Dr. Orlando Davis, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Phoenix Therapeutic Foundation 5602 Baltimore National Pike Ste 500 Catonsville, MD 21228 Get Directions
Dr. Orlando Davis, MD
Psychiatrist I grew up in segregated Delaware near Lewis beach. I swam on the "Black" side of the beach. There was a rope to separate the races, black and white. It was stupid then, and it is stupid now. I am still trying to work with people to cross the rope. Working with people to get to the other side. Learn what it is like to swim in "their" water. I have a saying, it goes like this... "If not racism there is always something. People will make up reasons to treat other people bad. To hurt, kill, yell at, or rob other people. This is the worst we have to offer and it is in all of us." Understand this, and you will understand why so many ropes and lines are just made up or make believe. But the bullets and guns are real! If you come to see me as a patient or ask consultation from me as a doctor I will offer you the following: "There are steps and there is a formula to help you and your patients live like your life matters. It's not some fancy product, just good common sense." That is all I focus on, and that is all we will focus on. With much to learn, much to share, and much to give life rages on! Enjoy it now!

Dr. Davis' Care Philosophy

You have the power and you are responsible for making your life matter. I will use my rich personal and professional experiences to draw analogies that will help you to better understand yourself and take responsibility for your health and your life. Personal power and responsibility will be emphasized. I am flexible, but in most cases of serious illness I use the combined power of medication and psychotherapy to help people gain mental strength. I will always tell you the truth to your face, so be ready. I will always have empathy for you because you are a human being, living, under God and you have the right to exist for as long as you can. I will do everything that I can to help you.

Dr. Davis' Experience

See how Dr. Davis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Davis

Dr. Davis accepts 3 insurance carriers

Dr. Davis is now accepting new patients
Phoenix Therapeutic Foundation5602 Baltimore National Pike Ste 500
Catonsville, MD 21228
Evening
Saturday
(410) 744-9100Get Directions

Dr. Davis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Davis to family and friends
4.5
based on 4 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Davis Says:

Patients are the best raters of my performance.  I appreciate them taking the time to complete a survey about me.  I have no challenge to offer, only improvement to work on.  Continuously.... constant and never-ending improvement.  I would expect no less from them!

Dr. Davis' Performance
    GOOD
in Hanford, CA |
dr. Davis has been a wonderful doctor he is the most concerning and helpful psychiatrist I have ever dealt with I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment he providesI think it's awesome when a doctor takes personal as well as professional interest in their patients it makes being honest and open a lot easier
Have you seen Dr. Orlando Davis, MD?
Are you Dr. Davis?

Compare Dr. Davis

Psychiatrist

I grew up in segregated Delaware near Lewis beach.

I swam on the "Black" side of the  beach.

There was a rope to separate the races, black and white.

It was stupid then, and it is stupid now.

I am still trying to work with people to cross the rope.

Working with people to get to the other side.

Learn what it is like to swim in "their" water.

I have a saying, it goes like this...

"If not racism there is always something.  People will make up reasons to treat other people bad.  To hurt, kill, yell at, or rob other people.  This is the worst we have to offer and it is in all of us."

But the bullets and guns are real!

"There are steps and there is a formula to help you and your patients live like your life matters.  It's not some fancy product, just good common sense."

That is all I focus on, and that is all we will focus on.

Dr. Davis' Care Philosophy

You have the power and you are responsible for making your life matter.

Personal power and responsibility will be emphasized.

I will always tell you the truth to your face, so be ready.

I will always have empathy for you because you are a human being, living, under God and you have the right to exist for as long as you can.  I will do everything that I can to help you.

Dr. Davis says...

Prescription Drug Abuse and Accidental Overdose Prevention - I have unique educational modules and behavioral protocols to address this epidemic.  I am an expert by virtue of my community-based experiences in both the addictions and the pain management world.  I am certified to provide office-based buprenorphine for opioid addiction.

Community Re-Entry and Forensic Psychiatry - I have and continue to serve as the Psychiatrist for People Encouraging People Inc. FACTT team where we deal with people who have committed crimes and who are also mentally ill.  Some found not criminally responsible and placed in the mental health system, and some found mentally competent who have served a sentence and are now on parole or probation.

Issues of Self-Worth, Race, Discrimination of all types - I have rich personal experiences and rich professional experiences that have empowered me with the gifted ability to help others facing these issues.

Dr. Davis says...

I have completed additional coursework at the CaseWestern Reserve School of Medicine in controlled substance prescribing.

I have completed additional coursework at the Harvard Medical School course in Psychopharmacology.

I am a former Instructor and Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and was involved in the initial outpatient trials of Clozapine for the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Dr. Davis says...

Dr. Davis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available
  •  Sanctions found
  •  Board actions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Dr. Davis has received 2 sanctions

• Substandard Care (1/5/2016)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • State: Maryland
    • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (11/16/2012)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    Board Action

Dr. Davis has 1 board action

• Substandard Care (2/16/2017)
    • Action Taken: Probation Terminated (Ended)
    • State: Maryland

• Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder

Completed in 1989

Completed in 1992

Simon's Rock Of Bard College

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Davis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Forensic Psychiatry

• ADHD Testing
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Stress Management