Dr. P Jeffrey Lewis, MD

Dr. P Jeffrey Lewis, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. P Jeffrey Lewis, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Buffalo, NY. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with Erie County Medical Center, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, Sisters of Charity Hospital and Kaleida Health Buffalo General Hospital.

Dr. Lewis' Experience

See how Dr. Lewis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Lewis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lewis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lewis to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Lewis' Performance
Plano, TX |
Highly recommend Dr. Lewis and his staff. Great, caring, compassionate people.
in Alden, NY |
I will never have surgery done by Dr. Lewis again. Surgery at South Buffalo Mercy Hospital is a nightmare. I was placed in a room with screaming geriatric patients. Dr. Lewis's PA's do all of the work. He only reviews the MRI and checks their diagnosis. I only saw him for a few minutes. The PA assured me that I would be pain free after the surgery. Four months later my pain is worsening again and an MRI has revealed a new problem. They are ignoring me and do not return phone calls as promised.
in Buffalo, NY |
Recently had cervical fusion with doctor Jeffery Lewis pain in left arm was around a 8 of 10 soon after surgery approx 7 days I noticed a pain difference of 2 of 10.. In my eyes it's been a 95% success rate.
in Buffalo, NY |
I had a disc replacement/ fusion done by dr.lewis in 2015 after suffering for almost 13 years with a bulging disc / herniation. I wish I would have done this years ago, my surgery was great , I was very well informed what to expect and what could happen. I feel ten times better ,very minimal scaring and great after care. Dr. Lewis is a miracle worker and the staff if very helpful.
Buffalo, NY |
HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE. Don't let this man touch you! He will make you worse. He is cold, rude & arrogant. Secretaries & nurse are rude. My family member had 4 surgeries by him & now he wants to do 5th surgery. Came out of 3rd surgery needing assistance to walk as their leg would just go out & they would fall. 4th surgery, no better. Now he wants to do 5th. Went to new surgeon who said problem is neck not the back. Thank God they went to new surgeon & didn't let this man cut their back open again.
in Rochester,Ny |
I have been a patient of Dr.Lewis since 2002. He has done 3 back surgeries from 3 different work injuries.He also did a carpal tunnel surgery and have had no problems since. Most recently ,in January, I had a brain surgery done to remove a tumor. I came out of the surgery with no headaches and still in my right mind. And I am still here thanks to him and to God. Dr.Lewis is an awesome surgeon, his staff is also awesome and very professional and I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Attica, NY |
Hedid amultilevel lumbardiscectomy n fusion n laminectomy The opreport said hecaused a tare inthe sacaround the spinalcanal I went ayr inpain fromrods nscrews he saidwhen I fused he would removethem So he triedto n endedup breaking thescrew inmy s1 on theright and left the2 in Screw inme I thought thiswas why I hurt sobad he didn't tellme about thescrew I wentto diff surgeon to findout I wasntfused yet Lewisnever should've removedthem my l4tol5 vert Areremodeling n I haveto have the surgery redo
in Silver Creek, NY |
I had a chiari malformation from a truck an camper rollover, I went to 37 drs all said. No. They cant help me. They did not want to do a risky surgery. And to just deal with everything. Or go to long Island ny, I could not travel 8 hours with what I was going threw , then came across Dr Lewis witch was a god sent. After 3 years of fighting I got my license back, and doing everyday activities, God bless this place. That I can live again.
in Niagara Falls, NY |
I had a benign brain tumor. Dr. Lewis and his team had it removed, now the only problem is that i have to drive all the way out to West Seneca for checkups.
Singapore, 01 |
He was very efficient and organized. My craniotomy went as described and planned. My family was given a hourly update which made them comfortable during the procedure. My recovery time was shorter than originally thought which was great for me and my family.
in FRANKLINVILLE |
He has performed 6 spinal surgeries on me and I'm waiting for a SCS to be put in place. He answers all your questions and his PA's are awesome.
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr. Lewis removed my microprolactinoma. The transnasal surgery was successful with no complications. Before the surgery Dr. Lewis told me that he was very successful with all pituitary surgeries. I was not nervous at all. Before and during the surgery his staff was extremely positive, supportive & they were also available whenever I had any questions or concerns even on holidays. Both Dr. Lewis and his staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and not in pain. Anthony his PA wa
in Buffalo, NY |
I had a pinched nerve in my neck (which caused complete numbness in my R arm + the R side of my back), which I went to specialist after specialist for + no one could figure it out. I was with Anthony (the PA) for about 2 minutes + he saw it + told me that it could be fixed w surgery. Dr. Lewis put 2 cages in my neck, and within 2 weeks I had feeling back in my arm and shortly after I had feeling back in my back! Dr. Lewis is a FABULOUS surgeon!
in West Seneca, NY |
I HAD SURGERY WITH DR.LEWIS ,ALTHOUGH HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BEST BEDSIDE MANOR,HE IS A VERY TALENTED SURGEON.
in Buffalo, NY |
DR.LEWIS SAW ME IN THE HOSPITAL AFTER I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AN ANYEURISM FROM A RARE BLOOD DISEASE. I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL TWICE AND IN ICU FOR A MONTH, WHEN I CAME HOME THE HEADACHES AND PRESSURE IN MY HEAD WERE REALLY BAD. DR.OMAR REFERRED ME TO DR.LEWIS AND HE RECOMMENDED A VP SHUNT. I HAD IT DONE AND NOW THE PRESSURE HEADACHES ARE SUBSIDING AND I AM ABLE TO FUNCTION BETTER. I HAVE A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF ME AND DR.LEWIS HAS BEEN THERE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.. I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR WHAT HE DID.
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr.lewis has fixed everything he said he would fix.
in Lockport, NY |
Dr. Lewis is an extremely competent surgeon with skillsets unmatched by most doctors in his field of expertise. Dr. Lewis brought me back from near death, and gave me mobility that all I'd seen were either unable, could not, or would not help me. Dr. Lewis did not hesitate to bring to my attention all the available options for a medical solution. Today I live & play near pain free, and without medication of any kind. I enjoy a reasonablly full life, having had 3/4s of my cervical spine fused.
in Buffalo, N.Y. |
11 days out and I feel like I used to pre-injury and I'm absolutely amazed. ALIF/TLIF, PEEK cages with bone morphogenic protein, rods and screw's. I have the utmost faith in Dr. Lewis and would recommend anyone to him that has back issues. He didnt rush me to surgery, but after conservative measures failed, he did me right. Dr Lewis and his staff are true professionals.
in Arcade, NY |
was treated poorly by staff .Waited over a month just to see a p.a. then was told to come back two months later to see the doctor even though I was in very much pain. This was very poor service for someone that was in this condition way to long waiting and being treated poorly at the sign in window ,also when I tried to get an answer by other staff. Never got to see the doctor it was not worth the trouble. Very, very poor treatment
Have you seen Dr. P Jeffrey Lewis, MD?
Are you Dr. Lewis?

Compare Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Aneurysm
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine

Graduated in 1982

University Toronto
    University Alberta Fac Med Hospital

Dr. Lewis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent