Neurosurgery  |
Dr. P Jeffrey Lewis, MD
Dr. P Jeffrey Lewis, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Buffalo, NY. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with Erie County Medical Center, Kaleida Health Buffalo General Hospital, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo and Sisters of Charity Hospital.

Western New York Medical Park - A-105

550 Orchard Park Rd

Buffalo, NY 14224

Dr. P Jeffrey Lewis, MD

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Independent Health
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis' Experience

Dr. Lewis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Lewis does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Aneurysm
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • University Toronto
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Alberta Fac Med Hospital

Dr. Lewis has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lewis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lewis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lewis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lewis to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Lewis' Performance
in randolph ny |
Everyone has been very accommodating and professional. Surgery had a very positive result.
in Orchard Park, NY |
I had back and neck fusions
in Warsaw, NY |
I have Chiari Malformation and Dr. Lewis gave me my life back. I was in daily agony and passing out. My speech was going and my memory was shot. He performed Chiari decompression surgery in August and have been completely symptom free since. He saved my life and I lack the words to properly express my limitless gratitude.
in Randolph |
I had lumbar surgery 7/16 I am feeling no pain now before surgery my pain 13 out of 10 now it is 0 out of 10. I did after surgery which helped tremendously.
in Kenmore, NY |
Dr. Lewis and his staff are amazing. I had the C5-C7 fusion. Before the surgery I had constant headaches and numbness in all fingers. Two weeks later I feel fantastic, headaches and numbness are lessen. Patty is awesome. Taking care of every deal. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lewis.
in Orchard Park, NY |
In November of 2006 I was in a serious car accident. One of my worst injuries was 2 blown discs in my neck - I virtually lost use of my dominant arm and had horrific pain. 6 months after the accident he installed 2 artificial discs and within hours I was 100% cured. I was great until I was hit by a semi in 2014. He just installed 2 more discs in my neck and 85% of my pain is gone. He saved my life. I believe in him so much he has treated my Dad and son.
in Buffalo, NY |
When I first saw Dr Lewis I was suffering with headaches, fatigue, numbness, and many more symptoms. He actually listened to me and was very informative with my condition. He performed a Chiari decompression surgery. Post surgery Dr Lewis's team was very concerned with how I was feeling and any concerns that I may have had. I am 6 months post op now and I am feeling back to normal.
in Gowanda, NY |
I had lumbar surgery. I felt confident in my diagnosis and with the pre op information on what would be done. Dr Lewis is little on personality, but high on knowledge.
in Elma, NY |
I had a spinal fusion in my lower back. Before surgery I could barely walk and doing normal things sent me to bed in pain. Since surgery I can do anything. I walk 3 miles a day, ride motor cycle, mow lawn with a walk behind mower. Sometimes at the end of a hard day it hurts a little but that is when I have spent two days painting or trimming hedges. But at least I can do it ! Very happy with outcome of surgery.
Elma, NY |
Dr Lewis is a great surgeon. My pain is gone.
in Buffalo, NY |
I had trigeminal nerve surgery with Dr Lewis. I had horrendous pain for months and immediately after the decompression surgery in my brain, I had immediate relief with no pain since. Dr Lewis and his entire staff are wonderful. I can't say enough good things about all of them.
in Buffalo, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr Lewis' for many year. I have had 3 lumbar surgeries and 3 cervical surgeries over the last 25 year. Each time my quality of life was greatly improved. From being in severe pain to little to no pain and symptoms. Several family members I referred to Dr Lewis also who have had to have lumbar and cervical surgeries and all of them are back doing all activities that they were doing prior to their surgeries and feeling great.
in Buffalo, NY |
I was in a lot of pain, could barely stand and it was effecting my work and all other aspects of my life.After the surgery I noticed right away that the pain was gone.A few months laterI was able to work again.I still have some numbness in my left leg because of nerve damage but I can live with that.Thank you!!!!
Buffalo, NY |
He is a great doctor. I had lumbar surgery in 2016 and I am feeling great now. Before surgery I was in constant pain couldn't stand up or do anything. I am now more energetic and can do almost anything.
in South Dayton, NY |
I Jeremy B Hubbard would highly recommend Dr. Lewis for any surgery of the spinal region! Since my surgery and recovery I've been able to work the way I used to without any major pains or mobile restrictions. I work 12 hours per day, 7 days a week and am able to live a normal life thanks to the expertise of Dr. Lewis and his staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone!
Buffalo, NY |
I finally after nearly 10 surgeries with Dr. Lewis realized I was not any closer to being pain free than I was after the first surgery. So when he recommended yet another surgery that was very involved, I found another surgeon. His bedside manner is non-existent, he does nothing but walk in the room, stare at your films, ignore all your questions, then walk out. His P.A.'s do a majority of the work, he is extremely arrogant, and his nurse is downright nasty. Long waiting room time also.
Plano, TX |
Highly recommend Dr. Lewis and his staff. Great, caring, compassionate people.
in Alden, NY |
I will never have surgery done by Dr. Lewis again. Surgery at South Buffalo Mercy Hospital is a nightmare. I was placed in a room with screaming geriatric patients. Dr. Lewis's PA's do all of the work. He only reviews the MRI and checks their diagnosis. I only saw him for a few minutes. The PA assured me that I would be pain free after the surgery. Four months later my pain is worsening again and an MRI has revealed a new problem. They are ignoring me and do not return phone calls as promised.
in Buffalo, NY |
Recently had cervical fusion with doctor Jeffery Lewis pain in left arm was around a 8 of 10 soon after surgery approx 7 days I noticed a pain difference of 2 of 10.. In my eyes it's been a 95% success rate.
in Buffalo, NY |
I had a disc replacement/ fusion done by dr.lewis in 2015 after suffering for almost 13 years with a bulging disc / herniation. I wish I would have done this years ago, my surgery was great , I was very well informed what to expect and what could happen. I feel ten times better ,very minimal scaring and great after care. Dr. Lewis is a miracle worker and the staff if very helpful.
Buffalo, NY |
HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE. Don't let this man touch you! He will make you worse. He is cold, rude & arrogant. Secretaries & nurse are rude. My family member had 4 surgeries by him & now he wants to do 5th surgery. Came out of 3rd surgery needing assistance to walk as their leg would just go out & they would fall. 4th surgery, no better. Now he wants to do 5th. Went to new surgeon who said problem is neck not the back. Thank God they went to new surgeon & didn't let this man cut their back open again.
in Rochester,Ny |
I have been a patient of Dr.Lewis since 2002. He has done 3 back surgeries from 3 different work injuries.He also did a carpal tunnel surgery and have had no problems since. Most recently ,in January, I had a brain surgery done to remove a tumor. I came out of the surgery with no headaches and still in my right mind. And I am still here thanks to him and to God. Dr.Lewis is an awesome surgeon, his staff is also awesome and very professional and I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Attica, NY |
Hedid amultilevel lumbardiscectomy n fusion n laminectomy The opreport said hecaused a tare inthe sacaround the spinalcanal I went ayr inpain fromrods nscrews he saidwhen I fused he would removethem So he triedto n endedup breaking thescrew inmy s1 on theright and left the2 in Screw inme I thought thiswas why I hurt sobad he didn't tellme about thescrew I wentto diff surgeon to findout I wasntfused yet Lewisnever should've removedthem my l4tol5 vert Areremodeling n I haveto have the surgery redo
in Silver Creek, NY |
I had a chiari malformation from a truck an camper rollover, I went to 37 drs all said. No. They cant help me. They did not want to do a risky surgery. And to just deal with everything. Or go to long Island ny, I could not travel 8 hours with what I was going threw , then came across Dr Lewis witch was a god sent. After 3 years of fighting I got my license back, and doing everyday activities, God bless this place. That I can live again.
in Niagara Falls, NY |
I had a benign brain tumor. Dr. Lewis and his team had it removed, now the only problem is that i have to drive all the way out to West Seneca for checkups.
Singapore, 01 |
He was very efficient and organized. My craniotomy went as described and planned. My family was given a hourly update which made them comfortable during the procedure. My recovery time was shorter than originally thought which was great for me and my family.
in FRANKLINVILLE |
He has performed 6 spinal surgeries on me and I'm waiting for a SCS to be put in place. He answers all your questions and his PA's are awesome.
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr. Lewis removed my microprolactinoma. The transnasal surgery was successful with no complications. Before the surgery Dr. Lewis told me that he was very successful with all pituitary surgeries. I was not nervous at all. Before and during the surgery his staff was extremely positive, supportive & they were also available whenever I had any questions or concerns even on holidays. Both Dr. Lewis and his staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and not in pain. Anthony his PA wa
in Buffalo, NY |
I had a pinched nerve in my neck (which caused complete numbness in my R arm + the R side of my back), which I went to specialist after specialist for + no one could figure it out. I was with Anthony (the PA) for about 2 minutes + he saw it + told me that it could be fixed w surgery. Dr. Lewis put 2 cages in my neck, and within 2 weeks I had feeling back in my arm and shortly after I had feeling back in my back! Dr. Lewis is a FABULOUS surgeon!
in West Seneca, NY |
I HAD SURGERY WITH DR.LEWIS ,ALTHOUGH HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BEST BEDSIDE MANOR,HE IS A VERY TALENTED SURGEON.
in Buffalo, NY |
DR.LEWIS SAW ME IN THE HOSPITAL AFTER I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AN ANYEURISM FROM A RARE BLOOD DISEASE. I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL TWICE AND IN ICU FOR A MONTH, WHEN I CAME HOME THE HEADACHES AND PRESSURE IN MY HEAD WERE REALLY BAD. DR.OMAR REFERRED ME TO DR.LEWIS AND HE RECOMMENDED A VP SHUNT. I HAD IT DONE AND NOW THE PRESSURE HEADACHES ARE SUBSIDING AND I AM ABLE TO FUNCTION BETTER. I HAVE A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF ME AND DR.LEWIS HAS BEEN THERE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.. I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR WHAT HE DID.
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr.lewis has fixed everything he said he would fix.
in Lockport, NY |
Dr. Lewis is an extremely competent surgeon with skillsets unmatched by most doctors in his field of expertise. Dr. Lewis brought me back from near death, and gave me mobility that all I'd seen were either unable, could not, or would not help me. Dr. Lewis did not hesitate to bring to my attention all the available options for a medical solution. Today I live & play near pain free, and without medication of any kind. I enjoy a reasonablly full life, having had 3/4s of my cervical spine fused.
in Buffalo, N.Y. |
11 days out and I feel like I used to pre-injury and I'm absolutely amazed. ALIF/TLIF, PEEK cages with bone morphogenic protein, rods and screw's. I have the utmost faith in Dr. Lewis and would recommend anyone to him that has back issues. He didnt rush me to surgery, but after conservative measures failed, he did me right. Dr Lewis and his staff are true professionals.
in Arcade, NY |
was treated poorly by staff .Waited over a month just to see a p.a. then was told to come back two months later to see the doctor even though I was in very much pain. This was very poor service for someone that was in this condition way to long waiting and being treated poorly at the sign in window ,also when I tried to get an answer by other staff. Never got to see the doctor it was not worth the trouble. Very, very poor treatment
Have you seen Dr. P Jeffrey Lewis, MD?
Are you Dr. Lewis?

Visit Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO