Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male

Dr. Pazmino

Spine Cal

2730 Wilshire Blvd Ste 500 Santa Monica, CA 90403

Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Santa Monica, CA. He specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Pazmino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pazmino

3.8

Dr. Pazmino?
Dr. Pazmino's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD
I interviewed four other surgeons before selecting Dr. Pazmino. I felt his skills set and his bedside manner far surpassed the others. Despite this I was still scared about my surgery and called his office several times and spoke to all the staff who are very supportive. Dr. Pazmino called me on his own and spoke with me for nearly 30 minutes to answer all of my questions and reassure me. The surgery was a major success and all of my fear was unfounded. I know others who had similar surgeries elsewhere and my experience was dramatically different. I was up and about the next day without any real restrictions. I highly recommend Dr. Pazmino.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
Outstanding. The most knowledgeable, honest and caring doctor I have had in a long time. He took the time to listen to my needs and concerns. He performed 2 surgeries. The night before each surgery he called me personally to check on me to make sure I was ready and to ease the concerns and fears I had. I highly recommend him to my family and friends. I would go back to him if I ever needed another surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
I am very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Pazmino for my neck surgery. My neck injury gave me years of suffering pain and headaches. The prospect of someone repairing my cervical spine was intimidating, however Dr. Pazmino was thorough, precise and gave me complete confidence in his skills from our very first meeting. He told me what to expect after the surgery and eased my anxiety about having this surgical procedure on my neck. Don't live in pain if you can be helped and pain free. His staff is well trained and really on top of things as far as communications, scheduling and responsiveness. Top marks and my humble thanks to all of you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
Just under 5 months from a (revision) ALIF with Dr. Pazmino. I chose Dr. Pazmino because I liked that he took the time to listen. I never felt rushed. I love visual info & he had detailed descriptions chronicling a time-line of all of the methods that I had tried prior to surgery, leaving no doubts that I had tried everything. He encouraged me to pursue/exhaust all conservative treatments. With the amount of information he educated me with, I was able to make an informed decision. Before the surgery my pain level was constantly between 7 (good day) & 9 (bad day). Though I am still recovering, I have shown an overall improvement in my pain & movements. Regarding being scared/nervous, my main concern was the idea that the spine is so delicate, but Dr. Pazmino & the anesthesiologist made me comfortable with the whole process. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days, which was not bad at all. I will follow up with how I am doing when I have reached one year post-surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
I came to doctor Pazmino after sustaining an injury that caused a disk herniation in my L-5. The quality of life after the injury was very uncomfortable and painful. I tried the conservative treatments such as chiropractic therapy and pain management,this went on for over 6 months. These temporary treatments did not provide the long term relief I hoped for and did not want to be dependent on them for months or years to come. I was recommended to Dr. Pazmino for a microdisectomy that would provide a long term solution. I was very nervous and intimidated to the thought of surgery especially since it would be performed on my spine which is a crucial part of our anatomy for every day life. After a consultation with Dr. Pazmino, I felt comfortable with the type of care and treatment he had to offer. He was very thorough in explaining and provided adequate and understandable information for the procedure. This gave me great confidence in him and decide to let him treat my injury.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
Ok Guys whoever is reading this review..! When I met doctor Pazmino did not feel he is the doctor..to be honest, he was very friendly smiley face taking time to listen to you. He found the reason of my pains in a few question and told me what is going on with me..smart and very intelligent guy. I would suggest him to all my family members and friends as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
Excellent Surgeon! At first, I had my doubts about this surgery like many others. I had never had any major surgery done and was extremely nervous. From the first pre-op visit Dr. Pazmino was there for me and had me feel more confident going into surgery. He helped me every step along the way to the day of the procedure. He performed ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion) on my upper neck. I woke up with no pain and walked out the hospital the next day. I am currently 2 months post-op and have been making a speedy recovery with very minimal scarring. He is an artist at what he does and is in his prime years, highly recommend this doctor to anyone and everyone looking for honest quality service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
I tell everyone I can about him he did surgery on my neck and had a great experience , from the friendly staff to the hospital they performed the surgery at. Right after the surgery with Dr. Pazmiño the pain and pressure I felt was gone I had almost zero pain during recovery. I need back surgery soon and I don't think I would have it done if another Dr. had to perform it. He gave me 3 options and left it up to me to choose he did not pressure me into it like someone else posted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
Careless staff could not find my mri. Nurse ran grip test incorrectly. Doctor kept talking about right arm numbness when problem was in left. Worst of all he dismisses all non surgical approaches with a photo of a unicorn and a dragon on his giant computer screen. This guy want to operate on anyone who walks in the door. Stay away
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?
They get you in and get you out. While that may seem like a "plus", it isn't. It just means they don't take the time to thoroughly assess the patient. I was referred here away from a five star ortho by my WC lawyer. The care that I received was substandard and he's rough with his assessment. The staff is rude and took them 10 days to submit authorization for treatment but were quick to send me to work the day after my appt. MRI results won't even be addressed for a month even if bad.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pablo Pazmino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pazmino?

Dr. Pazmino accepts

Dr. Pazmino accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Pazmino's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Pazmino's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Pazmino performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 27% of his peers

Dr. Pazmino performs this procedure more than 27% of his peers

Dr. Pazmino treats Herniated Disc more than 11% of his peers

Dr. Pazmino treats this condition more than 11% of his peers

Dr. Pazmino's conditions and procedures:

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty