an excellent Physician, warm, caring and probably most important, very thorough in her review of your dermatological needs/condition. She seems interested in me as a patient, and as a person. I find her office environment to be immaculate, inviting and very progressive in adopting technology for record keeping and patient safety. Her office staff have been pleasant to deal with and helpful
in West Babylon, NY |
never saw her last visit. wait time is unbearable. this time she has other procedured lined up in front of appointment after waiting for 1/2 hr. with no ETA. Had to leave. Will find another dermotologist.
in Bay Shore, NY |
Awful experience every time I go, Dr. Basuk is rude and disrespectful. Wait time in the waiting room is at least one to two hours long. When you finally get in to see her, she is short with you, rude, and treats you like an idiot. I don't care how good of a doctor you are, there is no reason to treat your patients this poorly. She's quick to cut something off without providing full information then leaving you with an awful scar. There are many better Dr's around, no reason to go here.
in Lindenhurst, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Basuk for approx. 7 yrs now. I could not be happier. She is always thorough with her examine & takes the time to talk to you & ask if there are any questions or concerns.
in North Babylon, NY |
She came highly recommended years ago. I would never see any Dermatologist but Dr. Basuk. I also have referred friends to her who are extremely pleased. Today I had my yearly body check & other concerns. I left her office feeling confident and well taken care of. I have found Dr. Basuk to always address any concerns I may have. Today I walked right in. (You may have a wait but she is the best). Her office staff has always been friendly and courteous.
in Brentwood, NY |
She was my Dr. for many, many, years beginning in the 1980's until about 2013. I suddenly noticed a change in how her desk staff treated patients. They were less patient, one being rude. I mentioned it to the Dr. who said she'd speak to the person. Then a desk person left and the replacement was even ruder, rolling her eyes at patients, joking about some within clear hearing of the wait room. When the doctor berated me in front of an an assistant I knew this was no longer the practice for me.
Have you seen Dr. Pamela J. Basuk, MD?
Are you Dr. Basuk?

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Dermatitis Due to Drugs
  • Folliculitis
  • Hair Conditions
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Jock Itch
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pediatric Diseases

• Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Laser Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Puncture Aspiration

No malpractice history found for New York.

New York University School of Medicine

Graduated in 1984

Jacobi Mc Bronx McPl Hospital
    Brown University / Alpert Medical School

Dr. Basuk has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Basuk does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Basuk and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Basuk's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Basuk

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Basuk's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Basuk

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients