Dr. Owen Schneider, MD

Dr. Schneider
Telehealth services available

The Waynik Group

52 Beach Rd Ste 104 Fairfield, CT 06824

Dr. Owen Schneider, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Fairfield, CT and has over 53 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse) medical school in 1968. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schneider to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Owen Schneider, MD with other Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists near you

Dr. Schneider's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schneider

2.0

4.25531914893617%

Dr. Schneider?
  • Listened & answered questions (12)
  • Office environment (12)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (12)
  • Appointment was rushed (31)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (29)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (29)
Dr. Schneider was extremely unethical and sexist. I have visited numerous specialists and this was by far my worst experience. First off, he strongly encouraged me to FaceTime him in our initial visit after I told him I didn’t feel comfortable being that I just got out of the shower. He exclaimed that this was the perfect time, it’s gross. Additionally, I called him to get a Square receipt emailed to substandard my insurance claim. He exclaimed that I “require a lot of work and he doesn’t think he can work with me.” Last time I checked, there are receptionists to delegate and push paperwork. Completely disgusting behavior. He should have his license revoked. He does not care for the patient only the $$$. Do yourself a favor and find another one.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
How did ya pass med school doc? – Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
This "doctor" needs his license revoked. I can't properly detail all of the unethical things this doctor has said to me, but he has actually traumatized me and has been extremely unhelpful in diagnosing and treating me. I gave him multiple chances (too many) to prove that he may have just made careless mistakes or had some lack in judgment, but nothing has improved. If your only concern is getting medications, then this is the doctor for you, as he doesn't thoroughly examine you and will probably dismiss your concerns. At least, this has been the issue for me. If you identify as a woman, then I would definitely steer clear. He's made many misogynistic and ignorant comments to me and in reference to my in laws who happen to be immigrants. I'm not sure how he's been able to practice for as long as he has, but he needs his license revoked asap.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
The absolute worst office experience you could find. This office regularly fails to call in my family member’s prescriptions, causing us huge difficulties. Seek care elsewhere, because the entire Waynik Group experience is unpleasant.
Last time patient – Nov 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
The best doctor. He truly cares about every pateint. He is always attentive and helpful. He is through and patient.
Kelly – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
Ratio of Negative reviews are out of line from reality. I’ve been seeing Dr. Schneider for 15 years for depress/anxiety, ADD and opioid depend. Yes the appointments can be short; But he isn’t to blame, The US healthcare system is. He is atypical of most PsycMDs. But, the key to getting the care you need Is to realize that he practices medicine in a more collaborative way. For me this is very effective because I am constantly researching all my psychiatric conditions/related meds/side effects. When I see him I’m able to talk Intelligently about what is working, not working and adjustments which should be made and why. In the end I get the meds/care I need. If you’re someone who just wants to go to a doctor and get handed a script Without discussion, Then he isn’t for you. If you like Being involved in your care, then I would definitely recommend him. Just research your condition,treatments available, And when you see him be honest/respectful. He saved my life more than once!
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
Very likely to reccreccomend to my wost enemy
Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
Dr. Schneider became my doctor after my previous one went into private practice. Dr. Schneider is an "old school" doctor who cares about my situation and we both agree on the treatment for my case. Dr. Schneider reviews the efficacy of the medications each month and we always have a few minutes to talk. He is a consummate professional and very thorough about keeping my records up to date. It is always good to review medications to be refilled before leaving, to avoid any oversights.
Patient X in Southern CT – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
Wow. Where to begin. Let me tell you, this guy is not the one you want to see. He belongs straight out of a movie. His behavior was like that of the mother in Requiem for a Dream, if you've ever seen it. He was grimacing (?), stuttering, and shaking the entire time, not to mention he was facing me with his eyes closed (or barely open) the entire time. I had to keep myself from laughing, but at the same time felt a good amount of concern, and was wondering if I should ask him if HE was okay.
Trumbull, CT – May 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
Very strange behavior bordering on rude. Not organized, made me wait 30 minutes for my appointment and when I was finally in his office asked me to go wait outside so he could take a call. Then stated I didn't have an appointment, which he finally found on his schedule. Asked me "Are you crazy"? What kind of professional would act this way? I think he needs psychological help more than I do.
Fairfield, CT – Mar 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
Spent very little time (less than 10 minutes) with me as a patient, one visit my appointment was delayed by him almost 1 hours, and then overcharged me citing the visit was longer than normal.
John in Fairfield, CT – Jun 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
He has helped me get my life totally back on track I am forever grateful.I was doubtful that things would change and he has supported me and helped me to see a great future ahead.
Gail in Bridgeport – Jan 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?
I've seeing him for 7 years now. I have been extremely happy with the service he has provided me over these years. Unlike most psycmds, who's just see you for a few minutes and give you a script for the latest drug the Pharma companies are pushing; Dr Schneider takes the time to listen to you, work with you on what meds would be best for your condition in a collaborative manner; Without having to deal w/ a ego-centric doctor Who just gives you a script and tells you to take it. No discussion..
Astralzzzz in Milford, Connecticut – Jan 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen Schneider, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schneider?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

1975
Bronx Muni Hospital Center Albert Einstein College Med
1973
Bronx Muni Hospital Center Albert Einstein
1969
Montefiore Medical Center
1968
Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)