Dr. Paige Gault, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Dr. Paige Gault, MD
Dr. Gault is a member of the Gibbs Cancer Center Endocrine Interdisciplinary Team, which reviews thyroid and other endocrine cancer cases. After receiving her medical degree from the University of Florida, she completed her residency and fellowship training in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at the University of Utah. She is the only endocrinologist in the upstate of South Carolina who has received the professional designation of ENCU which indicates the highest level of experience and expertise in thyroid/parathyroid/neck ultrasound imaging and procedures. She enjoys spending time outside with her husband and their two children.

Dr. Gault's Care Philosophy

1811 patient surveys from 5/1/2016–5/1/2017 showed an average of 4.8 out of 5.0 rating for patient satisfaction, well above national averages.

Dr. Gault's Experience

See how Dr. Gault's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gault

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gault has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gault's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gault to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Gault's Performance
in Boiling Springs, SC |
Highly recommend. She diagnosed me with having thyroid cancer after having been "treated" by another endocrinologist who tole me everything was fine just a week previously. I have to have a complete thyroidectomy. I feel that Dr. Gault may have saved my life. she is very professional and thorough. Did an exam, ultrasound and biopsy all in one visit. Called me with biopsy results in less than a week.
Greenville, SC |
I have been seeing Dr Gault for almost 6 years and very satisfied with the care she provides. She is always available for my many questions and I never feel rushed which in today's healthcare world is very appreciated. I have and will continue to recommend Dr Gault.
Inman, SC |
Dr. Gault is very knowledgeable. She is willing to listen to any concerns you may have and offers helpful suggestions. She encourages you to make better choices with diet and exercise.
Spartanburg, SC |
If you are a patient that likes to take charge of your health and do your own research then this is NOT the doctor for you. She did not like the fact that I had done my research and when I asked about switching from Synthroid to WP Thyroid she shut me down. After a long debate she agreed, but told me that I would not be able to afford the medication. I was paying $35 for Synthroid with insurance and I purchased WP Thyroid for $20 without insurance. She lied to me, which I do not appreciate.
Inman, SC |
Dr. Gault is very professional and thorough. She took time to really listen to my concerns, answer my questions in detail, and I learned more about my condition with her than with many other doctors over the years. She is very straightforward and honest--she tells it like it is. Sometimes it's not want I want to hear :) but I know it's what I NEED to hear to take better care of my health. My sister also goes to her and feels the same way.
Easley, SC |
Great physician!
Greenville, SC |
After having me do bloodwork twice to confirm high hormone levels and making me have an MRI (which almost didn't happen bc her staff failed to submit it to insurance), I visited her for a follow-up to discuss treatment. She tells me that she wants more bloodwork before starting me on meds for a pituitary tumor the MRI had found. when I told her no, that i needed to start meds now, she got ill. She also told me it as no big deal and degraded me when i asked if it could be causing migraines.
Greenville, SC |
Saw her a couple of times when I was told by my primary doctor that my thyroid levels were off and I had hyperthyroidism. There is a long back story to why I was sick, but basically I had been exposed to black toxic mold that was airborne for 2 years. I mentioned this to her and she said she had never heard of it and blew it off. She didn't even see interested into looking into it. She was very abrupt and insensitive.
in Greenville, sc |
Diagnosed me with Hoshimotos and acted as though I was making up my symptoms as she could clearly see that I have an auto immune disorder! Only change in Meds was to prescribe the BRAND NAME drug that I've been taking for 5 years with no improvement. Very disappointed with appointment and hopefully will find another doctor
in Inman, SC |
Dr. Gault was the most insensitive and rude doctor I've ever been to. I felt horrible; no energy, brain fog, etc. She told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with me saying, If I polled my waiting room, over 1/2 of the people out there would have the same symptoms as you. After seeing a different endocrinologist (Greenville), I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, adrenal insufficiency, low testosterone, and was basically a hormonal wreck. I don't know why she is in this business!
I would not recommend Dr. Gault to any of my friends or family. She would only prescribe me synthroid It clearly was not working for me. When I asked her if I could try something else and get further testing done she said NO. Also, said she would tell my insurance company to refuse to pay for any further tests if completed. She seemed very close minded when I asked her about a book that was written about my condition. She said she didn't want to hear about that stuff and stays away from it.
Have you seen Dr. Paige Gault, MD?
Are you Dr. Gault?

Compare Dr. Gault

Dr. Gault says...

She enjoys spending time outside with her husband and their two children.

Dr. Gault's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gault says...

Dr. Gault is a member of the Gibbs Cancer Center Endocrine Interdisciplinary Conference Team, which reviews thyroid and other endocrine cancer cases. Dr. Gault is board certified in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism.

Dr. Gault says...

Dr. Gault has received her ECNU, a professional certification in the field of neck ultrasonography. This designation is given to those endocrinologists who have achieved the highest level of expertise and experience in thyroid/neck/parathyroid ultrasound and procedures such as thyroid nodule and lymph node biopsies which are used in the evaluation of benign and cancerous thyroid tumors.  She is skilled in cutting-edge treatments such as PEI (percutaneous ethanol injection) of thyroid cysts and parathyroid adenomas.

Dr. Gault's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Gault has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gault's Board Certifications

University of Florida

Graduated in 2000

University of Utah
    University of Utah

Dr. Gault does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gault and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism