Dr. Oscar Tamez, MD

Dr. Oscar Tamez, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

To provide the highest quality, courteous care for my patients. To antipate the needs of my patients. To become your partner in health.

Dr. Oscar Tamez, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Round Rock, TX. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Tamez is affiliated with St. David's North Austin Medical Center, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center and St. David's Georgetown Hospital.

Dr. Tamez's Experience

See how Dr. Tamez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tamez

Dr. Tamez accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Tamez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tamez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tamez to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Tamez's Performance
in Cedar Park, TX |
The doctor assistant ask you the right question and they treat you very nice and friendly. Most knowledgeable doctor I have ever seen, he really knows what he's doing, they make you feel comfortable and he will know exactly what's wrong with you. They're the best so happy that I went through him. The price is reasonable and they will work with you. God bless him
in Taylor, TX |
I waited over an hour on my first visit. The second time I was there, I called to say I'd be around 5 minutes late. I was driving in rain and live about 20 miles away. I got there 8 minutes late to find out they had taken the next patient in my place and now I had to wait 50 minutes. Dr. Tamez blaimed me for what happened and said I could go to a different practice. There was no apology and no one had the courtesy to call me and let me know they were giving away my appointment. Rude.
Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Tejas Ear, Nose and Throat. We'd like the opportunity to make this up to you, so if you're willing, please contact our manager at (512) 255-8070. We hope to hear from you.
Round Rock, TX |
I called to make an appointment & took the soonest one they had available which was over 5 weeks out. 2 weeks prior to the appointment I received a call asking for my insurance information. I had a 3 year old get diagnosed with pneumonia that week & wasn't able to call back until the next week which was still 1 week prior to my appointment. I was told that I had missed the "deadline" & would have to be rescheduled but they could get me in that same week. I asked how could I be scheduled sooner i
Thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. We'd like the opportunity to make this up to you, so if you're willing, please contact our manager at (512) 255-8070. We hope to hear from you.
in Austin, TX |
Recommend you stay away. These guys are about billing your insurance company as much as possible. I had a hard time breathing when I was sick and had some pullops in my nose. He recommended surgery to help me breath. I just wanted to get well and explore that option on a follow up visit. They scheduled a bunch of tests that had nothing to do with my issue. He checked my ears and stated they look great, then scheduled a comprehensive audio check for my next visit. These guys are about money.
I am sorry you had a bad experience with my practice. I can assure you I only make recommendations for tests based on complaints stated by the patient and upon comprehensively assessing the entire ENT area. It is entirely up to the patient whether they want to proceed with the tests. I never recommend surgery unless a patient fails medical therapy and after much discussion, the patient and I are confident that surgery is the next best option. I sincerely wish you the best in your health care.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Tamez seemed a bit abrupt at 1st visit and we were not expecting to hear that our son would need surgery. After one of my students had almost exact same surgery as my son, said he finally could breathe after the surgery and loved Dr. Tamez, I contacted the student's mom for advice. She also felt same at first but was very happy with surgery and highly recommended Dr. Tamez. Surgery has improved our son's breathing . We appreciate the follow-up to further increase his overall health.
in Round Rock, TX |
Excellent, answered all of my concerns
in Nolanville, TX |
He was very professional, kind and caring.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Tamez is authoritative in his knowledge and is genuinely concerned and curious for his patients. I find him remarkable and give my highest recommendation.
Round Rock, TX |
On the first visit for sinus infection he spoke of surgery. I thought surgery was a bit extreme.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr Tamez was ENT number #2 out of three to get resolution with a multi year sinus/ear problem. Great personality,uses technology effectively ex patient's immediately get transcript of session. Seemed to push me to surgery from the moment I walked in, without much clear connection to original issue. quoted more aggressive outpatient, got all paperwork and saw a LOT post surgery required but not covered. Took info and got 2nd opinion. REALLY NICE, great staff and office, just didn't mesh.
Have you seen Dr. Oscar Tamez, MD?

Compare Dr. Tamez

}

Dr. Tamez's Care Philosophy

Dr. Tamez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Tamez has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tamez's Board Certifications

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Tumor
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer

Faculty : University Of Texas Health Science Center Houston

Completed in 1999

Faculty: University Of California San Francisco At Fresno

Completed in 2001

Dr. Tamez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tamez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Congenital ENT Surgery
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Reconstruction
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Neck Mass
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroid Surgery
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Surgery