Dr. Orlando Fernandez, MD

Dr. Orlando Fernandez, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Orlando Fernandez, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Bonita Springs, FL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

4061 Bonita Beach Rd Ste 101

Bonita Springs, FL 34134

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Learn about Dr. Fernandez

See how frequently Dr. Fernandez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Diabetes Type 1
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Fernandez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Fernandez "Visit www.endocrineflorida.com for complete information"

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

• Uthsc San Antonio-Rahc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Uthsc San Antonio
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Fernandez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fernandez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fernandez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fernandez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fernandez to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Fernandez's Performance
in Ft Myers, Florida |
Dr. Fernandez and his staff were amazing!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Awful!!! Left my glucose and BP get higher and higher until I went into kidney failure. Then he never explained what that meant just exclaimed I had kidney failure and didn't address that. I came to him when it first hit with pain in kidney and unable to eat and itchiness. He just said it was unexplained pain in my flank!!!! Also, waiting time is usually over an hour. Stay away!
in Ft.myers fl |
Thought that this was a good doctor but everytime I call I always get the answering service saying that they're out to lunch from a certain time to a certain time well do lunch hours over at 1:38 pm later I'm still calling and I still get answering service and it says if you have any emergencies the please dial nine-one-one still waiting for my mother's approval for her diabetes medicine and medicine diabetic and has been without her medicine about two and a half weeks and still no med.
in Bonita Springs |
Doctor is fine....the office staff is terrible. Made a phone call and was put on hold and forgotten about. Called back and complained and they told me it was MY fault.
in Fort Ogden, Fl |
Dr. Fernandez and his staff are all the absolute best and will do anything and everything to help you. There are not many Drs like dr. Fernandez in that they will work with you and not give up in trying to find out the cause of symptoms through doing testing that's meaningful. This dr. Will personally call you back himself and will listen to your needs and work with you to find a solution. I've cried at every appointment, because finally found a dr. that cares!! He's the BEST and won't give up!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Fernandez helped me through a very difficult time medically and went so far and beyond the call of duty that it was amazing. I have recommended 9 friends to him and they all love him! Several have had ongoing issues that no one else could diagnose, but Dr. Fernandez found the problem and helped them. He is kind and has been happy to answer all of my questions. I wish there was more room here because I have more good things to say!
in Lehigh Acres, FL |
I have been a patient for over 2 years now and find Dr Fernandez to be an excellent doctor. He always takes care to address all my problems, answer my questions, and make sure that my overall health is good, just not my endocrine system. I have complete confidence in this doctor. He has addressed my thyroid issues and adjusted my medications so that I feel the best that I have felt in years. My previous doctor had failed to properly treat my condition so it is a relief to feel good again.
in Naples, FL |
I would not recommend Dr Fernandez because first impression when you walk in the office the staff is not welcoming, I had to wait 1hr and 15mins to see the doctor, Doctor does not perform a complete assessment on new patient, does not explain diagnosis and could not explain difference in medication when asked. I had a blood sugar over 300 when I visited the doctor and he ready to let me leave the office without administer insulin. Doctor Fernandez is not very good at talking to patients
in Naples |
If you want a doctor who tells it like it is, and treats you with respect and kindness, this is the specialist for you. I am a type 1 diabetic and recently went through a scary pregnancy. As opposed to the hospital doctors, he was amazingly smart and got me through my pregnancy with flying colors and HA1C of 6.5. Yes, he can be quick at times but he is effective! His diagnostic methods are very accurate and he just doesn't like to waste time. I'm very satisfied with him and his staff.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
If I could give this doctor zero stars I would. I have been a nurse for 10 years and have never met a worse doctor in my life. Office is disorganized, long waiting times, and doctor has no time for you and has no idea who you are! He should be so ashamed to be running an office the way he is!! Worse of all, I do not get any indication from him that he is even remotely knowledgable about thyroid problems. Stay away!!!!
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Terrible doctor. He should not be in this profession if he doesn't want to listen and help people. First visit went ok but the few after that were horrendous. I was yelled at for having questions about my lab results-- whether or not he was having a good day, he was extremely unprofessional. Thank goodness I switched doctors.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Dr was fine his office staff was rude and condescending I would not recommend him to anyone due to the hassle I experienced with his staff. I work in the medical field myself and if I treated patients the way I was treated I would be out of a job!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Orlando Fernandez, MD?
Are you Dr. Fernandez?