Dr. Owen McConville, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. McConville

South Shore Orthopedics

2 Pond Park Rd Ste 102 Hingham, MA 02043

Dr. Owen McConville, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Hingham, MA and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from TUFTS UNIV SCH OF MED in 1986 and specializes in sports medicine, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. McConville's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McConville

4.5

83.87096774193549%
9.67741935483871%

Dr. McConville?
Dr. McConville's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Owen McConville, MD
I've had two arthroscopic knee surgeries with Dr. McConville and both have been an easy process. He is very professional, explains everything in a simplified way and is always on time. I've been to the Hingham office a few times and I'm always taken in right at the time of my appointment if not earlier. The staff in the office is wonderful too. I would highly recommend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
I broke my clavicle in a bike crash, and Dr. McConville put it back together. I was very impressed with how efficient the office was, from checking in, getting the X-ray, seeing the doctor, discussing my options and scheduling surgery. The surgery went very well, the staff is awesome, very friendly and caring. I was nervous about the surgery beforehand but it went well and I felt immediate relief (and had better mobility) right after surgery. Highly recommend south shore orthopedics and Dr. M
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
I recently had surgery for a torn meniscus in my knee. Dr. McConville was wonderful to me. Having been to him previously for this and realized it was not getting any better and he immediately took action to make sure I received treatment as soon as possible. He is a very caring, sensitive surgeon who listens to his patients and makes sure they receive the care that they need. His secretary Susan was wonderful with navigating everything need to prepare for surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Dr. McConville is the perfect mix of warm, friendly and professional. Despite how busy the office is, it is like a well oiled machine, running perfectly, I never felt rushed when in the exam room with Dr. McConville and he answered my questions clearly. I may have to have the other knee replaced as well, and feel secure knowing it will be performed by him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
All I can say is wonderful in all aspects of my needed care. Don't hesitate for a moment to see Dr. McConville. He and his entire staff are incredible and use the most modern methods of communicating on a regular basis to monitor my recovery and to ensure that my pain is as minimal as it can be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
This is the second surgery I have had Dr. McConville do for me. Left shoulder and now RTKR. this surgery is not an easy one. Very painful and look forward to 6 months down the road.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Dr. McConville was very careful in his explanations about the recommended procedure. His office used Health Loop to keep me up to date on preparations for the surgery, as well as follow-up after the surgery. I saw him in the hospital twice after the surgery & Angie, his PA, once & they were very encouraging! I'm very pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
I am very satisfied with Dr.McConville. I would recommend him very highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Dr. McConville was recommended to me by my Neurosurgeon who had just preformed a discectomy in January for me, I was then diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff and frozen shoulder I said Doc send me to the best. Well I received some of the best service that I have ever received next to my Neurosurgeon, Dr. McConville took charge right away he and his proficient office staff Sue D and Kathy M handle me like I was a family member surgical Dept second to none. Surgery was preformed Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
I found that he was very considerate of my concerns both before and after surgery. I also like the way the office keeps in touch every day on HealthLoop with suggestions and reminders.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
A very pleasant, efficient, office! Not rushed with doctor or staff. Doctor was very receptive to all our questions and concerns. Would highly recommend this doctor and staff. Very refreshing to have such attentive staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Dr McConville is a master of shoulder joint corrections. My shoulder surgery was FAR easier than 2 knee surgeries that I have had in the past 30 years. His bedside manner is second to none and I looked forward to both pre-op and post-op visits. He exudes confidence that became reality during my rotator cuff repair. It has been 14 weeks since my surgery and I am back to most activities. I have been discharged from Physical Therapy and post surgical visits. God bless the day I found him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Compassionate, caring, the office moves smoothly, everyone works together. Takes the time to explain any questions. Will see you asap when needed. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Excellent surgeon Communicates well Answers questions Explains alternatives Highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
My Primary Care sent me to him because I've had a shoulder dislocate several times. He didn't believe that I've had the dislocations (what? then why the excruciating pain?) and spoke down to me. After a 3 minute exam he made moves toward the door as if we were over. I tried to get in all my questions and find out where to go from here. He acted exasperated and annoyed and finally said "I don't have any answers". WHAT?? Then you should try to find them. Will not be back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Dr. McConville and South Shore Orthopedics were excellent choices for my rotator cuff reconstruction. All employees were courteous, informative, and on time with their services. I am well on my way back to the active lifestyle which have always enjoyed thanks to Dr. McConville and South Shore Orthopedics.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Dr. McConville is an excellent surgeon. I needed rotator cuff surgery for a large tear. Dr. McConville explained the procedure to me. He showed me what a normal shoulder would look like, then he showed me the damage I had, and explained what he would be doing to correct the tear. I had little to no pain the week end of the surgery and NO PAIN, a few days after surgery, and NO PAIN during the weeks of PT after surgery. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Very good surgeon; exactly right about process and recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Dr. McConville did a great job on my shoulder and pectoral muscle. He explained the procedure well, and the incision is as small as can be and healing beautifully. he was direct and to the point, presented options and was able to understand my lifestyle and needs and incorporate those into his recommended path forward. Only had one follow up so far, second is later this week. His approach has been consistent. I also like he uses some humor with his patients! Really helps!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Owen McConville, MD?
Dr. McConville preformed shoulder surgery on me a week ago. I had my follow up office visit today and was very pleased with his explanation of the procedure he preformed. I would most certainly recommend him to family and friends for any orthopedic care they might need. I found Dr. McConville professional and a clear communicator with patients, who comes highly recommended by his peers at the South Shore Orthopedics practice. I certainly felt confident during my whole experience with him.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. McConville?

• Sports Medicine

1992
1987
1986

Dr. McConville accepts

Dr. McConville accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. McConville treats your condition or procedure

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Knee Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

South Shore Orthopedics

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. McConville treats patients.

South Shore Hospital