Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD

Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology  ·

Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist in Sacramento, CA and has been practicing for 32 years. He specializes in clinical cardiac electrophysiology.

Mercy Medical Group

• HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • Networks By Design
  • Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
  • Western Health Advantage

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. O'Neill's experience treating your condition or procedure

Heart Surgery

Dr. O'Neill performs Heart Surgery more than 99% of his peers

Dr. O'Neill performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair

Dr. O'Neill performs Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair more than 98% of his peers

Dr. O'Neill performs this procedure more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Defibrillator Implantation

• Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Surgery
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors

The right treatment at the right time.

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

Mater Misericordia Hospital
Reg Hospital
University College Hospital
1979
University College Dublin, National University Of Ireland, School Of Medicine And Medical Science
1987
1979

Dr. O'Neill's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Neill

4.0

Dr. O'Neill?
Dr. O'Neill's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD
I was born with cardiomyopathy and have experienced dangerous arrhythmias as a result. My first defibrillator was installed in 1998. Dr. O'Neill has been my electrophysiologist since early 2016. Since then he has corrected atrial fibrillation by doing a successful heart ablation and prescribing appropriate medication. In March the doctor told me that it was time to change my defibrillator since the battery was low. He ordered an EKO to review my current condition and needs and found me to be at risk of developing heart failure since my ejection fraction was low. He scheduled me to get an upgraded devise that can help treat the cause of this which was installed two days ago. His office staff does an excellent job in every way and his team at Mercy hospital are amazing. I look forward to continued expert management of my continually developing condition by doctor O'neil and his team for many years to come.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
I am under Dr Oneill's treatment for 7 years including ICD and lead replacement and am very happy . Have been healthy and active !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
Had pacemaker implant. He explained thoroughly, but had a poor bedside manner--gruff. Never saw him after I left the hospital. First post-op appointment only saw tech for the pacemaker. Couldn't get through to office, could only leave a voicemail that went unanswered. Switched to another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
Dr. O'Neill. did not address some very serious after affects of an ablation. I complained for many weeks before any steps were taken to determine the problem. I later found out my diaphragm had been damaged which had affected my breathing and overall sense of well being. It has been a very difficult few years attempting to regain full diaphragmatic capacity which will likely never happen. O'Neill never took responsibility for his lack of action after the procedure. I do not recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
Dr. O'Neill screwed up my ablation surgery, which caused me to have to have a second surgery. In performing the surgery, Dr. O'Neill made a mistake and punctured the artery in my left leg, so he had to go through the right leg. However, he didn't properly address the puncture in my left leg, so I had internal bleeding for two days and had to have another surgery to fix his mistake. And that second surgery; I had to pay a large deductible because Dr. O'Neill didn't document it as an emergency.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. O'neill. He is personable and explained the procedure I was to have. A no nonsense doctor who is very efficient and easy to talk to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
Dr. O'Neill attempted unnecessary ablations which could have resulted in much bigger problems and he and his staff work hard to sell this procedure, which seems odd for a medical practice. Steer clear or get a second opinion before agreeing to any surgeries. Luckily we found a better more caring cardiologist and probably saved a life by going elsewhere. Regional Cardiology Associates runs more like a for-profit corporation than a medical office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. O'Neil's for over 15 years. He has performed many procedures including implantation of an ICD with care and maintence on it and medication. He can seem a little gruff but I like that about him. He has always treated me with straightforward explanations of a very difficult and complex condition that I have. I trust him completely and love his PA Ellie Vierra too. She understands the anxiety and emotions involved with patients. Office staff is great too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
We found Dr. O'Neill to be an awesome Cardiologist. We had rather have an A+ rated Dr. than to have a fair Dr. with a wonderful bedside manner. We found both of these things in Dr. O'Neill . He was great in explaining the procedure, , and couldn't have had a better outcome after the surgery. For those of you who complained about his bedside manner; you may want to think about everything that's going through this Dr.s mind about how he's going to repair your ailing heart, and explaing at the same
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
My husband and I were very concerned about him having a cardiac ablation done. Having met Dr. O'Neill, he was able to explain everything we needed to know, and found him to be very knowledgeable and thorough . We were extremely pleased with his demeaner and compitancy. We found him like able , yet sincere. Heart surgery is no joke. Ablation completed last week, and husband is doing great! Thank You Dr O'Neill ! Sandra and David Brecht
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
Most specialists have zero bedside manner but Dr O'Neill was hostile at both appointments. I felt on the defensive from the moment he began speaking. The person who accompanied me agreed. At followup appointment it was apparent the Doctor had not reviewed either my test results nor the reason for the appointment (medical issue) prior to entering the exam room. Did not provide any specific information only to say there was nothing significant with the results. - but the the issues detected.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?
I was referred to Dr. O'Neill 6 weeks ago for a consultation for an ablation. I found him to be informative and spent as much time as necessary to explain the procedure which I had done several days ago. All I can say is that the procedure went smoothly and the outcome is very positive. There is a 3 month healing time for scar tissue to form where the heart cells were ablated.....Be patient. The first three days are very critical....Follow the instructions you will be given.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padraig O'Neill, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. O'Neill?

Insurance accepted

Networks By Design
Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
Tricare
Western Health Advantage

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. O'Neill treats patients.

Compare Providers