Dr. Padmanabhan Raghu, MD

Dr. Padmanabhan Raghu, MD

Rheumatology  ·
Male

Contact for availability

Dr. Padmanabhan Raghu, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Chicago, IL. He specializes in rheumatology.

University Rheumatologists

1611 W Harrison St Ste 510

Chicago, IL 60612

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Raghu

Video

See how frequently Dr. Raghu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Pain
Arthritis
Fibromyalgia

Dr. Raghu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Raghu "Most of my patients have both pain in their joints and also have low energy levels or fatigue. The rheumatologist identifies this and tries to listen to the patient completely, and then examine the patient, and then come up with a plan. And first work with pain relief, and then control inflammation, and then work on improving the patient's quality of life. My research focus is chronic pain, specifically chronic knee pain in osteoarthritis. So because I'm a physician, and I see all these patients with chronic pain every day - especially knee pain - you understand this pain and then go the lab and look for clues in the tissue. And then try to connect the individual sensation and the microscopic findings we have in the tissue and then come up with an idea - how to control, hopefully completely terminate the pain sensation in patients with chronic arthritis. When I talk to my patients about lab research, a great many of them get very excited and some of them even feel very good that my doctor's doing something about the pain. So I see a direct connection between what I see in the patient and what I do in the lab."

• Rheumatology

Dr. Raghu does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Education data for Dr. Raghu is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Raghu has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Raghu has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Tamil

Dr. Raghu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Raghu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Raghu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Raghu

3.3

Dr. Raghu?
Dr. Raghu's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Padmanabhan Raghu, MD
I was diagnosed with a very rare condition and had a ton of questions and concerns and understandably, was visibly nervous and upset both times I saw Dr. Raghu. I didn't feel like he spent the time to listen to my concerns nor did I think he was truly an expert. While he gave me the correct...Read More
We're sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padmanabhan Raghu, MD?
I was referred to a Rheumatologist from my PCP, and I let the scheduler pick which doctor for me to see. I have never been happier with a doctor than I am with Dr. Raghu. He actually sat in front of me and listened to me. It was such a nice change from what I am used to. I feel he genuinely...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padmanabhan Raghu, MD?
Dr. Raghu was great doctor. He explained things very well and discussed all the treatment options very well. Would recommend this doctor to anyone who wants personal care. His staff was great. He gave knee injections had no pain at all from it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padmanabhan Raghu, MD?
Charts should be reviewed before waiting for an appointment and then jumping to treatment and tests which were not needed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Padmanabhan Raghu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Raghu?

Compare Rheumatologists