Dr. Padmarekha Rao, MD

Dr. Padmarekha Rao, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Padmarekha Rao, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Old Bridge, NJ. She is 50 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

14 Woodward Dr Ste A

Old Bridge, NJ 08857

• Amerihealth
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Rao

See how frequently Dr. Rao performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Vertigo

Dr. Rao's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

Dr. Rao does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Essential Tremor
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Madurai Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr Mgr Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1989

Dr. Rao has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rao has no media or publications listed.

• Telugu

Dr. Rao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rao to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Rao's Performance
Red Bank |
If you are reading this review, find another doctor! The office staff is completely incompetent. The doctor said I most likely had MS and ordered a lumbar puncture that needed a preauthorization. The office staff REFUSED to do their part and provide the insurance company with documentation and never returned phone calls. I went to another doctor that said there is no evidence of MS so I had 3 weeks of stress and dealing with laziness and incompetence for no reason. Worst experience ever!
in SAYREVILLE |
I saw Dr. Rao yesterday for an EMG and I thought that she was kind, willing to listen, extremely gentle and very knowledgeable in her field. She recommended different solutions to me that might help with my issue. I had an EMG for another issue a few years ago and it was EXTREMELY painful. Although still not pleasant, Dr. Rao made it bearable. I also found the office to be clean and the assistant at the front desk to be very sweet.
in Old Bridge NJ |
Her office staff needs a complete overhaul--be prepared to do their job for them. Took them 3 weeks to submit paperwork that has been "in the chart" for 3 months, and they only faxed them after I called. 2 weeks later, after I've received confirmation 72 hrs after the fax, I call again to confirm they received something, & the girls told me it was denied, only to have them backtrack after I told them that I already received approval. Good doctor, but her office staff is useless.
Freehold, NJ |
Good Neurologist, awful wait times. I have been seeing Dr. Rao for several years for treatment of migraine headaches. During that time the issues with over-booking and hassles of getting medication refills have caused me to seek another doctor. When I started going to the office in 2014, wait times were typically 30-45 minutes, but are now routinely well over an hour. This is exacerbated, especially for migraine suffers by the addition of TVs playing looping medical videos.
Hazlet, NJ |
If you are reading this...PLEASE find another doctor! The doctor is ok, although her nerve report was incorrect. The staff is horrible!! My husband is suffering with nerve pain. I had to practically do their job to get the precert approved. Very poor follow up skills. The doctor recommended trigger point injections. Staff obtained approval after 2 weeks and NEVER called us to schedule the shots. The staff has attitudes, poor job skills, and very unfriendly. We will never return to this office.
in siuth river nj |
Place was clean and inviting receptionist was curtious seen in a timely manner
in Fords NJ |
I think Dr. Rao is a very gifted and talented Dr., however when an obvious mistake is made by the staff I believe the patient should not be responsible. Not advising the patient that a referral has expired, but taking your co-payment and sending a bill into the insurance company only to have the insurance company return the bill to the office stating referral expired. And then expecting the patient to pay for your error just doesn't seem quite right.
Hightstown, NJ |
Dr. Rao was my Doctor for over 7 years. I saw her for chronic migraines. There have been multiple times when the office called me to reschedule my appointment because Dr Rao wasn't going to be in that day. Dr. Rao also can not be contacted. I've had emergencies where I could not get a hold of her. The office says they don't know if she'll call in, she has NO back up. Lastly and worst off that I received a letter in the mail from her office telling me I was no longer her patient.WORST DR!
This doctor truly cares about her patients, she is very approachable, listens to everything ,does not rush you, and is spot on with her diagnoses .... I would reccomend her highly to anyone having neurological issues. Her staff is just as kind and sweet as she is, also if you have a question or concern, she herself calls you back instead of playing thru the grapevine with a staff member. I'd give her 1000 stars if I could. Fantastic office.
Have you seen Dr. Padmarekha Rao, MD?
Are you Dr. Rao?