Dr. Orlando Davis, MD

Dr. Orlando Davis, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Orlando Davis, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Catonsville, MD and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Temple University School Of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.Read his story

5602 Baltimore National Pike Ste 500

Catonsville, MD 21228

Learn about Dr. Davis

Dr. Davis' Experience

Dr. Davis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Sanctions found
  • Board actions found

Dr. Davis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Davis "Psychiatrist I grew up in segregated Delaware near Lewis beach. I swam on the "Black" side of the beach. There was a rope to separate the races, black and white. It was stupid then, and it is stupid now. I am still trying to work with people to cross the rope. Working with people to get to the other side. Learn what it is like to swim in "their" water. I have a saying, it goes like this... "If not racism there is always something. People will make up reasons to treat other people bad. To hurt, kill, yell at, or rob other people. This is the worst we have to offer and it is in all of us." Understand this, and you will understand why so many ropes and lines are just made up or make believe. But the bullets and guns are real! If you come to see me as a patient or ask consultation from me as a doctor I will offer you the following: "There are steps and there is a formula to help you and your patients live like your life matters. It's not some fancy product, just good common sense." That is all I focus on, and that is all we will focus on. With much to learn, much to share, and much to give life rages on! Enjoy it now!"

This content was provided by Dr. Davis "You have the power and you are responsible for making your life matter.

I will use my rich personal and professional experiences to draw analogies that will help you to better understand yourself and take responsibility for your health and your life.

Personal power and responsibility will be emphasized.

I am flexible, but in most cases of serious illness I use the combined power of medication and psychotherapy to help people gain mental strength.

I will always tell you the truth to your face, so be ready.

I will always have empathy for you because you are a human being, living, under God and you have the right to exist for as long as you can.  I will do everything that I can to help you."

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Forensic Psychiatry

Dr. Davis does not have any board certifications listed.

• Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Schizophrenia

• ADHD Testing
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

1 Sanction
  • Substandard Care (1/5/2016)
    Action Taken: Probation
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Maryland
1 Board Action
  • Substandard Care (2/16/2017)
    Action Taken: Probation Terminated (Ended)
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Maryland

• Simon's Rock Of Bard College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • Temple University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Davis has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Davis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Davis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Davis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Davis to family and friends
4 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Davis' Performance

Dr. Davis Says:

Patients are the best raters of my performance.  I appreciate them taking the time to complete a survey about me.  I have no challenge to offer, only improvement to work on.  Continuously.... constant and never-ending improvement.  I would expect no less from them!

dr. Davis has been a wonderful doctor he is the most concerning and helpful psychiatrist I have ever dealt with I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment he providesI think it's awesome when a doctor takes personal as well as professional interest in their patients it makes being...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Davis?